Hmmn! We're in the Hilton Hotel at Canada Wharf and I've just taken Pia's temperature - it's 37.9 C. Higher than normal but at least it's down from the 39.2 C it was a couple of hours ago. It seems that Pia got ill during the journey down here - 5 hours including the stop middway. its almost midnight and i'm recently back from the 2 hour walk I took Marikit on around the docks so that she would stop screaming (teething) and Pia could get some much needed rest. I've got to try to prepare for the next 2 days presentations now.

I deally, given my need to do some work, I'd have come down alone but have not done so for several reasons. Of course I miss them but the main reason is that I don't feel comfortable leaving Pia and Marikit alone in Leeds where they dont really have the support systems needed while I'm away. Especially with Pia being alone with Marikit since she has been a very demanding baby thus far.

Do any of you live very far away from family and close friends and how do you ensure that your chesrished one is not loney and stressed, especially with a young baby?