Thread: I was embarrased!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I bought 2 mobiles online on same day but different time.
    After first order approved, I got call from our landline and he said he's from Barclays and there was suspicious buying in my account. I told him I bought something but he's asking some of my personal details and I refused.

The next day, I got only one 3G delivered and went to M&S to buy something. The cashier said my card is unable to access and locked.
    Luckily I was with hubby and he pays but we both felt embarrassed especially me

I am thinking not to use card in Pinas and will just withdraw cash as I don't want to happen it again.
    you should have told the guy you don't want to give personal details as you dont know where he is calling from,, so you will phone Barclays customer service, and explained to them, and they would have stopped or lifted any block off your card, refusing to answer the guy meant he had no choice but to block it. i'm not saying you should answer him, but you should have called customer service afterwards, and also tell them b4 you go to the phils, so they will not block it then,

asl have a extra card with you, and even better cash is still king !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    Sad to say but you have to ring them again Ate Penny and confirm with them your identities dont be scared they are just doing their job to avoid frausters and identity theft..

Hope you sorted it out as sooon as possible..
    I rang them yesterday and seems I can't still use it. I tried to donate but the graph didn't change. I will just withdraw by monday as I can't able to go to town at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that 'Tol, yep your right ......... imagine if u use that in the phils and that happen while your buying an item .... you know naman some pinays they will say something bad or accussing agad even if they didnt know whats going on.

maybe its better to just use money but becareful of carrying them anywhere in the phils

enjoy your holiday and have fun
    You're right!!! In Pinas they will fast accuse you haha no funds in her card!!!! ehehehhe

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you should have told the guy you don't want to give personal details as you dont know where he is calling from,, so you will phone Barclays customer service, and explained to them, and they would have stopped or lifted any block off your card, refusing to answer the guy meant he had no choice but to block it. i'm not saying you should answer him, but you should have called customer service afterwards, and also tell them b4 you go to the phils, so they will not block it then,

asl have a extra card with you, and even better cash is still king !
    Thanks Joe!
    When I refused to give my details, he said call our office. But he didn't mention that he will block my card.

Thread Information