Thread: proof of employment for spousal visa

proof of employment for spousal visa

hi all. ive been on the forum for some time now but my circumstances have changed and i need a little clarification on one point.first just a little background information about myself. i spent two years unemployed as i was looking after my late wife full time then as a single parent. i married a lovely filipina just before last xmas and tried to get back into work just as things went belly up with the economy. i managed to get a job in april only twelve hours a week plus four hours for a private client giving me sixteen in total which is now considered full time. i get tax credits(work and child ) plus housing benefit, im better off financially than when i was working full time on shifts.i have also managed to put £3000 in a savings account. i was hoping for us to apply soon for a spousal visa but i need clarification on one point first so i dont waste the extortianate visa fee,as i was unemployed for so long is it absolutely essential that i have a six month continous work record before applying?

I havent any idea to be honest mate,never been down that road,but I am glad everythings working out for you Be lucky

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

hi whiteraven,

lie tawi have said it is very good to know that everything is ok now. About ur question, as far as I know since ur wife is going to apply for a spouse visa it is more easier than a fiancee visa. Have u had proofs of ur recent job?i.e. payslips or something like that just to prove that u can really support ur wife during her stay here.

Best of luck to u and ur wife,,

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    hi all. ive been on the forum for some time now but my circumstances have changed and i need a little clarification on one point.first just a little background information about myself. i spent two years unemployed as i was looking after my late wife full time then as a single parent. i married a lovely filipina just before last xmas and tried to get back into work just as things went belly up with the economy. i managed to get a job in april only twelve hours a week plus four hours for a private client giving me sixteen in total which is now considered full time. i get tax credits(work and child ) plus housing benefit, im better off financially than when i was working full time on shifts.i have also managed to put £3000 in a savings account. i was hoping for us to apply soon for a spousal visa but i need clarification on one point first so i dont waste the extortianate visa fee,as i was unemployed for so long is it absolutely essential that i have a six month continous work record before applying?
    Hi Whiteraven,

This link may give you a few information that may help you answer your questions:

http://www.lawfirmuk.net/english/spouse.htm

I have a friend from London. He's here on a student visa. Just a few months ago, he managed to bring his family (wife and kids) to the UK as well, considering that he's only a student. I am not well oriented with the strict rules, but considering you're a UK national. hopefully you find a way to bring her in. Wishing you the best.

thanks all, ive done my best to get all the evidence and documentation i need its just the continous six month work record im worried about as that would delay my application for another six weeks and it already seems like a lifetime since i last saw my wife last december just have to have more patience i suppose.

Thread Information