Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: windows 7 discounted

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    you heard wrong
    cough http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2576570076F3ED
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Windows XP was affected by the most vulnerabilities of all: 24 out of 34, or 71 percent of the total. Of the two-dozen bugs that needed patching in Windows XP, 18 were tagged as critical, or 86 percent of the total critical count.

The tallies indicated that, at least this month, Windows 7 was afflicted with about half as many vulnerabilities as was Vista, and about a third as many as was Windows XP. Its critical bug count followed the same pattern.

all o/s need updating especially new 1s,the discs sent out are already "old" since the final w7 code was finished ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    Windows XP was affected by the most vulnerabilities of all: 24 out of 34, or 71 percent of the total. Of the two-dozen bugs that needed patching in Windows XP, 18 were tagged as critical, or 86 percent of the total critical count.

The tallies indicated that, at least this month, Windows 7 was afflicted with about half as many vulnerabilities as was Vista, and about a third as many as was Windows XP. Its critical bug count followed the same pattern.

all o/s need updating especially new 1s,the discs sent out are already "old" since the final w7 code was finished ages ago.

Indeed we need to wait and see what holes the white and black hats find.

Strangely they seem to wait until general release to mention them i guess for the geek fame

Asking the departments testing Win 7 both for internal use and external use ie support for our customers there are a few bugs and BSOD have been seen with some set ups and combos. But as we know an improvment on previous versions.

One area I notice causing alsorts of issues is the xp mode which has had mixed reviews so can see that needing tweaking.

Another issue was our tech support are reporting IT departments at our customers are having some issues with video drivers on some older machines but I think MS tried to push the it will work on nearly any device to far

I know one well known organsation funnily enough based near to the Phill embassy in London is upgrading to Win 7 as they foolishly updated to Vista and donated all their XP keys to a new department

Be intresting how they get on. Business users are very different beasts to home users due to their well its not me who has to sort out the device
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

my loving husband bought me a new laptop...its window 7 and i find it so easy and so nice
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    my loving husband bought me a new laptop...its window 7 and i find it so easy and so nice
    glad to hear it.i sold all my copies in a few days and so mine cost me nothing It's a very good o/s better than xp and vista.

I don't actually notice that much difference between Vista & 7, same engine running it, just a few odd changes to the interface and memory management. Only really useful for those with a lower spec machine that wouldn't run Vista.
    Keith - Administrator

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information