Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pag-ibig kita

Banned

Wink Pag-ibig kita

My bf told me last night: Darling, pag-ibig kita... and I go: what? and he said... pag-ibig = love... and I go: ohhh... mahal kita...

LOL.. seems like he's literally translating the english words to Filipino.. bought him a dictionary so he can start learning Filipino...

he's sooo cute!

What were the first Filipino words you learned or your bf/gf/fiance/fiancee learned?

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    My bf told me last night: Darling, pag-ibig kita... and I go: what? and he said... pag-ibig = love... and I go: ohhh... mahal kita...

LOL.. seems like he's literally translating the english words to Filipino.. bought him a dictionary so he can start learning Filipino...

he's sooo cute!
    Aww how sweet!

What were the first Filipino words you learned or your bf/gf/fiance/fiancee learned?
    Maganda ka!

Respected Member

he's sooo cute!

awwwww, sweet naman ni papa simon, galing
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned

Talking

unsa

kinsa ziggy na

The first word he learned... mahal kita... ( i love you )
    then...
    mahal din kita ( i love you too )...and maganda..
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    The first words I learnt......

Easy.....

Etched in my mind forever and ever......

Walay kwarta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

Easy.....

Walay kwarta
    LOL... nice!

I will be honest,within 10 minutes of getting into a taxi as an innocent impressionable child at NAIA I began my education The driver told me to say "Hi,nice to meet you" to a lady I had to say "Dali na sa katre e**t na ta" or if she was especially nice "Your very pretty" was "Ayoko sa iyo,maluwang ang **** mo" Neither sentence actually translates as he told me they did,but the first has proven the more useful of the two If you find either offensive blame a Manila(he was actually from the visayas)Taxi driver with a wicked sense of humour shame on him for ruining me..............

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

he's sooo cute!
    oh that was so sweet of ur Simon..

The first Tagalog words that my hubby learned is Mahal Kita and Salamat.. and he also says Magandang Umaga Bayan whenever he talks to my family thru Skype..

:oh sweet

My kukupops learned MAHAL KITA, KUMUSTA PO, SALAMAT and UTUT MO
    He knew G*GO was an endearment so sometimes he call me G*GA but very sweet telling it
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Easy.....

Walay kwarta
    LOL! LOL!

Banned

Red face

Easy.....

Walay kwarta
    Will somebody please let me know what this means so I don't say it to Rizza and then discover I'm calling her something she will hate me for???

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Will somebody please let me know what this means so I don't say it to Rizza and then discover I'm calling her something she will hate me for???
    Walay Kwarta is No Money..

"No money" In visayan walang pera,pobre ako,luoy sa aking

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Easy.....

Walay kwarta

A must say PHRASE lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    A must say PHRASE lol
    Then PM me if it requires earmuffs for the kids

Respected Member

Easy.....

Walay kwarta
    very clever mod dom
    And i agree with zobel - it's a "must say phrase" indeed
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Easy.....

Walay kwarta

I like this..Funny!!!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Aaahhhh.. Figured it out now thanks to the ever trusty wikitravel...

She is visayan Northerner,she will appreciate wala ko kwarta more than wala akong pera,trust your old uncle Tawi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    She is visayan Northerner,she will appreciate wala ko kwarta more than wala akong pera,trust your old uncle Tawi
    Kwarta I figured is money... Wala Ko? Now, now uncle Tawi, don't be sending me into a Bukidnon village declaring myself a millionaire

Kwarta I figured is money... Wala Ko? Now, now uncle Tawi, don't be sending me into a Bukidnon village declaring myself a millionaire

Wala akong Kwarta or Wala akong Pera - I don't have Money.

Kwarta & Pera are one and the same.

Bukidnon is Mindanao,your going there?If you want to say I am a millionaire please,please strip me bare datu ko, milyonaryo, kuhaa ning akong tanang kwarta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Wala akong Kwarta or Wala akong Pera - I don't have Money.

Kwarta & Pera are one and the same.
    Ahh, my new phrase from the second I get off the plane in Manila

As a total newbie this phrase is very important for the taxi drivers parked at NAIA ako ay inosente, nakawan ninyo ako It sort of means this is my first time here,can you tell They will fight each other if you shout it at the taxi rank to be the one to get you into their vehicle

Banned
    Bukidnon is Mindanao,your going there?If you want to say I am a millionaire please,please strip me bare datu ko, milyonaryo, kuhaa ning akong tanang kwarta
    And I'm sure within a few hours word would have spread as far as Jolo

As a total newbie this phrase is very important for the taxi drivers parked at NAIA ako ay inosente, nakawan ninyo ako It sort of means this is my first time here,can you tell They will fight each other if you shout it at the taxi rank to be the one to get you into their vehicle
    I take it they are as bad as the drivers in Thailand Maybe I will look like a dumb tourist with too much money and too little sense when I get there Good job I'll have local company...

Pinoy taxi drivers are WORSE than Thai,in Thailand if you catch a guy robbing you at least he has the decency to smile in embarrassement,I have had some great arguments in Pinas with Taxi drivers,Earlier this year I stayed in Century Park Hotel got a taxi in the morning to NAIA at the hotel the taxi driver agreed to put his meter on,within 5 minutes of leaving the hotel and heading for the airport he turned off his meter and said 600 pesos,I told him to stop and jumped out,I will never reward a robber and Manila has the worst Taxi drivers as you will see My tip?Get out of Manila ASAP and jump a flight south,its the worlds second biggest archipelago,the people are a little different in the south,they have a different mentality from the typical manila cabbie,Davao has the best and most honest taxi,drivers,though Cebu also has decent ones.

Banned
    Pinoy taxi drivers are WORSE than Thai,in Thailand if you catch a guy robbing you at least he has the decency to smile in embarrassement,I have had some great arguments in Pinas with Taxi drivers,Earlier this year I stayed in Century Park Hotel got a taxi in the morning to NAIA at the hotel the taxi driver agreed to put his meter on,within 5 minutes of leaving the hotel and heading for the airport he turned off his meter and said 600 pesos,I told him to stop and jumped out,I will never reward a robber and Manila has the worst Taxi drivers as you will see My tip?Get out of Manila ASAP and jump a flight south,its the worlds second biggest archipelago,the people are a little different in the south,they have a different mentality from the typical manila cabbie,Davao has the best and most honest taxi,drivers,though Cebu also has decent ones.
    Cool Although I plan to see pretty much nothing of Manila. Getting the flight to Cebu about 5 hours after landing in Manila if I can help it I think my first taste of Filipino food will be the Jollibee at NAIA whilst waiting for my flight to Cebu...

Personally, I am not much of a haggler with locals when it comes to things like shirts and stuff. I don't mind paying "tourist prices" so long as I know it is going to help someone less fortunate than myself. As for the taxi drivers, I got ripped off only once in Thailand, had a few cabbies kick me out when they realised I was only paying the standard rate. One Thai cabbie collected foreign money on his ceiling, so I tipped him £5 for his collection Otherwise I always tipped them up to 100 baht, so I rewarded honest drivers.. One driver demanded 400 baht to go to the airport! But it cost me 400 baht on a metered cab ride to the same hotel two weeks earlier, so his demand probably cost him money as I was planning on giving him 500 baht anyway

ahahaha...no Northerner...you wouldn't want to say these words! Tawi is being cheeky!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    ahahaha...no Northerner...you wouldn't want to say these words! Tawi is being cheeky!
    Ahh... I'll be careful what I say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information