Thread: Most burgled post-codes..........

Most burgled post-codes..........

Surrey got a mention which surprised me till I realised it was Croydon
    Most burgled postcodes revealed

Burglary rates increased by 1% in the year to April
    Homeowners in parts of Nottingham and London are among the UK's most likely to file burglary claims, a study says.

Five of the top 20 postcode areas where people have made home insurance claims for burglary in the past five years are in London, says Moneysupermarket.

Four were in Nottingham. These included NG5 - Arnold - which was identified as the worst-hit area through analysis of 2.6m claims by the comparison website.

Parts of Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, and Roundhay in Leeds also proved hotspots.

Areas of Leicester, Sheffield, Croydon in Surrey, and Hove in Sussex, also made it into the top 10 districts in which burglaries were most likely to occur.

BURGLARY HOTSPOTS
    NG5 Arnold, Notts
    LE3 Braunstone, Leicester
    NG2 West Bridgford
    CH66 Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
    LS8 Roundhay, Leeds
    SW11 Battersea, south London
    S8Norton & Heeley, Sheffield
    N8 Hornsey, north London
    CR0 Croydon, Surrey
    BN3 Hove, Sussex
    NG3 Sherwood, Notts
    NG8 Bilborough, Notts
    BR3 Beckenham, Kent
    M28 Worsley, Gtr Manchester
    LS15 Crossgates, Leeds
    E17 Walthamstow, east London
    BS7Horfield, Bristol
    SW6 Fulham, south-west London
    SE23 Forest Hill, south-east London
    SL6 Maidenhead, Berks
    Some 0.42% of people from Arnold who asked for quotes via the website said they had been burgled in the past five years, while that rate was above 0.24% in the rest of the top 20.

Julie Owens, the site's head of home insurance, said: "Along with many other UK cities, London and Nottingham are classed as high-risk areas for crime and it is no surprise to see these areas dominating the top 20."

But she added: "No matter where you live, there is always a risk you could become a victim of theft or burglary."

Crime figures released last month indicated a 1% rise in burglaries - the first increase for six years - although ministers claimed that rates had almost halved since 1997.

Police figures showed there were 284,445 house break-ins in the 2008/9 financial year, equating to one victim every two minutes.

Information obtained by the Conservatives revealed Manchester as the town where domestic burglary was most prevalent, with 35 reports per 1,000 homes.

Nottingham, Reading, the London borough of Haringey and Leeds made up the rest of the top five, while rural Teesdale in County Durham fared best.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8200173.stm

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

no wonder, M28 Worsley, Gtr Manchester is where the rich live around here

anyway we've 2 anti-burglar DEVICEs HERE, the dog, and if they managed to get past her, i've got the misses

Banned
    at least in phils you can defend your property some how finding some piece of scum on the reclaimation area seems to sort things out over there bang bang your dead

i dont remember seeing many reoffenders for molesting or assalting old people ????? strange that

SL6 in maidenhead is an incredible place,prime real-estate,its got an ACORN 1 status,must be birglars travelling like the M25 gang used to.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

yes just like worsley is next to the east lancs road that leads to liverpud, a straight road for those tea leafing scouser to take

If you look at that list though theres not actually anywhere in Liverpool on the statistics,how far is Ellesmere port?Its fairly close,the last time I remember a burglary around here they had came from West London,gangs are getting more mobile Daves got the right answer but unfortunately in this country you would end up doing a Tony Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    If you look at that list though theres not actually anywhere in Liverpool on the statistics,how far is Ellesmere port?Its fairly close,the last time I remember a burglary around here they had came from West London,gangs are getting more mobile Daves got the right answer but unfortunately in this country you would end up doing a Tony Martin.
    but thats scousers for you, they don't do the dirty on their own door step

Respected Member
    Its odd that Manchester was identified as the most burgled area, yet the only postcode anywhere near in the "top list" was Gtr. Manchester, none in the inner city....how odd

My parents have just installed a brand spanking new alarm system. Its one of those which calls the command centre and police automatically if the alarm is set off, and is activated by a fob

Complete overkill but very cool as far as alarm systems go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes just like worsley is next to the east lancs road that leads to liverpud, a straight road for those tea leafing scouser to take
    I blame those lot from Salford! Sorry, Solfod

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I blame those lot from Salford! Sorry, Solfod
    a manc making fun of Salford are u sure you've not got scouser blood in you

whats wrong with Salford

Banned
    a manc making fun of Salford are u sure you've not got scouser blood in you

whats wrong with Salford

Ordsall & Broughton come to mind

Ordsall & Broughton come to mind
    oh and moss side is such a nice place

Banned
    oh and moss side is such a nice place
    I was raised in Stretford Posh part of Greater Manchester

So strictly speaking, I'm a Traffordian

Sarah Ferguson has just filmed a 2-parter called "The Duchess On The Estate" giving a unique insight into Manchester as a southern softie I look forward to seeing if northerners still dress in flat-caps(or shell suits)and walk their whippets(or pit-bulls)along quaint cobbled streets

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    at least in phils you can defend your property some how finding some piece of scum on the reclaimation area seems to sort things out over there bang bang your dead

i dont remember seeing many reoffenders for molesting or assalting old people ????? strange that
    Yeah, seems a crazy law here that you have to make your burglar a cup of tea and instead of getting the bugger out whether or not it be in one piece

I was raised in Stretford Posh part of Greater Manchester

So strictly speaking, I'm a Traffordian
    is that the place they have curtains in the windows and glass panels in the front doors that are not smashed

not far from me, yes your not even a real manc but a Traffordian

BN3 HOVE was the one that shocked me!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Thread Information