Thread: Makes me laugh!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    [B]
    my asawa of almost three years wants to live here for a while & to be fare that's OK by me!
    Now the tricky part is I have lived and worked abroad (Middle East) for a number of years now, I have no savings yet in a British bank, and no property in the UK. And how can I show any TAX records? I don't pay any Tax

Now I can get a rental property and put money in the bank but, as to work history I can't prove it

I arrived two weeks ago LHR And am now temporarily staying with parents till fixed up with a rental (Won't buy dito!) I have not the faintest idea how I can get my asawa dito talaga!

Just been looking at info for getting a visa for my wife on here, looks like i have no chance!!!site is a wealth of info and thanx for all the helpful advise given talaga![/U] [/CENTER]
    ... the fact that you've been living and working overseas - and hence not contributed to the British Government's coffers by way of paying income tax - for so long WILL, unless I'm very much mistaken, render it extremely difficult [if not well-nigh impossible] for your good lady to be granted a spousal visa at this point in time. But then, it seems you are already aware of that from the research you've undertaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... the fact that you've been living and working overseas - and hence not contributed to the British Government's coffers by way of paying income tax - for so long WILL, unless I'm very much mistaken, render it extremely difficult [if not well-nigh impossible] for your good lady to be granted a spousal visa at this point in time. But then, it seems you are already aware of that from the research you've undertaken.
    So true my friend have looked into it your so correct! Thank you

I'm sorry to have painted such a gloomy picture, my friend. But what I've just said reflects the situation as I see it ... based on the information you've provided - in tandem with your own (obviously extensive) trawl through the relevant websites. Unfair though the 'System' might appear (and God knows, I've had occasion to "curse" it myself - still DO sometimes) we ALL have to accept it exists for reasons best-understood by our political masters.

Good luck to you and your family ... whatever you eventually decide to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I'm sorry to have painted such a gloomy picture, my friend. But what I've just said reflects the situation as I see it ... based on the information you've provided - in tandem with your own (obviously extensive) trawl through the relevant websites. Unfair though the 'System' might appear (and God knows, I've had occasion to "curse" it myself - still DO sometimes) we ALL have to accept it exists for reasons best-understood by our political masters.

Good luck to you and your family ... whatever you eventually decide to do!

Thanx Arthur, Yes I except the situation my friend, there's not a blighter I can do about it!!! I just wanted a little rant!!! I'm quite happy to stay in the Philippines And have had a good laugh at some of the replies!!! Except the points awarded to me For every post head But you know yourself there's always one hahaha! Good luck to you and yours SMB back at ya!

Thread Information