Thread: Registering with NHS

Respected Member

Registering with NHS

Jessica has been here since April and it was suggested to her that she register with the NHS. We have just returned from my GP Surgery and were told that to register she has to have proof of PERMANENT RESIDENCY in the uk, which, of course, will only happen in more than two years time once we finaly apply for ILRM.

I read somewhere that ALL Filipino Nationals on Fiance' visas were entitled to NHS Support so, does anybody know what to do ?

Thanks

Of course, if she is sick within the next two years, what do we do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Belmontboy View Post
    Jessica has been here since April and it was suggested to her that she register with the NHS. We have just returned from my GP Surgery and were told that to register she has to have proof of PERMANENT RESIDENCY in the uk, which, of course, will only happen in more than two years time once we finaly apply for ILRM.

I read somewhere that ALL Filipino Nationals on Fiance' visas were entitled to NHS Support so, does anybody know what to do ?

Thanks

Hi Belmontboy,

I don't think that is right. I was registered as soon as I arrived in the UK, and there seem to be no problem. I have been receiving regular appointments set by our local clinic thereafter (that's for ob gyne check up). Our nanny (also a Filipina) was registered just the same, no probs.

I suggest that you phone them again and clarify. We don't wish for Jessica to get ill, but yes, what if?

I was also registered to our local clinic as soon as I arrived in UK but its only temporary since I hold a fiancee visa that time but at least I was able to visit a GP for free so I don't need to pay everytime I see a GP.

My husband (fiance that time) joined me when I was interviewed by someone at the GP surgery, he helped me to explain everything.

Hi Belmonthboy,

Based on my experience, they will ask proof of identity and address, so i supplied them with photo copies of my passport and any letter bearing my name and address. So far i just heard such problem so better go back and ask again a registration form, or find another clinic.
    ----------------------------------------------
    "FAILURE IS NOT DEFEAT UNLESS U STOP TRYING"

I agree with the members! Your wife should have no problem registering to your local clinic. They should not refused your wife to register with them even she's not entitled to free check-ups etc. If I were you, find another nearest surgery or contact the NHS and HomeOffice and tell them what happened.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

also don't forget if your a uk resident and are going to a European country for a holiday apply for a EHIC card first

http://www.ehic.uk.com/

I just go to the Health Care and register just bring the photocopy of ur passport and visa and she will be able to register.

Thanks

Google your local health trust or whatever they are called and ring them up they will be mor ein the know. Reception staff in doctors are not always up to speed on the rules.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    also don't forget if your a uk resident and are going to a European country for a holiday apply for a EHIC card first

http://www.ehic.uk.com/
    Is it FREE?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Google your local health trust or whatever they are called and ring them up they will be mor ein the know. Reception staff in doctors are not always up to speed on the rules.
    This is what I suggested to Mavid a couple of months ago, but the local PCT was no help.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....887#post138887

Quote Originally Posted by mavid View Post
    Is it FREE?
    Yes it is - you can do it through phone, postal application or EHIC website - it is the easiest and most convenient option in my wiev...
    Jiri & Maricel

my GP did't asked me any proof of ID when i registered
    all things are possible!

I got my Vimvie on the NHS almost right away...

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

that's the first i heard. some under visit visa can register and receive treatment, no wonder NHS is running low on resources .
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    that's the first i heard. some under visit visa can register and receive treatment, no wonder NHS is running low on resources .
    I don't think that you'll be able to get registered with GP on VISIT VISA, fiancee visa is a different matter...
    Jiri & Maricel

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    I don't think that you'll be able to get registered with GP on VISIT VISA, fiancee visa is a different matter...
    indeed!
    all things are possible!

hi,

it was feb 2003 when i was sent on a business/visit visa for training one of the trainee fell really ill. one of our co-trainee phoned a clinic in oldham, got her registered and i was gobsmacked that she was able to see a doctor and was even prescribed antibiotics for it. i'm not joking she even had a smear test done. i don't know what happened to her because she disappeared and did a runner after our 1 month training.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    indeed!
    i hope i didn't offened anyone i know it is illegal and i don't condone what she has done but i was just saying that because i have witnessed it.

hi,

it was feb 2003 when i was sent on a business/visit visa for training one of the trainee fell really ill. one of our co-trainee phoned a clinic in oldham, got her registered and i was gobsmacked that she was able to see a doctor and was even prescribed antibiotics for it. i'm not joking she even had a smear test done. i don't know what happened to her because she disappeared and did a runner after our 1 month training.
    Thats very unusual indeed - looks like Health Centres, surgeries etc. across the country are pretty inconsistent in their views about registration...
    Jiri & Maricel

i hope i didn't offened anyone i know it is illegal and i don't condone what she has done but i was just saying that because i have witnessed it.
    cheer! it might had misunderstanding
    all things are possible!

Yes you can do but when you go back to your country you have to notify them and then register again when you come back.

It says on the card:
    If you go abroad for more than 3 months Please send this card back to us. Our address is on the front. You will need to register with a doctor again when you come home.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member
    Thats TWO health centers that have rejected us now, New Park Medical Practice in Robertson Road, and Belleyoman Medical Center, both in Dunfermline.

Thats TWO health centers that have rejected us now, New Park Medical Practice in Robertson Road, and Belleyoman Medical Center, both in Dunfermline.
    You may want to check this link:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1087.aspx

Thread Information