Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just curious....(For the guys only)

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    my wifey tells me older pinoys are playboys and a waste of time but of course we are not like that
    Guys are guys Dave and women are women,whatever the colour of their skin they have a heart ticking away in their chest and a brain whirring away in their heads

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    True storyFlorge theres a lady living in Davao,good family,got a house not far from Marco Polo,educated and the family have a thriving large hardware store in Davao city,she has a late 50's american boyfriend,and she is in her 20's,her mum doesnt like the guy as he wanted an open relationship...blah....blah....blah anyway her mum made me a great meal and I chatted to the daughter,the age gap isnt my concern,the family are friends but she told me she liked older guys,they are more reliable,more romantic etc.I pointed out 3 seperate guys in the street,all pinoys who I judged to be 50+ and asked her did she find them attractive "No Way" then I realised something,its not older guys some ladies find attractive,its older WESTERN guys,if all pinays found older guys attractive as they say how come they dont marry older pinoy guys Western is the key word.
    It's the same when you see Peter Stringfellow with a young 20 year old model walking around with him. Now if Peter Stringfellow was a bus driver, he would be known as Peter "lives with his mum" Stringfellow Ok, making that a little extreme maybe. But the ability to provide a safe, secure home is something a woman wants. And for us westerners, we are like Peter Stringfellow! We are the millionaire! We can change a life overnight and provide help for a poor family that no other local man could provide! We provide security and the knowledge that any children will be well looked after and grow and go onto better things...

Human nature

Banned
    Guys are guys Dave and women are women,whatever the colour of their skin they have a heart ticking away in their chest and a brain whirring away in their heads

and there brains are in there

Amen,and thats a perfect analogy with PS

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned

Question

i asked my wife a long long time ago [she has a little boy of 4]

i was testing her i wanted to know what her answer would be

i said to her make a choice betwen me and your son ????

after a short pause she said YOU

SO I ASKED WHY ? HER ANSWER WAS ----you can give me and my son a future HE CANT

I THOUGHT THAT WAS A FAIR ANSWER TO A very difficult question

The wisdom of Solomon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    It's the same when you see Peter Stringfellow with a young 20 year old model walking around with him. Now if Peter Stringfellow was a bus driver, he would be known as Peter "lives with his mum" Stringfellow Ok, making that a little extreme maybe. But the ability to provide a safe, secure home is something a woman wants. And for us westerners, we are like Peter Stringfellow! We are the millionaire! We can change a life overnight and provide help for a poor family that no other local man could provide! We provide security and the knowledge that any children will be well looked after and grow and go onto better things...

Human nature
    I think I may have mentioned the following in a previous thread a long time ago but.......
    When I got married to my wife, I asked her why she liked me, an older man.
    She told me she didn't like "chexboys" (playboys) and I understood that.
    I later said that I was so happy to have married her as her life would change so much because of us meeting and marrying.
    Talk about tears
    She told me she married for love and not for money and I felt so stupid for saying the things I had said.

I don't want those tears again

Northerner, just a spot of advice.........be very careful of what you say when you meet your girlfriend.
    You may get more than you expected.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Northerner, just a spot of advice.........be very careful of what you say when you meet your girlfriend.
    You may get more than you expected.
    I guess PS was a bad example. But imagine an english girl meeting a doctor and she is from a family of welfare recipients. Same thing... I know my girl is not a money grabber, just looking for a nice man to have a family with who can look after her and said family! Nothing wrong with that, every girl dreams of meeting a man who can provide for her

There is more to it as well, this is only one part. But if a girl marries a doctor the women in the area gossip and call her a lucky so and so. Same with the gossiper in pinas...

Stringfellow was actually pretty close to the mark,your actually going to see examples of the Brad Pitt or Peter stringfellow Syndrome when your there Two years ago I stayed in Marriott in Cebu so we could shop in Ayala,I remember a young pinay came in obviously living abroad from her clothing bags etc,she looked like sex-on-legs(not that I notice that sort of thing)but you know when you see a racehorse at the peak of physical fitness and think to yourself "I bet that can go" as it walks with every muscle toned to perfection?Well,she was like that Her husband looked like Jimmy Saville I never did figure out why she was with him

Banned
    I guess PS was a bad example. But imagine an english girl meeting a doctor and she is from a family of welfare recipients. Same thing... I know my girl is not a money grabber, just looking for a nice man to have a family with who can look after her and said family! Nothing wrong with that, every girl dreams of meeting a man who can provide for her

There is more to it as well, this is only one part. But if a girl marries a doctor the women in the area gossip and call her a lucky so and so. Same with the gossiper in pinas...
    Hi again Northerner, all I'm trying to say is be watchful with your sentiments and comments when you are with her soon.
    I don't know any other Filipina than my own wife, but I regularly have to say sorry for my comments which seemed innocuous to me at the time.
    Her sensitiveness goes off the scale at times and I see some other English men notice this too with their women.

It's not easy when you put your foot in your mouth as I regularly do with no warning at all :eek:

Banned
    Hi again Northerner, all I'm trying to say is be watchful with your sentiments and comments when you are with her soon.
    I don't know any other Filipina than my own wife, but I regularly have to say sorry for my comments which seemed innocuous to me at the time.
    Her sensitiveness goes off the scale at times and I see some other English men notice this too with their women.

It's not easy when you put your foot in your mouth as I regularly do with no warning at all :eek:
    I've already done that a few times already. And that is still on yahoo messenger with the facility to read before entering...

Banned

Talking

Stringfellow was actually pretty close to the mark,your actually going to see examples of the Brad Pitt or Peter stringfellow Syndrome when your there Two years ago I stayed in Marriott in Cebu so we could shop in Ayala,I remember a young pinay came in obviously living abroad from her clothing bags etc,she looked like sex-on-legs(not that I notice that sort of thing)but you know when you see a racehorse at the peak of physical fitness and think to yourself "I bet that can go" as it walks with every muscle toned to perfection?Well,she was like that Her husband looked like Jimmy Saville I never did figure out why she was with him

was it or was it that reminds me i must loose my fat belly

and how did you know it was her husband it might have been a customer

Banned
    Charm and sense of humour, of course

Banned
    Yeah, poverty is a major factor. One thing I am really not looking forward to seeing - street kids

I neither heard his witty quips nor saw his good manners and etiquette,I was too busy drooling,pinays have a term for that type of lady "High maintenance" but I bet she was worth every penny,I dont know how long they had been married but she looked as if she ran the show.

Banned
    I've already done that a few times already. And that is still on yahoo messenger with the facility to read before entering...
    You can paste them in here if you want.
    We could respond with tips etc.
    Better put them in the "Culture" section rather than the "Humour" one.

Banned
    You can paste them in here if you want.
    We could respond with tips etc.
    Better put them in the "Culture" section rather than the "Humour" one.
    Can't paste the video from off of the webcam that say's "what the did you just say"

Yeah, poverty is a major factor. One thing I am really not looking forward to seeing - street kids
    Loads of street kids in Cebu,avoid the footbridge next to Robinsons at night if you dont want to see loads of them sleeping under cardboard,very sad,I gave a kid 50 or 100 pesos earlier this year,he was a very small skinny kid,and this older girl tried to mug him He kept near me for protection till she left,always be thankfull for what you have,this country mightnt seem so great at times but some of the alternatives dont bear thinking about

Banned
    All kids in Phils are amazing, you are going to love them.
    So much fun, make sure you are have a still camera/video camera.

Banned

Talking

as far as the street kids go just have a little change in your pocket 5p 10p just make sure if you give to one that theres not 50 hiding around the corner other wise there will be a stampede

I gave a small boy and his sister 100 pesos down near Junquera street,I actually wondered what they were going to spend the money on,I passed again a while later and the boy gave me a Thumbs up as he and his sis were eating BBQ fish,very sad,walk through some of the squatter areas and look at the little barefoot kids running round in briefs and vests

Banned
    Well, given that I'm traveling on a budget - but not with a tight budget... Room to spend if I need to I think there will be a few pesos getting given away to these kids. Obviously, I do not want half of Cebu's street kids on me but we'll see

Plus, Rizza does not want me to go to night clubs or bars! I guess this is due to the many prostitutes about and she is worried one might snag me So I do not see spending much at all.. Except when the relatives invite themselves to dinner at my expense

You cant help but give to the kids,they always make you feel guilty,especially when you see their clothes etcgo down to the Piers in Cebu,the badjao kids down there dive like seals and swim like fish if you throw coins into the water,thats the thing about paradise,once you peel back the veneer and peek under theres things you would rather not see but you have to confront them.

Banned
    You cant help but give to the kids,they always make you feel guilty,especially when you see their clothes etcgo down to the Piers in Cebu,the badjao kids down there dive like seals and swim like fish if you throw coins into the water,thats the thing about paradise,once you peel back the veneer and peek under theres things you would rather not see but you have to confront them.
    Year, I remember once in Thailand some little kid no older than 4 tried to sell me some flowers. I really did not want the flowers but I gave him all the spare coins in my pocket. Think he got over 100 baht or so

Year, I remember once in Thailand some little kid no older than 4 tried to sell me some flowers. I really did not want the flowers but I gave him all the spare coins in my pocket. Think he got over 100 baht or so
    I did the same near the Kings Palace,skinny tiny child with a tin holding it up for coins,gave him some money,took him over to the 7-11 and bought him food,Manila is the one that rips me up though,all those homeless women with brand-new babies just living on the streets and theres Gloria swanning around without a care in the world spending 20 thousand american dollars on a dinner If anything Manila is worse now than it was 20 years ago,Philippine population is predicted to double within 35 years?It cant support current population numbers,whats the outcome when they double?

Banned
    I did the same near the Kings Palace,skinny tiny child with a tin holding it up for coins,gave him some money,took him over to the 7-11 and bought him food,Manila is the one that rips me up though,all those homeless women with brand-new babies just living on the streets and theres Gloria swanning around without a care in the world spending 20 thousand american dollars on a dinner If anything Manila is worse now than it was 20 years ago,Philippine population is predicted to double within 35 years?It cant support current population numbers,whats the outcome when they double?
    So is the Philippines worse than Thailand for poverty? I remember seeing men and women with infected cuts lay out all over the footpaths and stuff in Bangkok Is Manilla the same or worse

Truthfully?Avoid Manila,its worse than Bangkok I remember the first time I ever visited,Smoky Mountain was a sort of macabre tourist attraction back then,it was shocking,Thailand is more advanced than Pinas I always found,its more geared up for tourism.

but I regularly have to say sorry for my comments which seemed innocuous to me at the time.

don't worry mrshark she will think nothing of it soon
    one you get them broken in and trained

not much bothers what i say to the misses, only 2 words she fears is WALANG PERA

Banned
    Truthfully?Avoid Manila,its worse than Bangkok I remember the first time I ever visited,Smoky Mountain was a sort of macabre tourist attraction back then,it was shocking,Thailand is more advanced than Pinas I always found,its more geared up for tourism.
    Oh, I'm going nowhere in Manila except the airport Then off to Cebu before I get to relax and take a shower. I'll be sticking round the visayas

Banned
    Well, given that I'm traveling on a budget - but not with a tight budget... Room to spend if I need to I think there will be a few pesos getting given away to these kids. Obviously, I do not want half of Cebu's street kids on me but we'll see

Plus, Rizza does not want me to go to night clubs or bars! I guess this is due to the many prostitutes about and she is worried one might snag me So I do not see spending much at all.. Except when the relatives invite themselves to dinner at my expense

as far as she said she does not want you in bars that is called protecting her investment

but i believe you should at least once go once even take her with you theres plenty in up town cebu i spend many hours opposite the redtemptorist church or on the main drag dimples or the black hole

just google bars in cebu [i am not trying to lead you astray of course] I DONT WANT YOUR GIRL CALLING ME your BI

there used to be a nice casa? correct spelling TAWI in happy valley just a way from osmenia circle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information