Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbee

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    welcome i think you have quite a wait i you are waiting for your decree abs and she is waiting for annulment untill those two are sorted i think you are
    oops sorry now i have seen a forum member said that she is waiting for her annulment. my apologies
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post
    Hi everyone

I am a British guy who has fallen for a Filipino girl, but she is stuck in the Philippines. We have been chatting over the internet since January and I am going over in November to meet her for the first time. If everything works out then I am hoping that she can come to the UK both to be with me and to work as a carer.

She is current finishing her course there in CDO in international studies, she has already completed her 6 month caregivers course and is doing voluntary work in caring to build up her experience and get her transfer of records?

The trouble is that neither of us have much spare money and I want to find the best and cheapest way to bring her to the UK. I am helping her to pay for her course at the moment.

I really did not want her to have to commit to me until she was in England in case she found that she did not like it here. Because of my job I cannot move to the Philippines, but it looks like that the only way with the strict rules here is for us to marry or her to come on fiancée visa. It seems sad that she will not be given the freedom to find out about life here before she commits to a long term relationship.

Anyway, I am hoping that perhaps with the help of the lovely people on this site I might find a way to get around these problems.

Thanks for listening.
    Good Afternoon & Welcome!

Applying for a Tourist/Visitor's Visa is, undoubtedly, the fastest, cheapest and most logical means by which a foreign national can enter the United Kingdom. And - on the surface, at least - common sense suggests that this would seem to be a feasible option ... especially when an applicant is totally unfamiliar with the culture here.

But, whilst the holder of a British passport is permitted to roam [more or less] freely around the globe, the "privilege" does not extend to citizens of other countries ... the Philippines being one such example ... due to stringent immigration controls imposed by successive [UK] governments in recent decades. In certain respects - e.g., the sheer size of the ever-growing population proportionate to the relatively small landmass already occupied - a policy of this nature can be seen as justified, however. Besides, other much larger nations like the Australasian Continent and the USA have even more strict regimes in place.

So, to cut a long story short, the chances of obtaining a short-term visa (valid for up to six months) are, at best, extremely slim ... if not non-existent, and you'd be well-advised to proceed with your planned trip to the Phils in November, spend as much time as possible with your girlfriend and, if the relationship lives up to expectations for EACH of you (which hopefully it will) seriously consider applying for either a Fiancee or Spousal Visa.

Two other IMPORTANT points you should also bear in mind: If you and your girlfriend are fortunate enough to be able to spend as much quality time in one another's company as possible during your forthcoming visit to her homeland, then please be sure to have lots of photographs taken together.

These, along with copies of ALL correspondence between the pair of you, will go a long way towards convincing the Entry Clearance Officers at the British Embassy that your relationship is genuine.

Good Luck to both of you

Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post
    HI Trader Dave, Yes that is why I was looking at other options like a student visa to get her here first. I know it is not going to be easy to get a Fiancée visa until we are both clear to marry.

LV

best of luck with that idea as well

i applied 3 times yes 3 times for a visitors visa for my then fiancee the consol told us we ARE JUST WASTING OUR MONEY

it is very hard i am afraid

Banned
    Hi LastViking,

As others have pointed out, it will be difficult for you but there is a chance that you will fall head over heels with your lady and you will have to make decisions after meeting her.
    It is an expensive business, yes, but the expense is nothing compared to the love that she will send your way if things work out.

Just be prepared to spend a lot of money and visit her a few times as you go down the fiancee or marriage route.
    Remember to keep all copies of letters, emails, flight stubs and hotel bills as soon as possible as these will be required for your visa later.

See how you feel about her when you are there and bring back a Filipino sim card with roaming activated before you leave the Phils, as this will enable her to text you very cheaply whilst she is waiting back there.

One day you could be with her in the UK and you will not regret your forward planning.

Meeting her will make your decisions easier !!!!!

Best of luck.

Thanks Aposhark for the advice.

LV

Hi Aphrodite78

Actually your post was very relevant. She did not know what she needed to do and has had mixed advice from her friends about the CENMAR, so your comment is very relevant.

What did you need to do to prove that the marriage was over. My girl friend is still on good terms with her ex husband at the moment, so I understand he is happy to help if necessary. Is it an expensive process to get the annulment and how do we go about it?

Sorry, a lot of questions that may well have been answered elsewhere. If so can you just give me a pointer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

LV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information