Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mans not contented

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    that Filipinas look at their foreign husband as an investment.

I am married to a Brit, but I never looked at him that way. I have never asked him to support any of my family members, nor I made him feel obligated to do so. I can tell you now as well that he never felt like this is a responsibility he needed to take.

It is sad that someone, be it British, American, whoever would say that Filipinos are making you guys as an investment for ourselves and our families back in the Philippines. It could be true for some...but not for all.

well all i can say is that you are the 1 in a million maybe your family back home does not need any help then you are indeed lucky

maybe you should read http://www.british-filipino.com/ and learn about your own culture

can i ask how old your husband is you are 31 he is ????

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    well all i can say is that you are the 1 in a million maybe your family back home does not need any help then you are indeed lucky

maybe you should read http://www.british-filipino.com/ and learn about your own culture

can i ask how old your husband is you are 31 he is ????
    My husband is 48, feeling 35, looking 30.
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

my wifes family doesnt need support from me either! and would be embarassed from your comments trader dave.

not all our wifes are from the poor areas and why would misses piggy need to read about her own culture,shes from there?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    my wifes family doesnt need support from me either! and would be embarassed from your comments trader dave.

not all our wifes are from the poor areas and why would misses piggy need to read about her own culture,shes from there?
    Being a Filipina and having a British partner i would say that YES not every Filipina are the same. Since i met Kevin never did I asked nor my family. In contrary I was the one sending money to hi to pay his rent, grocery and even fare coming back here. But never complained nor have I ever make him remember this...I guess being in love with that person it is my obligation to support my husband as he needs it. Never i complained of things i have done for my husband and im still happy and willingly do it again for him
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

that Filipinas look at their foreign husband as an investment.

I am married to a Brit, but I never looked at him that way. I have never asked him to support any of my family members, nor I made him feel obligated to do so. I can tell you now as well that he never felt like this is a responsibility he needed to take.

It is sad that someone, be it British, American, whoever would say that Filipinos are making you guys as an investment for ourselves and our families back in the Philippines. It could be true for some...but not for all.
    i couldn't agree with you more miss piggy and maybe dave is basing his comment from his previous experience. like you i didn't asked my hubby to support my kids instead i helped him to run our mortgage business and touch wood it's doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Got to endorse your comments Miss P,some do,some dont but you have to sift a lot of mud to find a diamond listen to a hundred different experiences from a hundred different pinay/puti marriages and your going to find very good,very bad,and lots of middle ground,dave wasnt stereotyping,his wifes an orphan I think? I know some guys who dont send a penny in remmittances to the Philippines,and I have known some who hemorrhaged massive amounts of cash,and their marriages dissolved because of constant never ending demands from 7500 miles away,theres good and bad in all cultures.
    that is so spot on.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Respected Member
    Filipinas look at their foreign husband as an investment.
    I am married to a Brit, but I never looked at him that way. I have never asked him to support any of my family members.....
    SAME HERE OLIVIA In my case, my family needs no support from me or my hubby whatsoever,
    on the contrary, me and hubby may actually run to my family for financial help in case we get short in the future, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    I TOTALLY AGREE
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    SAME HERE OLIVIA In my case, my family needs no support from me or my hubby whatsoever,
    on the contrary, me and hubby may actually run to my family for financial help in case we get short in the future, lol
    Ilike the sound of that Have you got a twin sister Wouldnt mind marrying a rich sugar mommy myself

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned

Talking

WELL THAT STIRRED SOME EMOTION

but as my friend said it was not a generalisation it is based on many years of MY OWN EXPERIANCE

WELL THAT STIRRED SOME EMOTION

but as my friend said it was not a generalisation it is based on many years of MY OWN EXPERIANCE
    An ounce of practical experience is worth a ton of theory and often feels equally as heavy if your the one experiencing it I just want to marry Sophies sister so I can borrow a tenner off my new father-in-law.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned

Wink

An ounce of practical experience is worth a ton of theory and often feels equally as heavy if your the one experiencing it I just want to marry Sophies sister so I can borrow a tenner off my new father-in-law.

people can learn many things about our country but they will never understand our sense of humour

sometimes a thread gets stale i like to wake them up

right whos next for a debate

wholeheartedly, Olivia ...

... and, Dave ... I don't wish to appear in any way "smug" but have to say that I'm very lucky also, as MY wife is yet ANOTHER who falls into the same category as Olivia in this respect, simply because HER family is fortunate enough to be self-supporting.

Sure, she'd like to earn money [WHO wouldn't?]. But, at the end of the day (or should I say "working week"?) any wage she DID receive, would be utilised - along with my pension - towards the upkeep of OUR household ... and no-one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    I wish money was NEVER in relationship, but it is part of circumstances.

it's a good thing we're both broke so no moaning or argument over money at all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    wholeheartedly, Olivia ...

... and, Dave ... I don't wish to appear in any way "smug" but have to say that I'm very lucky also, as MY wife is yet ANOTHER who falls into the same category as Olivia in this respect, simply because HER family is fortunate enough to be self-supporting.

Sure, she'd like to earn money [WHO wouldn't?]. But, at the end of the day (or should I say "working week"?) any wage she DID receive, would be utilised - along with my pension - towards the upkeep of OUR household ... and no-one else's.

nice to see you have the priorities right towards the upkeep of OUR household ... and no-one else's.[/QUOTE]

but for every family that is self supporting there are many which are not fortunate enough to be in that situation and for many it is a burden the pilipina/o has to shoulder and of course her husband [which is you and me]

i am also fortunate my loverly wife has no family but she also does not forget where she came from unlike many

but my first pilipina wife had a very large family which we both helped to support AT TIMES

Quote Originally Posted by D&G View Post
    it's a good thing we're both broke so no moaning or argument over money at all
    Pretty much like ourselves, really ...

I could tell an absolutely ridiculous story,but 100% factual of a lady who was supposed to be saving along with her husband for a much larger house,he had about 40K in the bank so she should have realistically had much,much more as he was paying all the bills,mortgage,paying her flights back to pinas to visit her family once a year,paid for her to go to america,spain,ireland,sweden...................the good times sort of ended abruptly when he found out she had borrowed at least 30K from the bank and sent it back,she never mentioned her savings or anything so he never knows the true amount or the true story,needless to say they are going through a divorce at the moment,and thats one lady who is going to be a lot worse off,you know the bad part?She never even had the sense to say "Sorry"

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    hmmmm, money the root of all evil all i can say is i am so deym lucky to be married to my hubby.. i have not asked him for any help for my family back home. but when my dad had cancer 5 yrs ago, my husband made sure that my father had the best care money can get. right from the time of diagnosis till the funeral, he never complained not once about the monetary help he gives. my hubby sent a total of 4mil for my father, he never frowned, never complained (gosh i he really must love me)...

when my dad died, my husband hugged me and said he will do the same for my mum. and to this day he supports my mother. i told him he can stop as my dad left my mother with a a hefty life insurance. but my hubby said what he gives my mum is just for her day to day living so she is comfortable.

i really must show my hubby more love and appreciation.. i sometimes tend to overlook the things he does for me

for all the wives out there give ur brit husbands a big hug
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Respected Member
    Ilike the sound of that Have you got a twin sister
    LOL, sorry tawiwi, i'm, the youngest, no more single and available sister next to me, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    LOL, sorry tawiwi, i'm, the youngest, no more single and available sister next to me, lol
    What about a spinster old-maid aunt then on the right side of 50?

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post

i really must show my hubby more love and appreciation.. i sometimes tend to overlook the things he does for me
    awww so sweet nice story

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    for all the wives out there give ur brit husbands a big hug

I WISH I COULD but unfortunately i can't because he's so many miles away

Respected Member
    What about a spinster old-maid aunt then on the right side of 50?
    LOL, no available aunt within that criteria either......i only got very old aunt and dead aunts......

The very old ones will do,thats fine,matandang mayaman madaling mamatay in reverse,I can suffer their flatulence for a few years till they shuffle off this mortal coil and I can get my hands on their cash

Respected Member
    The very old ones will do,thats fine,matandang mayaman madaling mamatay in reverse,I can suffer their flatulence for a few years till they shuffle off this mortal coil and I can get my hands on their cash

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    Being a Filipina and having a British partner i would say that YES not every Filipina are the same. Since i met Kevin never did I asked nor my family. In contrary I was the one sending money to hi to pay his rent, grocery and even fare coming back here. But never complained nor have I ever make him remember this...I guess being in love with that person it is my obligation to support my husband as he needs it. Never i complained of things i have done for my husband and im still happy and willingly do it again for him
    you should of told him to get a job?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you should of told him to get a job?
    Kev worked for a couple of months when he went back in the UK but because he has problem with his hips he have difficulties in walking...so I told him to get less hours of work. So coz its bit expensive there I have helped him with his bills and and just decided to go back here. Its alright with me, I would be willing to help him all the time as I know if he can only work regularly he would do the same thing.
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

BD,thats true love,your a rarity,you got something very special with kevin

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    Kev worked for a couple of months when he went back in the UK but because he has problem with his hips he have difficulties in walking...so I told him to get less hours of work. So coz its bit expensive there I have helped him with his bills and and just decided to go back here. Its alright with me, I would be willing to help him all the time as I know if he can only work regularly he would do the same thing.
    In a relationship it is always give and take. Money should never be a part of an arguement- better yet it should be discussed fairly.

BD,thats true love,your a rarity,you got something very special with kevin
    Kevin is a very special person...when i fell in love with him never have i asked about how much he has in his pocket nor how much he will earn. I choice to be with him because i love him, part of it is that no matter what, as a wife i should help him. And until to this point though he is incarcerated, i am still willingly do my part and even for many times he will be in this situation i will offer my help again and again.

so i guess if we really love our chosen partners MONEY will never be a problem

an english hooker

The only hooking I do D&G is fishing on the Thames I prefer to borrow the pinoy term Guest Relations Officer (GRO)
    You have style BD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information