Quote Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
Therein lays a conumdrum.... knowing about the Champions league and perhaps more famous thanthat... Man U, does not mean the understand football. .
I picked one example, I wasn't going to list them all

They have their own leagues with more employed players than we do in the UK. A lot of US players are in EU teams, and vice versa.

ESPN has just paid a fortune for the Prem League so they can show it live in the USA. A company like Disney would not do that if they didn't already know they'd make good money on it.

If the money wasn't in the game Chelsea would not be over there now.

The official US soccer web site gets at least 2X more hits than our FA one, an the former count is growing while ours is dropping.

The big names in the US constantly get 60,000 per match, more than the UK average.

The English and Spanish-language telecasts of the FIFA World Cup Final combined to attract an estimated 16.9 million American viewers, comparable to the average viewership of the World Series of Major League Baseball, so it is not really a minority sport anymore either. I bet Sky would love 16.9 million per Prem match, but they get nowhere near that.

The US televise a lot of women's football as well, in the UK harldy any, even English cricket is ahead of footy on that one.

I wonder how many Yanks you have actually spoken with about the subject of soccer, not even close to those I have I guarantee you. I actually know more English folk who know less about footy than I do Yanks.

Official Top 10 Supported teams in the World (Millions):
1) Flamengo (Brazil) - 28.299.981
2) Corinthians (Brazil) - 24.526.651
3) America (Mexico) - 18.355.494
4) Chivas (Mexico) - 17.372.164
5) Sao Paulo (Brazil) - 15.093.324
6) Boca Juniors (Argentina) - 14.657.394
7) Palmeiras (Brazil) - 13.206.658
8) River Plate (Argentina) - 11.827.501
9) Juventus (Italy) - 11.040.000
10) Olympique (France) - 10.144.000

Where are the English teams?