Thread: anyone got an idea

Question anyone got an idea

hello everyone,

does anyone got an idea whether the british embassy traces all your n.i. contributions and income tax returns? i noticed that the sponsor have to fill in national insurance number, incomes etc. on the application form for settlement visa. the reason why i am asking this is we didn't declare all our income last year because my fiance was having a tough time on his divorce and we didn't want her to get her hands on our hard earned cash. we are now transparent though because all the finances are now settled. everything is now reported. any advice would be greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    hello everyone,

does anyone got an idea whether the british embassy traces all your n.i. contributions and income tax returns? i noticed that the sponsor have to fill in national insurance number, incomes etc. on the application form for settlement visa. the reason why i am asking this is we didn't declare all our income last year because my fiance was having a tough time on his divorce and we didn't want her to get her hands on our hard earned cash. we are now transparent though because all the finances are now settled. everything is now reported. any advice would be greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance.
    It's possible ... although I can't be certain ... that they'll have access to Inland Revenue records. But I shouldn't imagine it would be part of their normal routine to check this particular source in relation to [otherwise straightforward] visa applications. And besides, even IF it WERE, the discrepancy has since been rectified.

yes i'm sure they could have access, as some data is shared btw gov departments.I think inland rev/customs and immigration are one department of the HO now.

but i would have thought they might only do random checks or checks if something looks dodgy, so i wouldn't worry tooo much

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes i'm sure they could have access, as some data is shared btw gov departments.I think inland rev/customs and immigration are one department of the HO now.

but i would have thought they might only do random checks or checks if something looks dodgy, so i wouldn't worry tooo much
    thanks joebloggs and arthur. just got worried it's a bit complicated (my situation has always been complicated) because of previous divorce etc etc we didn't want the other party to know that we got income from buy-to-let property (it's just a small amount though). it's now sorted and everything is declared.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

i wouldn't worry about it, their really only bothered if you was claiming benefits you shouldn't have been

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i wouldn't worry about it, their really only bothered if you was claiming benefits you shouldn't have been
    thanks joebloggs, the only benefit (only the approved ones) we got was disability benefits (my fiance is disabled), child tax credit, child benefits and working tax credit.

Banned
    as others have said i would not worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    thanks joebloggs, the only benefit (only the approved ones) we got was disability benefits (my fiance is disabled), child tax credit, child benefits and working tax credit.
    once your wed, if and when you start work, he better check again what benefits he's still entitled to, he should not claim more of certain benefits becuase your there, and he maybe not entitled to some any more.

Thread Information