Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a new boy

Hong Kongers Nigel

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post

Philippines, Britain, China, Singapore. Korea are countries.

Hongkong is in China!!! Meaning: it's a region or a state...
    so maybe it's Hongnese or Chinkong... lolz
    I understand what your saying of course...but I have met people who have said "I'm not Chinese, I'm from Hong Kong!" Maybe it's just a translation misunderstanding..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

When I was based there all Hong Kongers used to say they werent Chinese,they didnt like to be called Chinese,they prefer to think of themselves as a cut-above the guys over the border or what they referred to as "Mainland-chinese" They still called us Gweilos though

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    When I was based there all Hong Kongers used to say they werent Chinese,they didnt like to be called Chinese,they prefer to think of themselves as a cut-above the guys over the border or what they referred to as "Mainland-chinese" They still called us Gweilos though
    Oh! Thanks for that, but what are Gweilos?

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Gweilos are you and me Nigel,white devils I think its an old colonial name or a leftover expression from a bygone era,but even today we are still referred to as Gweilos

Hi there Nigel.

No I'm Anakin Dogwalker

Hong Kongese I reckon, but I wouldn't be sure - Hong Kongers I call them.

Take care and may the force etc.

Banned

Talking

welcome aboard my friend enjoy your stay

i warn you it can get a little mad at times ,but we are just preparing people for a life with a filipina and all that comes with her

what a dilema you have shall i live in hong kong,philippines or uk wow well firstly have a very good look at the philippines and very importantly study your lovely girlfriend and everything that surrounds her

Irobot...." Sunny... Different From The Rest... "

Hi There Anakin ... Welcome to the forum...
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

Once again thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome. I'm so warm and fuzzy from this.

Trader Dave - Interesting you should suggest I look at the Phillipines. I'm probably going to sound naive here but here goes.
    I have certainly considered the Phillipines (do you all have an abbreviation for that?). My gf loves HK and said she'd be happy to consider the UK but naturally would like to visit here first.

Thing is, I've heard quite a few negatives about the Phillipines, which I suppose have more to do with where you are there than anything else.
    Gf is from Pangasinan, but I've got two pals in HK both with Filipina ladies (one's married, one's getting married) and the ladies are from Manilla.
    General consensus seems to be that its the wild west.
    My gf has even said she wouldnt like living there as she's be worried everytime I went out the door. The Gualo being robbed, murdered, mugged etc. has been impressed upon me as being a strong likelihood, rather than a remote possibility.
    Anyway I've spoken to quite a few Filipinas in HK who seem to be of the same opinion. I'd love the Forum's perspective as I'd very much like to know its not all doom and gloom. Being originally from London I know there's a big difference between (for instance) New Cross and Piccadilly if you're a visitor in terms of your safety, so no go areas I'm expecting but surely there must be plenty of safe places there? In the Phillipines I mean.

Tell me the good stuff (or better still the truth!) as I'd deifinitely like to go there in September with a view to looking at it as a potential home.

Cheers all.
    Anakin Dogwalker

Been to San Carlos,bit boring to be perfectly honest,wasnt robbed,assaulted nor even raped,theres very,very little danger somewhere like that,if its akin or likened to the wild-west it must have been after it was cleaned up bu Wyatt EarpPinays will often over-exaggerate the dangers,thats one thing I found outThey wont let their "foreigner" wander around on his own for some reason,its claustrophobic to be kept on a tight rein like that,from personal experience I have been to Pangasinan on my own and felt neither threatened nor frightened,but I did find it kind of boring compared to elsewhere in Pinas(thats the abbreviation you were looking for 'Nak).

Cheers Tawi. Interesting. So they can exaggerate a bit about the dangers eh? Thats good to know.

Hey you sure do change your avatar a lot!

Chameleons always change the colour of their skin They overly-exaggerate so you wont wander off on your own and meet another,same reason you wont be allowed to go anywhere on your own,well,thats a slight exaggeration,maybe you can visit the CR without either her or one of her family squeezing into the cubicle with you I have never had a spot of trouble in pinas I couldnt sort out,best go over on your own for a few weeks fact finding

Doing a fact finding mission on my tod: sounds like a good plan that.

I'll pack the six shooter.

Best off going to the visayas mate,get a flight from Honkers to Cebu,isnt as much a culture shock as Manila get a boat across to Bohol or somewhere,your going to find pangasinan boring compared to the decent islands and beaches further south Go for a week,test the water,if you still post when you return we know your girlfriends fears were unfounded and you didnt meet an untimely demise Be lucky

Cheers Tawi. I'll take that advice on board.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Cheers Tawi. I'll take that advice on board.
    I would still carry a "throw away" wallet, with a few expired credit cards and a few millions in turkish liras....

Once the prospective muggers/robbers realize that they been mugged, you will be well away....

Still have to watch your back, tho....

Banned

Talking

hi anakin

i work in london at night on the underground and yes new cross and piccadilly are a little different BUT i feel a lot safer ANYWHERE in the phils

if you are going on your own you will soon find another gf or many realy

personaly i would stay in manila for a couple of days makati is a safe and clean area plenty of bars and restaurents then fly somewhere else bohol? you could fly to cagayan de oro then go to camiguin island ??? there are many places but it depends on what what you want to see

Cheers for the tips Dave.

Seems like I've been indoctrinated with the bad stuff about Pinas,
    It's strange that they should paint their country in such a negative way. Obviously where there is poverty, there is often criminality, and some tourists, like anywhere do offer themselves up as obvious and easy targets.

Really looking forward to seeing the place. . .

Hey Dave,

After posting I noticed where you are. I'm near Deal.

hello to all

Hi, Im jackie,33 y/o a graduate of Physical Therapist and Caregiver here in Philippines.I described my self as simple,loving,faithful and honest.I like to find a man who like to settle down.A loving and honest man.Hope i can find here the love of my life.

Banned

Talking

yes i know deal well often down there fishing

as far as your trip on your tod goes please read this first http://www.british-filipino.com/survival.html everyone should read every word on that site before they even think of starting a relationship with a lovely filipina

if you need any tips after you have read the above site send me a pm and i will give you my number

I just read that Dave,and re-read the part about being shot,stabbed,robbed,mugged or having your murder arranged by your loving pinay Remember the english guy who ran the "Dubious" website in Angeles?His missus had him bumped off despite being the mother of her two children,by her boyfriend

Cheers for the link Dave - I'll have a read up.
    Also thanks for the offer of advice. Really appreciate that.

I used to dabble in the odd bit of sea fishing in Deal myself. Last time I did though was last year when it was easy pickings mackeral time off the pier.
    Do you sea fish in Pinas? I bet that's a step above.

Banned

Talking

hi tawi dont frighten anakin like that but yes its true a few foregners have been sorted out my the family of the loving wife and its always about one thing MONEY NUMBER 1 thats [why i just married a girl with no family ]

and many filipina have been known to chop off an unfaithfull dick but thats another story

Banned
    HI Anakin,

peace of advice my dear, living in the Philippines is the best option- For early retiring stage- why? because you can enjoy all the good sites in our country, but! you can also stay there if you are planning to have your own business there (THE BEST BUSINESS HERE IS COMPUTER SHOPS NEAR SCHOOLS OR UNIVERSITIES ) . To be honest, we are all affected to the global crisis and the impact here in the Phil is double, thats why most of the Filipinos prefer to stay in other country to work, tho it will be hard for them.

Actually me and my husband are also planning to live here in the Phil., but as long as we can afford to have our business of our own

Good luck to you and to you girlfriend,
    most of the filipinas nature towards their special someone are very caring and sweet

I wish you the best and luck!

Hi there anakin,
    we have several things in common. I met my now wife in Hong Kong

I lived on Lantau near Mui Wo at Silvermine bay

My honey is from Pangasinan (San Nicolas) and is an Illocano speaker

We chose HK first becasue my work was in China mainly and we loved the lifestyle there (an low taxes)

Now in UK as we have a baby and the pollution levels in HK even Lantau are getting worse all the time

We have a home in the Phils - Palawan, ask your girlfriend to take you there it is very beautiful and under developed.

Enjoy the wonderful thrill of being in love with a filipina, they are amazing people

if you are single then I would very much stay in HK if you can get the work permit.

good luck
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information