Hi peeps,

Happy Sunday! If you are sitting there wondering why the England team is STILL being taught a lesson by a substandard Australian side, take heart in this.

I know that a lot of you visit the Queen City and I thought you might like to know a couple of places that Hanna and I have found to be more than acceptable in the culinary sense of the word.

CASA VERDE - near the Diplomat Hotel, Fuente. Excellent steaks and ribs, large portions and REAL chips!!! Prices very cheap! score 8/10.

CHING PALACE - Salinas Drive, near JY Square. Excellent Chinese restaurant. Presentation and service are on a par with high class restaurants. Beautful Chinese food at a reasonable price. Hanna and I can eat there for about P700.
Nice touches are: Real cloth napkins - free pot of tea and bowl of pistachios upon arrival.

GOLDEN COURIE - Also Salinas Drive. Filipino restaurant serving 'higher class' dishes. Great food on offer and very reasonably priced. WARNING!! This restaurant is VERY popular, so if you are there after 6 p.m. expect to queue for a table. Not sure if phone bookings are possible.

Perhaps other Cebuanos and pseudo-Cebuanos can add to this list.

Bon appetit!

Al.