Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinay in the UK

Pinay in the UK

Pinay in the UK

Time to be serious. This is especially for those Filipina's who have been here around a year or less. How have you found the UK, what is it like, do you miss home, have you made a mistake? Etc.....
    Keith - Administrator

In my experience Boss first few months I did but that was then I feel at home now and more settled than ever. and I dont miss PI that much now
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    Hhhmmmm. This is a thread I'd like to see grow!

I would also like to ask, did any Pinay find support amongst other Pinays?

What helped the "settling in" process?

I have never met any pinay in our area not till I was about a year and a half in our area when I enrolled at college but thats about it.IMHO its better to live in a place which is a pinay area free not to offend anybody but its hard to find a true and honest pinay here not unless you knew them already back home.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Hhhmmmm. This is a thread I'd like to see grow!

I would also like to ask, did any Pinay find support amongst other Pinays?

What helped the "settling in" process?
    never rely on other pinays for support
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    I have never met any pinay in our area not till I was about a year and a half in our area when I enrolled at college but thats about it.IMHO its better to live in a place which is a pinay area free not to offend anybody but its hard to find a true and honest pinay here not unless you knew them already back home.

i am glad you said that mrs daddy because i know many think like that but are afraid to say so

Banned
    Yeah, I actually thought that there was a small but active Filipino community around. No wonder Cebu Cafe in Manchester closed down..

Thanks to somebody who give me a rep for this thread

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    i am glad you said that mrs daddy because i know many think like that but are afraid to say so
    I hope I done no harm am just being honest

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Pinay in the UK

This is especially for those Filipina's who have been here around a year or less. How have you found the UK, what is it like, have you made a mistake? Etc.....
    Hmmmm i'm still figuring it out.....lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Pinay in the UK

Time to be serious. This is especially for those Filipina's who have been here around a year or less. How have you found the UK, what is it like, do you miss home, have you made a mistake? Etc.....
    First few months its boring, no job at all, but now a days, it was really great for me, once Jed will be here, cant ask for more, my life was definitely complete, havent done any mistake I guess as my hubby call me angel

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Hmmmm i'm still figuring it out.....lol
    I can't say yet just to agree
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Pinay in the UK

when my first year here in uk,i do miss my son,my family and all my friend,but after 6months i start go to work everyday and make some friend and make money and now i got my ILR

i dont want to go back home now,i injoy my life here in the uk to live
    because i got everything i want

Pinay in the UK

In my situation Ive been here in the UK for nearly two years now, in my first few months I really missed home but it helps that my husband make sure that I talked to my family almost everyday. Just got lucky I found job here right away which helps me settle and adjust easily and the people in here are so laid back, nice and very friendly..

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    never rely on other pinays for support
    why do you think that?

do you ever think theres a reason you cant make friends with other pinays close to you,i cant believe other pinays cant be trusted but seeing how some of you cant get on in this forum.....im wondering what is the reasons..
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Theres PFZ's (pinay free zones)being set up all over the country

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Tawi: There are only 3,244,253 avatars left on the internet and at this rate you'll be running out soon
    Keith - Administrator

Imelda had 3000 pairs of shoes,avatars are my little pecadillo

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Tawi: There are only 3,244,253 avatars left on the internet and at this rate you'll be running out soon
    the last avatar he'll pick would the same yours
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    why do you think that?

do you ever think theres a reason you cant make friends with other pinays close to you,i cant believe other pinays cant be trusted but seeing how some of you cant get on in this forum.....im wondering what is the reasons..
    Be a filipino and you`ll learnooopppsss my mouth are sealed Its the thing you`ll learn.Am not saying that every pinay can`t be trusted its just that seldom you find true friend nowadaysOf course I have a Filipina friend here as well am not recluse

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    the last avatar he'll pick would the same yours
    he could get the same as yours and you can have a stare off
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Theres PFZ's (pinay free zones)being set up all over the country
    Thanks TawiYou know what I mean

I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I know what you mean
    Its our Li`l secret

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    why do you think that?

------------------ since penny absent at the moment, I am borrowing her fav smilies
    I didnt realize he change again after that sexy butt i saw last night

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    when my first year here in uk,i do miss my son,my family and all my friend,but after 6months i start go to work everyday and make some friend and make money and now i got my ILR

i dont want to go back home now,i injoy my life here in the uk to live
    because i got everything i want
    Almost as the same as mine Liza miss my son, luckily I am working now too, so ease a bit of missing my son

Pinay in the UK

On my first few months here it was sooo hard, i used to cry everyday. I dont know anyone aside from philip's family and 1 pinay friend, different surroundings, different kind of foods,and i missed my mother so bad. It didnt help that i was stuck at home (not allowed to work on fiancee visa). cant go out on my own because i'm not comfortable talking to people as my english was'nt that good and i dont undesrtand scottish accent.

Things changed when i start working, i got to know people, talking to them helped me with my english and understanding the accent. I gained confidence, i made some friends, i got money to buy foods and make fone calls to pinas more often. (philip gave me money when i was'nt working but it doesnt feel nice to keep asking him as he also needs to support me with other things)

No matter how much i struggle on my first few months here i still dont think i made a mistake. I was shocked with the kind of life waiting for me here in UK, but even if i knew beforehand what it was like i would still have came.

The descision to come here lead me to my happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonet View Post
    On my first few months here it was sooo hard, i used to cry everyday. I dont know anyone aside from philip's family and 1 pinay friend, different surroundings, different kind of foods,and i missed my mother so bad. It didnt help that i was stuck at home (not allowed to work on fiancee visa). cant go out on my own because i'm not comfortable talking to people as my english was'nt that good and i dont undesrtand scottish accent.
    Tonet, I can't believe when you said your english was not so good before -- it is now perfect!!!

Pinay in the UK

I've been in the UK for more than 2 years. So far, I'm doing well with career, etc. But a part of me is longing for a more active social life. I sometimes think that it would have been perfect to have a cuppa with a friend or group of friends once a week, or atleast someone to go shopping with.

I understand Mrs Daddy's (and Maria's) opinion though. I have lived in HK for a few good years and met the most vicious pinays. But at the same time, I met a few professionals and previous domestic helpers who's married Brits, Aussies, etc. who are all equally intellectual and very nice people. Over the years, they became my support group and I would not honestly say that i've had a few good years there without them. This is something that I am missing here in the UK. Most pinays in our area are nurses, and their scheds are all over the place, so it's difficult to catch them around. Some I just get to see once or twice a year!
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

First few months really tough But that's life i guess when you moved to be with your husband Love everything ive got now two lovely boys and very loving husband and very supportive in laws

Its a matter of sacrifice for the greater good
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    But a part of me is longing for a more active social life. I sometimes think that it would have been perfect to have a cuppa with a friend or group of friends once a week, or atleast someone to go shopping with.
    So far, in my 4 months of stay here (going 5 months in a few days), this is also what i miss - active social life
    I miss my friday night out with friends or meeting up for coffee or just dine out and chat and shop together - it was so much fun.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information