Well for some lovely filipina ladies here and some filipino gents and of course for everybody.I have this questions for soooooo long now.Do you mind if somebody younger than you are call you ate or kuya because if you ask me I dont mind at allbecause I have a brother and a sister they both address me as ate and I am used to that and I would prefer younger one to call me that way.That`s why if I meet somebody older than me I have to ask him/her if he/she wanted to be called ate or kuya I have two filipino neighbor here a male and female.The female one prefer me to address her by her name but the thing is her daughter follows her to call me by my name and she`s only 8 years old while the other one I call him kuya in return he calls me ate I mean our age gap would be like 5 years or more than that I guess, so I thougt he doesn`t want to be called kuya again!It`s just that I have been brought up by my parents to respect the elders,we all are! its like a thing that we learn to grew up with our good manners and right conduct so to speakand I know we have different cultures in here and in PI its just that I hope we`ll still continue what we have learn from when we were small!