Thread: FLR issue date and expiry date

FLR issue date and expiry date

Hello there i have a question for those who have/have had FLR visa. Is the issue date of your FLR the same as its expiration date? and how did you apply by post or in person?

I would really appreciate your reply thank you!!

Flr

Quote Originally Posted by Tonet View Post
    Hello there i have a question for those who have/have had FLR visa. Is the issue date of your FLR the same as its expiration date? and how did you apply by post or in person?

Hello!!!I've applied for my FLR 2 1/2 months ago by post and this morning I've got my passort back.The letter from the Home Office said that I will receive my ID(for Foreign Nationals)with in 7 days so by that time I will be able to know about the issue and expiry date.I will let you know once I got it but of course I am sure alot of the members can answer your query.If you want to have your application process sooner, I think applying personally will be better (though cost you more) but if you have all the time of this world then applying by post will be ok.

hi Tonet,

Ive applied my FLR visa last year by post and I have received it after a couple of weeks. The issue date in my FLR is different from the expiration date. hope it helps.

Respected Member

Hi Tonet,

When i had my FLR the issued date was Feb. 22, 2007 and the expiry date was Feb. 23, 2009. Hope that helps!

Goodluck
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

I applied my flr through post.. flr date of issue was oct.31,2007 and valid until oct 18, 2009. And soon I'll be applying for ilr. Good luck for u anyway!

Hi Tonet,
    I applied by post last July 13, 2008 and received it a week after. Issue date is different from the expiration date. It is a 2 year period.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Thanks to all of you who answered my question, the reason why i'm asking is my FLR's issue date and expiration date is different.

Based on what you know/think when are you supposed to apply ILR?

I thought that i should/could apply ILR 28 days before the expiration of my FLR. But i have learned that i can only apply ILR 28 days before the end of 2nd year of my FLR issue date.

your suppose to apply for ILR upto 28days before you have been in the uk 2 years, but before you visa expires, but that is not always possible.

did you come on a fiancee visa tonet ? or spouse visa?

we've been givien conflicting information by various call centre workers which resulted in us having serious problems with regards to our holiday which is supposed to start 6th Sepetember.

We had to get a supervisor at the call centre to actually tell us exactly what it is SUPPOSED to be.

I came here on a fiance visa in May 2007, married in August, my flr was issued on 3rd October 2007 so the earliest we can apply is 5th september 2009.

We were previously told we could apply May, June, July, august, and september by different people, hence the total mess and confusion!

It's been sorted now and we have an appointment on Monday 7th September.

Now to rearrange flights and hotel bookings etc!

Thread Information