Thread: Spouse visa to live in UK little bit different?

Respected Member

Spouse visa to live in UK little bit different?

Well may I start by introducing myself to this fantastic site!

I have been going through the threads for quite a few hours now but just cannot seem to find the same/similar circumstances to myself and my wifes.

We have been married for 8 months now (together for 2 years) I am 35 she is 25, we have a 7 month old son with UK passport and filipino passport, We own house and lot in Philippines and have around 50kUSD in bank in another country (not UK or PI) I have been living as resident in the Philippines since we got married, we are looking at relocating back to the Uk in the next couple of years, I am awaiting repayment from a loan I gave in UK to be able to buy a house back in the UK, I have no work pay slips as i develop land here in the PI and cannot show any work payslips etc, Also we are looking at buying a house on our return which is something we really need to do together, (my wife has not yet visited the UK) Could anyone advise our chances of being granted a spouse visa with a lump sum of cash in the bank enough to buy our house and proof (land title) of owning a house in the Philippines which we will rent as we may want to come back in future who knows? But the problem is could we apply with using my fathers house as a temporary address until we buy a place?
    Also should I look for an offer of work as I wont have any work on return to be able to show any type of income,

I am sorry if this has been covered but I could not find,,,
    If I am payed my money owed sooner maybe even this years end I would like to apply then for us to all go home together, Our son having a UK passport already could be a help I am sure?
    Please advise if you can
    God bless

Banned
    I don't see any difficulties in obtaining a spouse visa.
    The financial proof and your dad's offer of accomodation in writing should help a lot.
    Ideally I would suggest for you to return on your own at first, and secure a job.

The child already having British Citizenship is a plus.

Over to you......... Joe....

JOE..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

The oracle will be around soon and will probably give you a better insight on everything.

Take care and welcome aboard.

It sounds like your running your own business rather than looking for a job.
    Is it possible to set up a UK arm of the property development business?

I wouldnt have thought it would be a major issue either way as its a spouse Visa and you've established a pretty solid 'evidence of relationship' with your son (congrats btw ), as well as having a decent amount of money in the bank (as long as this is supported evidentially).

I'm assuming that you are a british national originally?

Respected Member
    Well thanks very much for the input! What a site, I am so glad I found it and thanks so very much for the swift replys! As for doing this business in the UK i cannot see it to be honest, I was lucky to made what i did here, timing really, I would be starting from scratch in the UK but would have funds in bank with proof. I only intend to stay at my dads place until we find (together hopefully) a house for our family. I really do not want to go back alone and leave them to establish a job unless it was absolutely necessary. I am worried that this is the part which may fail us?

I read that if we have been living together as man and wife for 4 years she can apply immediately for permanent stay, Anyone gone this route?
    We have to await the money owed before we can consider applying so it may be up to 3 years, but should it be repaid before hand I would apply tomorrow,

I really do not want to fail in the visa application and seeing as myself and son born here in PI (UK passport holder) will be returning surley they cannot refuse as we would not be a burden.
    I am british and was born in the UK (in answer to question above)

Thanks very much for your help here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alesypalsy View Post
    I am british and was born in the UK

Yes, that is the problem in the rule book of UKBA......

If you happen to be born in other countries in the EU, like me, you and family would have an easier ride....

Sorry to burst your bubble

I wish you all the best of luck

Respected Member
    It a crazy world, I noticed on the visa form for family visa? The uk was not on the list? How crazy is that but all other EU countries are including swiss nationals!

I look at the form and it seems quite daunting as I basically have no job or the wife, Along with staying with dad, Only cash and property abroad! I hope its enough when the time comes.
    Cheers again for your informative replys and posts here, it really is a great site!

Respected Member
    I am hoping Joe the oracle is going to post what he thinks, I got to goto bed, I am very pleased to have found this forum,
    cheers!

some of us still have jobs dom

if your married and both have lived together outside the uk for 4 years or more and your wife has passed the life in uk test when the visa is applied for, the visa should be granted as ILE (very similar to ILR) . But if not, a standard 27-month spouse visa will be issued, but endorsed "KOL REQ"

If the spouse visa is endorsed "KOL REQ", after arrival in the UK, your wife takes the test and passes, ILR can be applied for immediately, instead of needing to wait nearly 2 years.

but you can only take the test in the UK

Cant see what problems you would have you have somewhere to live, Does your Dad have one room for your family to live in? I think untill a certain age you only need one room, so better to do before your son is to much older if room is tight.

You sound like you have enough to tide you over is there anyone who can offer you a job on your return? Not that you need it but would be a huge plus point
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Cant see what problems you would have you have somewhere to live, Does your Dad have one room for your family to live in? I think untill a certain age you only need one room, so better to do before your son is to much older if room is tight.

You sound like you have enough to tide you over is there anyone who can offer you a job on your return? Not that you need it but would be a huge plus point
    Welcome to the forum. As others have already said, there's really no reason to deny a spousal visa to the wife of someone in your situation. Okay, admittedly it would be a plus point if you had prospects of finding a job in the UK. But I'm retired, and being no longer working didn't stop MY wife obtaining HER visa. And it was even granted within 5 weeks of her applying in January past ... something that surprised me, since we'd been led to believe that the process frequently takes anything up to 3 months ... and sometimes longer!

So, I honestly think you're "in with a shout" ... especially as you hold a dual passport on behalf of your infant son, and your financial capabilities appear sound.

Go for it ...

Respected Member
    Well thank you all very much for your positive replys,
    It has put my mind so much more at rest to be able to know we have a good chance of her getting the visa in our situation

I will stop by here on the forum and post if I can help with anything I know about that I read,

Thanks very much to the people in the know

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alesypalsy View Post
    Well thank you all very much for your positive replys,
    It has put my mind so much more at rest to be able to know we have a good chance of her getting the visa in our situation

I will stop by here on the forum and post if I can help with anything I know about that I read,

Thanks very much to the people in the know
    hello

can i ask the what are the paper work you passed to the embassy regarding getting passort of your son mine is 2 and 1 years of age ..all kids from my english husband..we are living also here on philippines sorting to go there and settle to UK hopefully soon

i know there are website that tell here for the exact paper work we need to submitt i jus want to get to diea from the real who done already get there kids english passort

thank you and more power

Welcome here Alesypalsy!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    hello

can i ask the what are the paper work you passed to the embassy regarding getting passort of your son mine is 2 and 1 years of age ..all kids from my english husband..we are living also here on philippines sorting to go there and settle to UK hopefully soon

i know there are website that tell here for the exact paper work we need to submitt i jus want to get to diea from the real who done already get there kids english passort

thank you and more power
    You certainly can ask away, As you are married it is quite simple and what you paper work you need is all available to obtain online when it comes to government documents,, ok I try my best without missing anything out if I can

Your husbands birth certificate from UK which you can apply online here if you not have, it takes 3 weeks to arrive. www.gro.gov.uk

Your NSO birth certificate and obviously your childrens NSO certs which again you can get here https://www.ecensus.com.ph

Certificate of Marriage along with pictures of your marriage, All Filipino certs can be got from the site above from the NSO and arrive very quickly by LBC to your door, I always ordered at least 3 of each one so I had spares would I need them.

Hospital (Dr's Records of your pregnancy) E.g all scans and receipts of any bills do do with having the baby. The medical book of your baby(s) e.g inoculation book and any thing else you have(better to give to much then to little)

Your hubbys passport with xerox along with your ID and xerox copys, They will keep your passport for around 10 days hubby. Give as many ID's as you can (wife) it will all be returned, My wife only had a postal ID as she was awaiting her passport application.
    here is info off the site

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
    (Please present ORIGINAL documents and photocopies of each document)

 Birth Certificate on NSO (National Statistics Office) Security paper
     Parents’ birth certificates
    British parent: submit full/long UK birth certificate or Birth Registration/Naturalisation certificate
    Philippine born parent: submit NSO birth certificate
     If applicable, parents’ marriage certificate – submit NSO marriage certificate if married in the Philippines and evidence of termination of any previous marriage (divorce decree nisi, annulment)
     Submit CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) for Philippine citizen parent if not married to the British parent of the applicant
     If parents are not married, mother’s written consent to the issuance of a passport to her child
     If applicable, father’s/mother’s death certificate
     Birth certificates of all other brothers and sisters (applicant’s siblings), if applicable
     Both parents’ passports from around the time of applicant’s birth
     Current or previous passports held by applicant including any passport s/he was included on and/or used to travel to the Philippines, if applicable

ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
    (Please present ORIGINAL documents and photocopies of each document)

 Mother’s antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes, scans and ultrasounds from hospital. If unable to obtain original records, please submit copies, which have been attested by the hospital.
     School records from Nursery to University, as applicable
     Local photo identity documents e.g. voter’s card , driving license, bank cards, etc
     Applicant’s life photographs (ideally not digitised photos), to include
    • Photographs as a baby with parents in the UK (if applicable)
    • Photographs on return to the country (where application is being made)
    • Photographs of applicant growing up in the UK/country where making the application; with parents and siblings
    • If married, wedding photos
     Parents’ UK documents (one year before and up to two years after applicant’s birth)
     Documents with regards to applicant’s change of name
    • Sworn affidavit, deed poll and newspaper cutting with regards to change of name (including adding or dropping names);
    • Marriage certificate and wedding photographs, if name change is through marriage

All these need to be original documents you hand in. You will get them back from the consulate. Please advise your location and I will be able to tell you if I know one near you, I am in Luzon.

It really was simple as long as you give enough info it is plain sailing, Pictures are also a good help. I will post this also as a separate thread if no bother to the modderator?
    Good luck and I would advise to get your kids the Filipino passport also as it makes for a much better future.
    All the best

Thread Information