Thread: Sex-linked lexicology.............

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sex-linked lexicology.............

Myth?Someone said to me today,well asked the question "Do I ever shut up"?I know I speak in my sleep but theres an assertion that women chat more than Guys women speak an average of 30,000 words a day? Compare this with an average of 12,000 a day for men?Is that true?Just wondering thats all,I mean we have all heard of the mean moody sullen types right?But what about the twitters,chatters,and generally loquacious guys?Do you chat more than your spouse?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Do you chat more than your spouse?
    If you ask my husband that question, he will answer a very strong "hell no!"
    My husband is definitely the quiet one in our marriage, but don't all men always are??
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    if you ask my husband that question, he will answer a very strong "hell no!"
    My husband is definitely the quiet one in our marriage, but don't all men always are??:erm::erm:
    no

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    no
    LOL, that's the first so i assume you talk more than your wife then
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    LOL, that's the first so i assume you talk more than your wife then
    my hubby he never stop talking,he talk to everyone
    i am the quit one

Dare I say, my wife and I are BOTH friendly, outgoing types ... and proud of it!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    my hubby he never stop talking,he talk to everyone
    i am the quit one
    LOL, another exception, hehehe......and i thought all women talk more than men, i might be wrong, i guess it's not a myth then tawi

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    lol, that's the first :d:d So i assume you talk more than your wife then :erm::erm::d:d:d:d
    no

It appears that when Filipina's a speaking to each other in their native tongue, they are under the impression they are going to drop dead within the next minute and so they have to get through as many words as quickly as possible.
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Between Kevin and I -he is the one who has more things to say...especially on the argument.

I used to say to me that his a nagging man. I try not to say much during argument as I dont believe in adding flame to the fire. But when I start talking then he knows he will be in trouble
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    It appears that when Filipina's a speaking to each other in their native tongue, they are under the impression they are going to drop dead within the next minute and so they have to get through as many words as quickly as possible.
    Very True!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    And here's me thinking it was just my wife who was doing that

I always put it down to her saving "load" on her phone.
    Funny that she always spoke to me very slowly when she was in the Philippines and I was paying for the call in the UK

Banned
    Myth?Someone said to me today,well asked the question "Do I ever shut up"?I know I speak in my sleep but theres an assertion that women chat more than Guys women speak an average of 30,000 words a day? Compare this with an average of 12,000 a day for men?Is that true?Just wondering thats all,I mean we have all heard of the mean moody sullen types right?But what about the twitters,chatters,and generally loquacious guys?Do you chat more than your spouse?
    We only speak about interesting things though

Banned
    have never met a pilipina who could not talk anyone else under the table yet yap yap yap rabbit rabbit rabbit ffs slow down stop shouting on that phone

Banned
    hahaha.... i remember when my mom and i were in the car talking... my bf suddenly blurted out and say "ladies, ladies.. calm down please.. no need to argue"... but we weren't arguing!!.. just told him that we were talking "animatedly".... LOL

My husband says im a blabber mouth total lie
    He too thinks in phils we speak loud, always texting and on the phone.
    I remember i was talking on mobile to my father in manila i didnt noticed that
    i was talking out loud in waray-waray, he tells me to stop coz
    everyone looking at me with eyes rolling

Hey tawi2.
    It depends. My husband is more chatty to anyone than me.If you must know.He like to talk to everything from politics to anything.He is very strong man.I am quite one.

Thread Information