Thread: Anybody fancy doing a puzzle???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Thanks Yeh! I agree with you as I have classmate who is always panic with numbers but she speaks excellent and fluent english so she took medicine and now she's somebody in our town.
    My Mom is good in Math much better than anybody of us because she can count thru mental calculation. She doesn't know how to use calcu. At 81 she can still do mental calculation
    She was poor in Math but now a Doctor? I just hope she won't get confused with the prescriptions she gives out to her patients. Like the difference of "ml" from "mg".
    ML (milliliters) use to measure liquid volume. e.g. 5ml = 1 tsp.
    MG (milligrams) use to measure weight. (1,000 of a gram)
    Very small amounts of medicine in a mixture.
    e.g. 10 mg of active ingredient in a pill.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    She was poor in Math but now a Doctor? I just hope she won't get confused with the prescriptions she gives out to her patients. Like the difference of "ml" from "mg".
    ML (milliliters) use to measure liquid volume. e.g. 5ml = 1 tsp.
    MG (milligrams) use to measure weight. (1,000 of a gram)
    Very small amounts of medicine in a mixture.
    e.g. 10 mg of active ingredient in a pill.

Measurement and scales are just elementary to others. The hardest for me is Calculus

Although she's panic, it doesn't mean she can't understands measurement. And I didn't say she is poor in Math exactly. She's just panicking with numbers

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

The hardest for me is Calculus
    Calculus is just as easy as any other branch of mathematics if you understand the concept, Penny.
    People have asked me before for help with Maths and English but it has been impractical.
    However, soon I hope to have my 'Online Teaching Website' open.

I have also been sitting here reading some of the comments about maths. Very sensible thoughts - especially about how maths is taught.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Calculus is just as easy as any other branch of mathematics if you understand the concept, Penny.
    People have asked me before for help with Maths and English but it has been impractical.

I have also been sitting here reading some of the comments about maths. Very sensible thoughts - especially about how maths is taught.

Al.
    What is the use in using algebra and pythagorous thereom? I'm 37, I didn't need it yet..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    What is the use in using algebra and pythagorous thereom? I'm 37, I didn't need it yet..
    Hi Nigel. Glad to answer your questions.

Algebra can be used in most mathematical areas and there are literally thousands of jobs that use mathematics.

Pythagorus is used by such people as engineers, pilots and navigators, to name but a few.

More power to your hypoteneuse!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Respected Member

Algebra can be used in most mathematical areas and there are literally thousands of jobs that use mathematics.

Pythagorus is used by such people as engineers, pilots and navigators, to name but a few.

Al.
    here comes the prof
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Sorry the correct answer is 3,12 and 2... You have interchanged the numbers
    Did u say it must be in order? Anyway it's alright. I accept if answer is wrong for you. Just strange you said correct and now wrong ehehe what made u carefully check?

Just tell your Mom about her wrong belief about Math panic/ math anxiety. That will really help us. My sis, who is a teacher for 25 yrs always tell me that not because we have phobia in Math, English, Science and other subject means you are poor in that subject. That's also the views of math experts.

Al.

Sir,
    Calculus is confusing because of numbers and unknown symbols that makes me panic.

I will enrol to your website I also wish to refresh my Spanish course. Yo hablo un poco. Por favor seρor y muchos gracias

Thanks for your comment!

Banned
    Did u say it must be in order? Anyway it's alright. I accept if answer is wrong for you. Just strange you said correct and now wrong ehehe what made u carefully check?

Just tell your Mom about her wrong belief about Math panic/ math anxiety. That will really help us. My sis, who is a teacher for 25 yrs always tell me that not because we have phobia in Math, English, Science and other subject means you are poor in that subject. That's also the views of math experts.
    As far as I can remember teacher from Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary, and Intermediate they always emphasize that in Math specially in solving problems the answer must be in ORDER and it's proper place. It's not in scramble order. So, I think there is one simple RULE in Math all the answers it MUST be in order all the time. Because if not, your answer will be wrong. Formula is a formula, and you can never scramble your answer or else everything is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Prof Alan had answered this... Now where's your answer to my post number 30?
    you must be good in Math!

Al.
    good answer Prof. Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    LOL, tell me about it being in accounting myself as well, i'm too dependent on calculators, lol oh well
    Yeah i remember during my Accounting subjects we're so dependent on calculators. Other subjects like quantitative math and Stats and during our high school days, subjects like , trigo..huh!.... I'm not that good really

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    As far as I can remember teacher from Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary, and Intermediate they always emphasize that in Math specially in solving problems the answer must be in ORDER and it's proper place. It's not in scramble order. So, I think there is one simple RULES in Math all the answers it MUST be in order all the time. Because if not, your answer will be wrong. Formula is a formula, and you can never scramble your answer or else everything is wrong.
    Thanks for your reply Ma'm Charlwill....I definitely agree...
    Not scramble as in "chopsuey and halo-halo"also used in tagalog expressions...
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Thanks for your reply Ma'm Charlwill....I definitely agree...
    Not scramble as in "chopsuey and halo-halo"also used in tagalog expressions...
    Hmmm sounds food again and cooking Hoping your math subject will not turn into Home Economics. Is that the right terms?

Awwww panicking in Math!... I remember my mum said whenever she was given problems to solve in Math or anything that has to do with numbers she was so excited and so happy to give the answers, she never panics. She said once a person panics or is frightened by those problem solving or whatever abt Math then he/she is not that good in Math bec if he/she is good she will never panic!
    not that good in tagalog means hinde gaano magaling....I used the word panic bec she never did because she was a professional Mathematician. Perhaps some panics bec they are still learning (STUDENTS). How will an author of a Math book panics? If our professor/tutor/teacher in Math panics then what will happen? Pls enlighten me on this....

Just tell your Mom about her wrong belief about Math panic/ math anxiety.
    Even if your Math teacher won't tell you that answers should be in order it must be. SHOULD BE IN ORDER ALL THE TIME. You should know that as you got 95 in Math. I am not that good...
    So i made "double checking" on your answers.... and noticed it was interchanged...

Banned
    Very impressive!!!

Looking forward to your answers to this latest quiz.

Thank you.
    Mr P&P
    Wow I had only one reply and got three replies from you

Pag di po ako pinag-iinitan ng teacher babalik po ako sa eskuwela

To Penny,

I'm impressed you got 95 in your Math subject!.... looking forward to your answers to the upcoming Math problem solving.

Cheers!
    Hmmm Am I a teacher's pet here? I don't want to comeback to school Mam, I don't really like my classmates

not that good in tagalog means hinde gaano magaling....I used the word panic bec she never did because she was a professional Mathematician. Perhaps some panics bec they are still learning (STUDENTS). How will an author of a Math book panics? If our professor/tutor/teacher in Math panics then what will happen? Pls enlighten me on this....

Even if your Math teacher won't tell you that answers should be in order it must be. SHOULD BE IN ORDER ALL THE TIME. You should know that as you got 95 in Math. I am not that good...
    So i made "double checking" on your answers.... and noticed it was interchanged...

Had already explained about panics in my past post to your thread.

Banned
    Hmmm Am I a teacher's pet here? I don't want to comeback to school Mam, I don't really like my classmates.

Pag di po ako pinag-iinitan ng teacher babalik po ako sa eskuwela.

Wow I had only one reply and got three replies from you

Pag di po ako pinag-iinitan ng teacher babalik po ako sa eskuwela

Hmmm Am I a teacher's pet here? I don't want to comeback to school Mam, I don't really like my classmates

Had already explained about panics in my past post to your thread.

So much of diverting the topic Ms Penny. I'm looking forward to your answer to post # 30. You're really good in Math, no doubt about it you got 95!!!....

Cheers!

Thread Information