Thread: to all good people out there..ATTENTION PLS. AND SERIOUS.pls

to all good people out there..ATTENTION PLS. AND SERIOUS.pls

hello to all here.its me pocahontas the active member in this time around.. kabayan out there specially who just had give me a very warm welcoming note in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF might have suggestion or anything idea/info that i can get job for the mean time while im learning improving my english skills...all ideas would be very helpfull BTW if you think to suggest me find in internet, news papers, or even in the jobcentre.. no thanks.. because i already tried all of it.

NOTE: THANKS in advance to all kabayan and not kabayan who have shown concern in this note of mine. hope who ever you are reading this have any suggestion idea to write me back that would help me in the future..

Depends which area your in P,in this area theres little unemployment,if your in the middle of the sticks there are likely to be few opportunities available to you,are you in a city,town,village?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Hi pocahontas,

There's no substitution for leg work.

Sign onto employment agencies and keep in contact with them.
    Some job will come from it if you're persistent

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
    hello to all here.its me pocahontas the active member in this time around.. kabayan out there specially who just had give me a very warm welcoming note in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF might have suggestion or anything idea/info that i can get job for the mean time while im learning improving my english skills...all ideas would be very helpfull BTW if you think to suggest me find in internet, news papers, or even in the jobcentre.. no thanks.. because i already tried all of it.

NOTE: THANKS in advance to all kabayan and not kabayan who have shown concern in this note of mine. hope who ever you are reading this have any suggestion idea to write me back that would help me in the future..
    I'm afraid, the main source for job listings would be your local job centre really, local newspaper and the internet - try directgov.com.....
    Otherwise, you can look for agencies in your area and you can inquire or apply as "walk in" applicant.....
    unless some members here can refer you to some job openings they know, but you just have to wait and see....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Theres a few jobs in the shops in the local high street Soph,and I know a few Thai restaurants that are always looking for staff,and I even think the local Tesco is looking for part time staffBut if she is 300 miles away she might be a tad late getting to work each shift

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

First I do not understand why you say u tried ALL things.If you say no to the internet, newspapers, and jobcentre you will lessen your chances. Do not give up on those, you need to keep on checking.

Plenty jobs that require you not to speak much English. Cleaning, hotel work, maids, picking vegetables, strawberries. Look at what the poles do, they figure it out!
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Theres a few jobs in the shops in the local high street Soph,and I know a few Thai restaurants that are always looking for staff,and I even think the local Tesco is looking for part time staffBut if she is 300 miles away she might be a tad late getting to work each shift
    LOL, now that's the problem
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    LOL, now that's the problem
    I can just imagine the guy at the jobcentre saying THATS NO EXCUSE, WHILE IN MY DAY, YOU GOT ON YER BIKE. I think that was Norman Tebbit. that said that..

There he goes all the way up that hill to the Thailand restaurant:ON YER BIKE SON!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    I can just imagine the guy at the jobcentre saying THATS NO EXCUSE, WHILE IN MY DAY, YOU GOT ON YER BIKE. I think that was Norman Tebbit. that said that..
    LOL, true

Its the old estate agents mantra Pocahontas......Location?.........Location?.......Location?City or boondocks?

I know at this moment in time its really difficult looking for a job.Just hang on there and you`ll find one just be patient and you`ll get what your looking for gurl
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

you could try looking at THE LADY magazine.theer are postings about housekeeping and other jobs .

Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    you could try looking at THE LADY magazine.theer are postings about housekeeping and other jobs .
    The lady. that sounds a bit saucy. Is that a naughty magazine for spanking conservative MPs?

I think if its conservatives the risque spanking mag might be called THE GENTLEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    The lady. that sounds a bit saucy. Is that a naughty magazine for spanking conservative MPs?
    nope

Banned
    Try to knock the door of small business owners in your area. Don't be shy, they might give you a job. I knock the door of our neighbor here when i was just arrived and looking for a job. She owns caravan site which is few yards away from our home and I was lucky.

really..

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Try to knock the door of small business owners in your area. Don't be shy, they might give you a job. I knock the door of our neighbor here when i was just arrived and looking for a job. She owns caravan site which is few yards away from our home and I was lucky.
    hi..peny thanks for the idea. i was really thinking of that before you suggest it but i thought its only in the philippines style.. so even here in uk there'll be no problem to be a walk in applicant and try to ask for job vacancies..well im a bit nervous and shy honestly coz its different country but i probably do it, right why not..

Banned
    I just knock to my neighbour fortunately it was a big company own 26 branches all over UK, it was Nursing home, I know some filipinas or British hubby doesnt want thier wife to work in Nursing home, but who cares they accept me but I am not working to them because hubby's boss is quick to offer me one, your husband is such a big help to find job for you anyway

Good luck po, Cheers

Banned
    hi..peny thanks for the idea. i was really thinking of that before you suggest it but i thought its only in the philippines style.. so even here in uk there'll be no problem to be a walk in applicant and try to ask for job vacancies..well im a bit nervous and shy honestly coz its different country but i probably do it, right why not..
    That's it Pocahontas!! I thought the same too but THERE'S NO HARM IN TRYING so I tried it rather than ended up with volunteering. If no one hires me then I will end up in studying and if still have time, I'll do volunteering whilst studying. But I do studying whilst working before and it was tiring.

Thread Information