Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plain Housewife or a Working Wife

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    100%
    I'm at work LadyJ and all I do is stay on the forum. Pls. don't tell the Boss though.
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jam07 View Post
    Just want to know the stand of the married couples (and singles) here.

Ladies, do you prefer to be a plain housewife or do you want to have a professional career as well? Guys, do you want your wife to stay at home and take care of the kids (and you ) or do you want her to have a career as well?
    My husband don't mind whether i work or stay as a full time housewife, the decision is entirely up to me, which ever i prefer more...
    For now, i'm a plain housewife and he loves it lol, but i plan to work and get a job eventually or probably sooner....

Yeah it's nice to take care of the house and look after my husband full time,
    but i also miss earning on my own and i miss the financial independence i used to have back home.....

So yes, i would love to take on the role of a good wife and a working girl at thesame time,
    although i know it's not easy to juggle both, but i guess time management is the key to achieve that, everything in proper balance....

We'll see how it goes once i started working already, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meandwifey View Post
    sounds like your fate is set ..... you will be HOUSEBOUND for eternity
    LOL, that's a scary thought.....and would drive anyone insane, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    So yes, i would love to take on the role of a good wife and a working girl at thesame time,
    although i know it's not easy to juggle both, but i guess time management is the key to achieve that, everything in proper balance....

It's hard work Sophie trying to juggle everything at once but I am sure you can do it and you're definitely right about 'time management', it surely is the key.

The world is your oyster. Everything is possible if you put your heart to whatever it is you want to achieve in life. Good luck!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    bit of luck i might be housebond to

the misses can earn alot more than me
    LOL, why not? It doesn't hurt to turn the tables around for a change, lol

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    When you're not working, you wish that you are working and
    when you're working, you keep wishing you're not working

I don't know anymore
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    LOL, why not? It doesn't hurt to turn the tables around for a change, lol
    oh shes always worn the trousers in the house,, we and me dog know our place.. under the table

she will have to show me how to use the microwave thou, i'm waiting for her to come back from the school play, so she can warm me tea up

Respected Member
    It's hard work Sophie trying to juggle everything at once but I am sure you can do it and you're definitely right about 'time management', it surely is the key.

The world is your oyster. Everything is possible if you put your heart to whatever it is you want to achieve in life. Good luck!
    Yeah, i totally agree with you gracia

Respected Member
    oh shes always worn the trousers in the house,, we and me dog know our place.. under the table

she will have to show me how to use the microwave thou, i'm waiting for her to come back from the school play, so she can warm me tea up
    LOL, so much for the "houseband" huh

Banned
    I used to make money since I have finished my course in Pinas.

I want to have my own money and my own financial independence which my hubby approved!

I am very very very shy to ask money to anybody BUT if my hubby is rich and will give me at least 2000£ / month for my shopping money, I will stay at home

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I am very very very shy to ask money to anybody BUT if my hubby is rich and will give me at least 2000£ / month for my shopping money, I will stay at home
    i hope he can read this
    love it penny!

as for me i wanted to be a plain housewife and take care of the kids and my husband but as not to be financially independent to him, i am contemplating on getting a job where you can 'work at home'

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I used to make money since I have finished my course in Pinas.

I want to have my own money and my own financial independence which my hubby approved!

totally agree with you sis!

If my husband is rich i would love to stay home and take care of my family.. but since he's not. I would want to find a job after couple of years when our little one is attending to school.

I want to have my own money so i can buy things for them like when it's my hubby's bday or when it's our anniversary, xmas, etc. and so with our kids too. It's hard when there are occassions like this and then you buy gifts for your hubby where the money came from him as well, d bah?

as for me i wanted to be a plain housewife and take care of the kids and my husband but as not to be financially independent to him, i am contemplating on getting a job where you can 'work at home'
    Working from home is ideal if you have kids. I have two young kids of my own, and kids grow really fast and somehow I feel that I am missing out something because I am working full time and my job is a bit demanding. I am well paid, but I sometimes ask if it's worth it?

It is true that most stay at home wives are wishing to go to work, and the working ones (like me) wonder how it would be to stay at home. C'est la vie. It is very seldom, (if not at all) that we wish for something we already have. Different people, different circumstances.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    It is true that most stay at home wives are wishing to go to work, and the working ones (like me) wonder how it would be to stay at home. C'est la vie. It is very seldom, (if not at all) that we wish for something we already have
    LOL, funny but true It's amazing how human mind works

When you're not working, you wish that you are working and
    when you're working, you keep wishing you're not working

I don't know anymore
    very true
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Just want to know the stand of the married couples (and singles) here.

Ladies, do you prefer to be a plain housewife or do you want to have a professional career as well? Guys, do you want your wife to stay at home and take care of the kids (and you ) or do you want her to have a career as well?
    Both
    Balance is the key word
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Post Mothers/Wives...

I am on maternity leave for about three months now. I never thought that I will survive just being at home and be bored as I love working, a lot! It never occured in my mind that I will become a housewife and it will be my job description... But things changed, I am so loving minding our son and being a "wife" to my dear husband.

As with working, every now and then, I pop-in the office and update the accounts. My working time is flexible, I can report as I wish, which is really good!!!

I'd like you to read this as it's quite interesting:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/02/mot...rth/index.html

"The typical mother puts in a 92-hour work week, the company concluded, and works at least 10 jobs. In order of hours spent on them per week, these are:
    housekeeper,
    day-care center teacher,
    cook,
    computer operator,
    laundry machine operator,
    janitor,
    facilities manager,
    van driver,
    chief executive officer and
    psychologist.

By figuring out the median salaries for each position, and calculating the average number of hours worked at each, the firm came up with $138,095"...

hehehe... so for those who feel bad, then think again, you are doing the best job in the world!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    I am on maternity leave for about three months now. I never thought that I will survive just being at home and be bored as I love working, a lot! It never occured in my mind that I will become a housewife and it will be my job description... But things changed, I am so loving minding our son and being a "wife" to my dear husband.

As with working, every now and then, I pop-in the office and update the accounts. My working time is flexible, I can report as I wish, which is really good!!!

I'd like you to read this as it's quite interesting:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/02/mot...rth/index.html

"The typical mother puts in a 92-hour work week, the company concluded, and works at least 10 jobs. In order of hours spent on them per week, these are:
    housekeeper,
    day-care center teacher,
    cook,
    computer operator,
    laundry machine operator,
    janitor,
    facilities manager,
    van driver,
    chief executive officer and
    psychologist.

By figuring out the median salaries for each position, and calculating the average number of hours worked at each, the firm came up with $138,095"...

hehehe... so for those who feel bad, then think again, you are doing the best job in the world!!
    Lucky for you manay
    I work fulltime before i took my first maternity leave. When it times to go back to work just partime which is flexible for me and my husband. So i can work when he is off and vise versa. You can ask your employer about it which i did

Looking after the kids is unbelievable..the joy everything though its really tough but its worth at the end of the day when you come to think of it.
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    you listen to your husband

my misses doesn't listen to anything i say

but she does what she wants, works part time, studying, cooking, cleaning, looking after the kids and sleeping
    i have to listen if i dont bad things will happen to me
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned

Talking

my wife told me what her duties are as a wife cook .clean %uck ,%uck and swallow
    I NOT GOING TO ARGUE

its up to the couple some want to work to help the family back home as long as hubby here is happy with that then everything is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    my wife told me what her duties are as a wife cook .clean %uck ,%uck and swallow
    I NOT GOING TO ARGUE
    so you married a gal from the Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    I NOT GOING TO ARGUE

its up to the couple some want to work to help the family back home as long as hubby here is happy with that then everything is sweet
    ornithologist with all the ducks and swallows
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

I'm now working as my husband and I don't have a baby yet,but I'd love to stay at home once I got pregnant. I have to help my husband pay our bills and also have to send money back home. My hubby and I agreed before we got married that if I want to help my family, I really have to work... I have always been independent, and I'd like to stay that way. I like earning and spending my own money. Working just gives u that feeling of independence and security, that no matter what happens in your marriage, you can still stand on your own...

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRES25 View Post
    I'm now working as my husband and I don't have a baby yet,but I'd love to stay at home once I got pregnant. I have to help my husband pay our bills and also have to send money back home. My hubby and I agreed before we got married that if I want to help my family, I really have to work... I have always been independent, and I'd like to stay that way. I like earning and spending my own money. Working just gives u that feeling of independence and security, that no matter what happens in your marriage, you can still stand on your own...
    Well done D! It's good to be helping our husbands when it comes to money matters...

Hope you are enjoying your work! Take care

Banned
    i hope he can read this
    love it penny!
    Hubby is generous but cannot afford to give me that amount He has initiative and I'm over the moon if I was asked if I have money. But I'm satisfied as he paid the bills

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post

If my husband is rich i would love to stay home and take care of my family.. but since he's not. I would want to find a job after couple of years when our little one is attending to school.

I want to have my own money so i can buy things for them like when it's my hubby's bday or when it's our anniversary, xmas, etc. and so with our kids too. It's hard when there are occassions like this and then you buy gifts for your hubby where the money came from him as well, d bah?

I met lot of filipina wives in Europe already. They all want to have their own money. We can buy cards during occassions if we have job, we can buy them more than they expect Happy to give and better to give

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Ironing, cooking, cleaning the house, etc. that's sweet of you
    Hi LadyJ,

Nice to see we are appreciated!

The stereotype of a man who cannot do these things or equally the one of the helpless woman who cannot put a shelf up has gone these days in my opinion.
    There are some women who are very capable at practical things, and there are some men who can "iron, cook and clean the house".

When my wife sees me wash the dishes sometimes, she says "are you a woman, dear", but she is the first one to tell her Filipina friends that I do a lot of cooking for her.

However, I think it is rather nice to see my wife cook for me, maybe it is something that harkens back to our ancestors and what we perceive.
    It seems that the boundaries of male/female roles have blurred over the last 50 years as people live increasingly single lives.

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post

there is nothing wrong with buying hubby presents with his own money my husband laughs about it, i told him i bought u a i thought of you gift using our joint card
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRES25 View Post
    tho i am not working i have i'm independent and secured and when something happens to our marriage i have that covered too he gives me cash each month and i have set aside money just in case i kinda have fun staying at home where i can be here when my son gets home or tag along on sports day, and just generally do the mumzy thing... if i am at work i wont be able to give matt my full attention

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    there is nothing wrong with buying hubby presents with his own money my husband laughs about it, i told him i bought u a i thought of you gift using our joint card
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    tho i am not working i have i'm independent and secured and when something happens to our marriage i have that covered too he gives me cash each month and i have set aside money just in case i kinda have fun staying at home where i can be here when my son gets home or tag along on sports day, and just generally do the mumzy thing... if i am at work i wont be able to give matt my full attention

Not busy playing the t....i... (guess what is that)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information