Thread: ticker

Newbie (Restricted Access)

ticker

hi everyone, just had some dissapointing new's, my filipino gf, who i've known for the last 18months, as, from today, been refused a uk visa on the grounds she will not return to the phillipines after her short stay in the uk, also, her maximum stay, as the uk embassy states, should have been for 15 days, not 3 months, which we applyed for, how can one proove that they will return home when they're visa expire's, we are both so dissapointed, it does'nt pay to be truthfull in this world.

Hya ticker and welcome to the forum
    Sorry to hear about your visa refusal - that's bad news for you and your gf. If only you had joined the forum before you had submitted your application and got advice from the friendly people here.
    I wish you all the luck for the future, keep your chin up,
    Sun.

Respected Member
    hi ticker, first of all welcome here
    and sorry about your gf's visa refusal....i know how frustrating it must be for both of you....
    what visa did she apply for by the way? fiancee or tourist?
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

hiya!just want to say welcome here to the forumsorry about to hear ur gf visa refusal

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi sun shine, hi sophie, i was down to sponsor her visit to the uk, all my paperwork was in order, it was this returning home policy they have which caused the problem, also this 15 day visit, which i knew nothing about, oh well, i'll be returning to the phillipines in a fortnights time, just hope we have more luck soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    hi everyone, just had some dissapointing new's, my filipino gf, who i've known for the last 18months, as, from today, been refused a uk visa on the grounds she will not return to the phillipines after her short stay in the uk, also, her maximum stay, as the uk embassy states, should have been for 15 days, not 3 months, which we applyed for, how can one proove that they will return home when they're visa expire's, we are both so dissapointed, it does'nt pay to be truthfull in this world.
    ... and a very y Welcome to the forum, 'ticker'!

Sorry to learn about your long-term girlfriend's predicament.

You haven't mentioned the type of visa your girlfriend applied for ... although, if I'm not mistaken, I would surmise it probably fell within the 'Tourist/Visitor' category; in which case, I can't say I am entirely surprised at the outcome as - sadly - this type is extremely difficult [if not well-nigh impossible] to obtain these days unless there is "cast-iron" *evidence to ascertain that an applicant will return to his/her own country by the date of its expiry. *A prime example that springs to mind, might be a letter from one's employer(s) authorising leave of absence for the specific duration of time needed ... backed up by confirmation that he/she (the employee) fully intends to/will be able to resume work following the proposed visit.

But, even then, it's doubtful that such an application would be approved, given the current economic "climate" in the United Kingdom.

And so, in the circumstances, I would suggest looking into the infinitely more viable options available ... namely, applying for either a Fiancee or Spousal Visa. Each of those has a much lesser chance of refusal, and there is a wealth of information on BOTH, which can be easily accessed through THIS site, by using the appropriate 'Search' facility.

Thread Information