Thread: Proof of Accommodation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    hi
    Wow you have 2 properties in the uk, you should be ok if you explain this in your sponsorship letter as they need to see you have a place in the UK to stay and a letter from your parents if you are staying with them, also good to provide evidence as to what you have in the Phils to go back to ie job,land,savings (joint if possible)i think you should have some sort of copy of your wedding certificate (serpca -i think or something like that) whick proves your married but state clearly you dont intend to live in the UK.
    Sammy
    Hi Sammy,
    Thanks for the replys, we need our wedding certificate, but not our wedding contract as that takes about 4 weeks to process and we want to get flights booked soon. I think our bigest problem is proving we want to come back... although I havent lived in the UK for a long time.
    Anyway we are submiting what we have. lets see. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by neallie View Post
    Hi everyone,
    After all the paperwork of the wedding we have now started on the Visa....Life is so exciting.
    Our situation is complicated, I havent lived in the UK for 9 years but have property there, we have been living in the Phills for the last 6 months and intend to stay Here, we will also be starting the aplication for ACR card as soon as we have our Maraige contract back from the NSO.
    My parents are in there 80's and although my lovely wife has meet my sister and my mother, she has never meet my father. I have been advised by the UK Visa to apply for a Family visitor as I dont see the point in waiting for our maraige contract and applying for a spouse visa when we have no intention of staying there.
    Sorry to go on.... My question is when they ask for proof of accommodation, what is proof? I have just completed on another house and have the title, but i am worried that if i offer this as proof they might think we have just bought it to live in and start our life in the UK, this could not be further from the truth.
    Welcome. Congratulations on your marriage. I hope you and your wife enjoyed your BIG DAY on August 1st ... which, funnily enough, would've been my late parents' [68th] Wedding Anniversary.

You're quite right in deciding not to bother with the expense entailed in applying for a Spousal Visa when it's your intention to continue living in the Phils after your short Family Visit to the UK. And it would seem you have sufficient proof of available accommodation in Gt Britain ... in the shape of the property you own here.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    hi
    ... you have 2 properties in the uk, you should be ok if you explain this in your sponsorship letter ... but state clearly you dont intend to live in the UK.
    Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by neallie View Post
    Hi Sammy,
    ... *we want to get flights booked soon. I think our bigest problem is proving we want to come back... although I havent lived in the UK for a long time.
    Anyway we are submiting what we have. lets see. Thanks.
    *Totally understandable! But I don't foresee any real problem, and I should THINK it would be safe to proceed with your plans at this stage. Good Luck!

Thread Information