Thread: Advice needed re: Home learning college

Respected Member

Advice needed re: Home learning college

Hi everyone, i wanted to enroll in an accounting course here to get the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) certificate and status
    which i definitely can use to my advantage and would make me more marketable when i apply for accounting jobs later on.
    As per my inquiry, they told me i can proceed to level 3 course and skip level 2 since i'm an accountancy graduate in the philippines
    and already know the accounting basics....and i just have to take the AAT exam after i finish my course and work my way up from there...

I did some research and i found the Home learning college who offers this course for roughly around 2,500 to 3,000 pounds.
    My question is, are home learning courses recognized here nationwide or should i just enroll in the nearest college here which is in bornemouth,
    who offers thesame course but at a slightly cheaper rate.....Career-wise, which one would benefit me more?
    Which is the better alternative? I would appreciate some advice regarding this matter...thanks in advance
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

i would go for a college or uni near you, because any distant learning course, your basically on your own, its not easy emailing or phoning a tutor to ask questions or explain something when your not face to face

delaing with money , my mother in law , no shes ok ,has just retired from teaching accountancy at palawan state uni

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i would go for a college or uni near you, because any distant learning course, your basically on your own, its not easy emailing or phoning a tutor to ask questions or explain something when your not face to face

delaing with money , my mother in law , no shes ok ,has just retired from teaching accountancy at palawan state uni
    Thank you for the advice mod joe I'd go for the uni then

a CPA mother in law, Nice
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

If you do Biology I can help
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If you do Biology I can help
    Noted boss

I also inquired in Home Learning College.They are really expenseive eventhough there is installment payment scheme.My friedn suggested its better to enroll in a college coz you are sure that they are really recognized and the tuition is reaosnable.aside from that nothing beats the classroom discussion and interaction.

My sisters actually doing an accountancy degree at the moment Soph,despite being 40 and having a few quid she suddenly got it into her head a few years ago do do a degree,she originally wanted to do psychiatric nursing but opted instead for accountancy,she goes to Uni one day a week,I will phone her later and ask about the course,she has a year or maybe two left

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    My sisters actually doing an accountancy degree at the moment Soph,despite being 40 and having a few quid she suddenly got it into her head a few years ago do do a degree,she originally wanted to do psychiatric nursing but opted instead for accountancy,she goes to Uni one day a week,I will phone her later and ask about the course,she has a year or maybe two left
    Oh, I bummed out of college years ago. Just as my uni acceptance came through the door Didn't finish the course so couldn't go to uni... But I still reckon one day I will do it part time or from home, for no other reason than to get a degree in something interesting. And if it gets me a promotion or a better job... Cool

I bought my degree in neuropsychopharmacogenetics in Thailand Cost me a tenner or maybe 15 quid Cant remember the price to be honest

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post

a CPA mother in law, Nice
    not just any old CPA, but

The Palawan State University also takes pride for obtaining an impressive passing percentage of 80% in the CPA Licensure Examination just recently last May 2007. With this accomplishment, the Palawan State University emerges as number one in the Top Performing Schools in the May 2007 CPA Licensure Exam for the category of 10-15 examinees. all because of the mother in law

beautiful place PSU

and the president of PSU was a witness at our wedding

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    I also inquired in Home Learning College.They are really expenseive eventhough there is installment payment scheme.My friedn suggested its better to enroll in a college coz you are sure that they are really recognized and the tuition is reaosnable.aside from that nothing beats the classroom discussion and interaction.
    I totally agree with you esther Uni is definitely the best way to go

Respected Member
    Ok, thanks tawi

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Oh, I bummed out of college years ago. Just as my uni acceptance came through the door Didn't finish the course so couldn't go to uni... But I still reckon one day I will do it part time or from home, for no other reason than to get a degree in something interesting. And if it gets me a promotion or a better job... Cool
    i totally agree

Respected Member
    I bought my degree in neuropsychopharmacogenetics in Thailand Cost me a tenner or maybe 15 quid Cant remember the price to be honest
    LOL, and how's the degree going so far? Quite a rare degree you got there tawi, lol

Rare?Its unique I made the subject up myself,concocted it from several different words,I am thinking of lecturing in it If I can just figure out what it is

Respected Member
    not just any old CPA, but

The Palawan State University also takes pride for obtaining an impressive passing percentage of 80% in the CPA Licensure Examination just recently last May 2007. With this accomplishment, the Palawan State University emerges as number one in the Top Performing Schools in the May 2007 CPA Licensure Exam for the category of 10-15 examinees. all because of the mother in law

beautiful place PSU

and the president of PSU was a witness at our wedding
    Nice Your mother in law is such an impressive woman
    and the success of the uni she's handling is just a reflection of how good she is in what she does
    Too bad she's retired already, the uni needs more prof's like her
    I think your wife took a lot from her mom (brainy and career-driven)

Respected Member
    Rare?Its unique I made the subject up myself,concocted it from several different words,I am thinking of lecturing in it If I can just figure out what it is
    Rare as in uniquely Tawi's, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Rare as in uniquely Tawi's, lol
    and useless

just like mine in The Homology of Iterated Loop Spaces combined with Relationship Marketing of Agency-Client Dynamics in the Advertising Sector

and i ended up serving in mc donalds

Respected Member
    and useless

just like mine in The Homology of Iterated Loop Spaces combined with Relationship Marketing of Agency-Client Dynamics in the Advertising Sector
    Wow, another rare and unique degree, lol

Neuropsychopharmacogenetics isnt useless,you always see it on TV when something happens on a flight and the stewardess asks over the intercom "Is there a doctor on board?" doctors are ten a penny,watch disaster movies,theres always one on board,in fact theres often a surplus or surfeit of doctors on a flight they even queue up down the aisle to attend the in-flight emergency,but just wait,one day I will be sitting trying to get some shut-eye on a cathay flight,dribbling on my pillow in mid-snooze when I am woken by "Is there a neuropsy(how do you pronounce this again?)is there a neuropsycho on board"

....despite being 40.....
    Ya cheeky whipper snapper

I'll Have your name changed to 'Ben Dover' Joe+Tawi>>>
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information