Thread: ticker

Newbie (Restricted Access)

ticker

hi everyone, thank's for the reply's i received yesterday, after my gf uk visa refusal, the visa we applyed for, was that i would sponsor her for her duration in the uk, i know people have said, apply for a spouse/fiance visa, my gf is still legally married, but as been separated for the last 18 month's, so i think, spouse/fiance visa is out of the question, or am i wrong? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    so you applied for a visitors visa??? i done that 3 times dont bother spending anymore money

Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    hi everyone, thank's for the reply's i received yesterday, after my gf uk visa refusal, the visa we applyed for, was that i would sponsor her for her duration in the uk, i know people have said, apply for a spouse/fiance visa, my gf is still legally married, but as been separated for the last 18 month's, so i think, spouse/fiance visa is out of the question, or am i wrong? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Ticker..

I am not an immigration pro, but logic tells me that she should not apply for a finacee visa. As you said, she is still married. Fiancee visa is for those who can marry within a certain period of time. In your case, or her case, there's not even a guarantee that she can marry you within the time frame specified by the visa. This could be the reason why her visit visa has been refused as well.

Surely, someone here can give a more technical answer.

Welcome by the way!
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    Sounds like you've got a long way to go before she'll get any sort of visa. I think she'll probably have to get an annulment first which is very long and quite expensive process in the Philippines, but if you've already decided that she's the one, then the only thing to do is to to bite the bullet, get her to find an attorney and get on with it. As Trader Dave said, don't waste your money on applying again for visit visa because only a very low percentage of visit visa applications are approved. Best to save your money for the annulment........ you'll need it.

Iain.

Your GF's position.

Please do not waste any more of your money applying for visa's for the United Kingdom, if your GF is legally married to a.n.other in the Philippines, then by virtue of this, you are not able to apply for a marriage visa, (a spouse visa is out of the question since you are not married)

If your GF'S Visitor visa was declined, a tourist visa does not attract the right of appeal, unless the visitor is a relative of the person in the UK who is presently settled and living in the UK.

Although the Entry Clearance Officer is under no obligation to give a reason for the refusal to issue a visa, it is more than likely that the reason would be best described in that your GF's reasons for visiting the UK, represent a clear and present danger of flight risk.

If this is the case, then the Entry Clearance Officer has decided based on the information on the tourist visitor application, that he or she is not satisfied that your GF intends to return to the Philippines at the end of her stay, one of the ways in that this often happens is when the tourist applicant names a potential relationship partner as her contact in the UK.

I am sorry to hear your GF'S Visa has been declined, although this may involve long term pain and waiting for circumstances to change, my advice to you is to either assist your GF to obtain a Legal Anulment of her marriage in the Philippines, a long and lengthy and expensive process.

Or quite simply, if your desire is to find a partner from the Philippines for the purposes of companionship akin to marriage, then find a single lady to fit the bill, there are millions of them.

Best of Luck.

Thread Information