Thread: Newbie here who needs advise

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question Newbie here who needs advise

Hello! Good day. I am seeking help to my fellow Filipinos in the UK. I really am desperate to go to UK and work but I do not have money to apply for a student visa. As per my contact person there, show money is P700K which I do not have as of the moment. I'd like to ask how can I find a direct employer there? I am open to being a Nanny or a Housekeeper. I am a BS Computer Science graduate by the way and I have an International Diploma which has been validated by the NCC Education UK and I thought that would help me find a job there. Any advise on this please?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ehem View Post
    Any advise on this please?

Thank you
    Yes. Don't bother.
    Keith - Administrator

It is really difficult at this moment as everybody in UK at this present time struggles specially the big companies and banks economy.They`re still recovering from the mess they have from last year.So its impossible for you its sad to say...
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    It is really difficult at this moment as everybody in UK at this present time struggles specially the big companies and banks economy.They`re still recovering from the mess they have from last year.So its impossible for you its sad to say...
    Hi, thanks for responding. Even domestic jobs? I heard from a friend that I can look for a direct employer/an individual who looks for a nanny or a housekeeper and will shoulder all the expenses for me to get to UK.

Banned

Red face

im sorry to say as others will say forget it it is just not easy to come to uk now

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    im sorry to say as others will say forget it it is just not easy to come to uk now
    oh.. thanks but i won't lose hope

Can I ask why your "Desperate" to get to the UK Wouldnt it be easier for you to get a job in Dubai or HK or somewhere similar?Do you know how expensive the UK is when you first arrive,its prohibitively so Good luck in your quest however

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Can I ask why your "Desperate" to get to the UK Wouldnt it be easier for you to get a job in Dubai or HK or somewhere similar?Do you know how expensive the UK is when you first arrive,its prohibitively so Good luck in your quest however
    It's a dream for me, since I was a kid I've been to Dubai before but I didn't work there, I just had a vacation. Thank you for your suggestion anyway

we`re not discouraging you or anythingif you really are desperate then goodluck.I know they said dreams do come true just dont give up!Goodluck whatever it might be
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    But be aware of giving money like they say its placement fee ha,its not true, they will just scam you, as other members said,Good luck to you

Banned

Talking

mrs T would say ---pray pray -pray and pray but maybe you need a little more than that

we`re not discouraging you or anythingif you really are desperate then goodluck.I know they said dreams do come true just dont give up!Goodluck whatever it might be
    Oh no, I appreciate your suggestions, opinions and advise really. I'll keep on trying and find ways on how to make that dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    But be aware of giving money like they say its placement fee ha,its not true, they will just scam you, as other members said,Good luck to you
    Yes madame I am aware of the scams and their techniques. I won't just give money to someone I don't know and as per my understanding, I do not have to pay for anything when applying directly and that the employer should be the one to shoulder all the expenses. Thanks madame.

Hello! Good day. I am seeking help to my fellow Filipinos in the UK. I really am desperate to go to UK and work but I do not have money to apply for a student visa. As per my contact person there, show money is P700K which I do not have as of the moment. I'd like to ask how can I find a direct employer there? I am open to being a Nanny or a Housekeeper. I am a BS Computer Science graduate by the way and I have an International Diploma which has been validated by the NCC Education UK and I thought that would help me find a job there. Any advise on this please?

Thank you
    Even if you could find an employer who was willing to employ you as a nanny or housekeeper, it is extremely unlikely that you would be given a visa for this sort of work. The only jobs that UK employers can employ you to do at the present time, are highly skilled jobs for which there is a shortage of suitable applicants in the UK and the European Union.

Even if an employer wanted to employ you, that employer would have to prove to the UK government that he had advertised widely and could not find a suitable applicant for the position, either in the UK or within the European Union, before the government in the UK would even consider granting you a visa.

As others have said, if you do find agencies in the Philippines that say they can get you a visa and employment in the UK, don't believe them, they're only after your money and the only real path to employment in the UK is through the British Embassy, supported by a firm offer of employment in writing from an employer in the UK.

I would also say that, given your qualifications, you would have a much better chance of getting an offer of employment that would be acceptable to the British Embassy (visa wise) in the computer industry rather than a domestic or a nanny.

If you can't find an employer in the UK willing to employ you and support your visa application, the next best thing would probably be to try to get an IT job with a British company, either in Asia or the middle east, in the hope that you might one day manage to get a transfer the UK.

Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Even if you could find an employer who was willing to employ you as a nanny or housekeeper, it is extremely unlikely that you would be given a visa for this sort of work. The only jobs that UK employers can employ you to do at the present time, are highly skilled jobs for which there is a shortage of suitable applicants in the UK and the European Union.

Even if an employer wanted to employ you, that employer would have to prove to the UK government that he had advertised widely and could not find a suitable applicant for the position, either in the UK or within the European Union, before the government in the UK would even consider granting you a visa.

As others have said, if you do find agencies in the Philippines that say they can get you a visa and employment in the UK, don't believe them, they're only after your money and the only real path to employment in the UK is through the British Embassy, supported by a firm offer of employment in writing from an employer in the UK.

I would also say that, given your qualifications, you would have a much better chance of getting an offer of employment that would be acceptable to the British Embassy (visa wise) in the computer industry rather than a domestic or a nanny.

If you can't find an employer in the UK willing to employ you and support your visa application, the next best thing would probably be to try to get an IT job with a British company, either in Asia or the middle east, in the hope that you might one day manage to get a transfer the UK.

Iain.
    Hi Iain. Actually, I have a friend who's willing to sponsor me and help me get a student visa. She's been in the UK since January using a student visa. Now she's studying and earning through her part-time job which the school had given her. My only problem is that my money isn't enough as of now but hopefully before the year ends or early next year, I'll have enough money to pursue applying for a student visa. Thank you

Hi Iain. Actually, I have a friend who's willing to sponsor me and help me get a student visa. She's been in the UK since January using a student visa. Now she's studying and earning through her part-time job which the school had given her. My only problem is that my money isn't enough as of now but hopefully before the year ends or early next year, I'll have enough money to pursue applying for a student visa. Thank you
    Good luck with that, it's getting harder and harder to get student visas these days because the British government is tightening down on them. This is because there was until recently, many bogus colleges offering courses which didn't really exist and were really just a front for obtaining visas.

Sorry to be wet blanket but I can't imagine how she can undertake sponsoring of you when she's on student visa and working part-time.
    She's not allowed to work for more than 20 hours/week and I can't see how she will be able to maintain 2 people from part-time salary with the current prices for goods and rent etc.. in UK
    This is definitely NO NO...
    Good luck to you in fulfilling your dream
    And welcome in here
    Jiri & Maricel

Please try not to feel too despondent. Unfair as it may seem, one of the harsh realities of the current economic recession in the UK, is that there are far fewer job opportunities available nationwide ... even for highly qualified and experienced people like yourself ... and therefore [based on your present financial constraints] the prospects of being granted a student visa/work permit within the foreseeable future would appear to be extremely slim.

I wish you well in the longer-term, however, and extend a cordial Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Good luck with that, it's getting harder and harder to get student visas these days because the British government is tightening down on them. This is because there was until recently, many bogus colleges offering courses which didn't really exist and were really just a front for obtaining visas.
    Thank you for this Iain!

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Sorry to be wet blanket but I can't imagine how she can undertake sponsoring of you when she's on student visa and working part-time.
    She's not allowed to work for more than 20 hours/week and I can't see how she will be able to maintain 2 people from part-time salary with the current prices for goods and rent etc.. in UK
    This is definitely NO NO...
    Good luck to you in fulfilling your dream
    And welcome in here
    Thank you Ji&Ma, actually she was sponsored by his brother who's living in the UK for years now and has his own family and stable job there and if ever, his brother will be the one to sponsor me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Please try not to feel too despondent. Unfair as it may seem, one of the harsh realities of the current economic recession in the UK, is that there are far fewer job opportunities available nationwide ... even for highly qualified and experienced people like yourself ... and therefore [based on your present financial constraints] the prospects of being granted a student visa/work permit within the foreseeable future would appear to be extremely slim.

I wish you well in the longer-term, however, and extend a cordial Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for welcoming me Arthur Little

Respected Member
    Thank you Ji&Ma, actually she was sponsored by his brother who's living in the UK for years now and has his own family and stable job there and if ever, his brother will be the one to sponsor me.
    The rules have changed now so he won't be able to sponsor you in the same way. You have to have enough money (as you said ~P700K) in a bank account in your name (could be joint with someone else), so the only thing he may be able to do is 'lend' you the show money.

Respected Member
    welcome here ehem
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Hiya ehem
    Welcome to the forum.
    Good luck with your visa - please keep us updated with your progress.
    Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    The rules have changed now so he won't be able to sponsor you in the same way. You have to have enough money (as you said ~P700K) in a bank account in your name (could be joint with someone else), so the only thing he may be able to do is 'lend' you the show money.
    Hi darren-b, yes and hopefully soon i'll have enough money to continue with this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    welcome here ehem
    Thanks Sophie

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
    Hiya ehem
    Welcome to the forum.
    Good luck with your visa - please keep us updated with your progress.
    Sun.
    Thank you Sun Shine

Thread Information