Thread: Do Filipinas have a sense of humour?

Do Filipinas have a sense of humour?

Forget all my other puzzles. I am now offering a prize of £1m for anyone who can tell me how to get a Filipino wife to understand my English sense of humour.

Reckon that's a pretty safe bet.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Brit humour is misunderstood throughout the world.
    Irony and sarcasm need a developed understanding of the subject. Makes it tricky.
    Ive noticed that Filipinas often find it necessary to TELL people when they're joking (i.e. joke lang). Which just doesnt really work with Brit humour. If its not funny enough for people to KNOW its a joke, its not funny even when youre TOLD its a joke.

Good luck. It ain't gonna be easy - lol.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    time give her time been here 17 yrs and now british humour i actually get, i dont get american humour anymore
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

I think Filipina's have a cracking sense of humour, some of the jokes I've heard were VERY funny!

I think Filipino's worry they might be offending somebody, this is why they tell you it's a joke I think..

It seems to me that Filipinos like the incongruous jokes the best...

Like this one:

A man walks into a hotel reception...he is shocked by a notice on the wall and says to the receptionist "That's strange! It says 'Be In Bed Before I am'.....Why should I be in bed before you are!?"

Receptionist says "Excuse me sir, it says 'Be In Bed Before 1 .a.m." (One a.m.)

I'm so fond of jokes I'm starting to note which "type" of joke people like!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    Forget all my other puzzles. I am now offering a prize of £1m for anyone who can tell me how to get a Filipino wife to understand my English sense of humour.

your money is safe

Stick your tongue between the wifes legs (your own wife ) .....she'll then giggle at anything you tell her.....

Do you need my account number for the transfer?
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Stick your tongue between the wifes legs (your own wife ) .....she'll then giggle at anything you tell her.....

can he not do it with other's wife Boss?

Simple.... deliver you joke with a facial expression such as & before you know it she will
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

i watched BORAT for the first time with my wife and she thought it was real and when i told her its all an act she still didnt get it,until he put his poo in a bag and asked the host where do i put it? thats when she realised that its all a joke!

there are many times i would say a mother inlaw joke and she would get pikon at me,there are many times she gets most of what i say.

if i say some darker humour it will be lost on her but you will be surprised how quickly she will pick it up!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

...watch father ted!..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

u made me laugh boss
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    That's easy, how about giving your wife the £1m instead, and she will understand and tolerate all your english sense of humor and everything else

I used to be so sensitive at my hubby's english sense of humor and it gets on my nerves a couple of times in the past....
    And everytime i get "pikon", it comes with a price so to speak, lol.....He has to make it up to me at any cost and in any way possible, lol

But now i think i'm getting a hand on it and getting so used to it that i even know how to throw the joke back to him lol,
    so everytime he jokes, i make sure it backfires on him, lol and i would laugh so hard, this are the times i get him to be pikon, thus tables are turned
    But i still get pikon once in a while and still trying to keep up with the british sense of humor, but i feel i've gone a long way from how worst pikon i get in the past, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

This is quite surprising. My Filipina girlfriend has got a brilliant sense of humour. She's very very witty and picks up on just about everything humorous/sarcastic/ironical I say. Needless to say she loves double entrendre as well.
    She also has her girlfriends in stitches all the time.
    I suppose she must be a natural comedian and it easily transfers to English.

:animal-smiley-034:

Banned
    I would like to believe that I have a great sense of humor... as much as I would like to believe that I am drop-dead gorgeous!

Walang kokontra... post ko to! LOL (I can't seem to translate this to English.. so sorry)

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    I would like to believe that I have a great sense of humor... as much as I would like to believe that I am drop-dead gorgeous!

Walang kokontra... post ko to! LOL (I can't seem to translate this to English.. so sorry)
    no objection your honor
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    u made me laugh boss
    Oo, Er, Mrs
    JOHN and VANESSA

Pinays have a sense of humour thats difficult to define,mainly its through comedians like Alan k's slapstick style"Sari-saring Amoy ng Lalaking Pinoy" (He is at the Barrio Fiesta next weekend so I hear?)if you ask a pinoy "why did the chicken cross the road?",then tell him "it was to get to the other side" he will laugh If you ask him "why did the chicken cross the road?",then tell him it was "because it was stuck to the pervert" you will have to explain from A-Z

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Hey they married Brits, they must have a sense of humour!
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    if you ask a pinoy "why did the chicken cross the road?",then tell him "it was to get to the other side" he will laugh If you ask him "why did the chicken cross the road?",then tell him it was "because it was stuck to the pervert" you will have to explain from A-Z
    LOL and i thought the answer to the question "why did the chicken cross the road" is because it wants to get run over
    Now if it's stucked to the pervert, then they both get run over at once pervert gone, lol

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    I think Filipina's have a cracking sense of humour, some of the jokes I've heard were VERY funny!

I think Filipino's worry they might be offending somebody, this is why they tell you it's a joke I think..

It seems to me that Filipinos like the incongruous jokes the best...

Like this one:

A man walks into a hotel reception...he is shocked by a notice on the wall and says to the receptionist "That's strange! It says 'Be In Bed Before I am'.....Why should I be in bed before you are!?"

Receptionist says "Excuse me sir, it says 'Be In Bed Before 1 .a.m." (One a.m.)

I'm so fond of jokes I'm starting to note which "type" of joke people like!

??I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    ??I dont get it.

"Be in bed before 1 a.m." (one a.m..time) is being misread by the man as "Be in bed before I am.."

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post

Your damn right there Nigel, Sometimes they took it seriously

Thread Information