Thread: Found the real friend...

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar

Smile Found the real friend...

Well just want to share with you all that I am very happy and same as blessed that I have found a real friend. But the odd thing here is that she is my husband's ex partner. I am very proud that though she is an ex and have a daughter with Kevin, she became a very good friend of mine.

It all started few years ago, this is when Kevin had introduced me to his young daughter who is at same age as my eldest. Then I was as well introduced to his ex (only through YM), then since then we constantly chat with each other. Sharing our thoughts about the children and same as plans for the future. We became very close last May when Kevin was arrested as she was the first person I even contacted.

Since then no days that would pass without us chatting and calling each other. She is the one helping me get through with the FCO to get help and same us to mediate between me and Kevin's family (as we are not really in good terms). Everytime I need someone to talk too she is the first person I know I can relay on...same as her, every time she is having short-comings I am the first person she looks for.

I am proud and happy that though Kevin and her had a past the three of us became good friends and she is a real friend to me and same with her.

Just wondering...how many of you there are lucky to be in good friendship with your husband/wife's ex?
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    Well just want to share with you all that I am very happy and same as blessed that I have found a real friend. But the odd thing here is that she is my husband's ex partner. I am very proud that though she is an ex and have a daughter with Kevin, she became a very good friend of mine.

It all started few years ago, this is when Kevin had introduced me to his young daughter who is at same age as my eldest. Then I was as well introduced to his ex (only through YM), then since then we constantly chat with each other. Sharing our thoughts about the children and same as plans for the future. We became very close last May when Kevin was arrested as she was the first person I even contacted.

Since then no days that would pass without us chatting and calling each other. She is the one helping me get through with the FCO to get help and same us to mediate between me and Kevin's family (as we are not really in good terms). Everytime I need someone to talk too she is the first person I know I can relay on...same as her, every time she is having short-comings I am the first person she looks for.

I am proud and happy that though Kevin and her had a past the three of us became good friends and she is a real friend to me and same with her.

Just wondering...how many of you there are lucky to be in good friendship with your husband/wife's ex?
    My wife gets along very well with my ex-wife. Because my ex-wife and I have 2 grown up children, there are of course lots of social and family occasions where they both attend. Life's to short for petty jealousies and my ex-wife and I have been divorced for 27 years.

Iain.

Its always good to have a rock to reciprocally lean on in times of hardship,its never a bad thing to have someone in your corner

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Wow very good BD. it is really good to have a support system u know..im impressed that u manage to make friends with Kev's ex... I just hope that someday u would be friends with Kev's family too Family and friends can be a real life saver in times of troubles.
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Its always good to have a rock to reciprocally lean on in times of hardship,its never a bad thing to have someone in your corner

Precisely im lucky to find my hunny who is my bestfriend, my everything .....
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

The last thing I'd call it is LUCKY!!!

We dumped them for a reason! Usually along the lines of; we hate them!
    Keith - Administrator

I admire the friendship you have with your husband's ex, you're very lucky. You're one of those few I've met who are friends with the ex. It wouldn't have worked in my situation and I am sure it will never work.

For instance my husband's ex is a Nigerian (I have nothing against them as I am never a racist and have a lot of close friends from Uni who are of the same race). She is a difficult person and was one of the reasons I almost walked out on Trev (thank God I didn't). She made life difficult for us when the relationship just started...she has now mellowed but occassionally screws up but I am used to it now. It took me a long time to adjust and looking back it was one of the hardest parts of my being in the UK.

She will always be a part of Trev's life as they have a son and is still young which I totally understand. And I think I will have to try and understand a bit more...it is never easy though, it requires a lot of patience and undestanding...

I really am happy for you, you know. You are one lucky woman!!!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Banned

Talking

you are indeed lucky most of the storys i hear about exs are horror storys

i know for a fact that MRS T will not be interested in making friends with my ex's

Banned
    you are lucky BD.. you found the love of your life.. you got kids.. you are healthy.. what more can you ask for? There are a lot of things to be thankful for...

I just want to say though that Tawi's avatar is really disturbing... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post

LOL i didnt notice it

Is it?Sorry Florge,I will change it,its two insects being friendly,hold on Decisions....decisions....what to replace them with

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

you are lucky BD.. you found the love of your life.. you got kids.. you are healthy.. what more can you ask for? There are a lot of things to be thankful for...

tawi2 always changes his avatar
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Thank you Florge, i guess i am very lucky as i found Kevin and a good friend like his ex (her birthday is same with me too)

Only one more thing I would like above all this...Kevin's freedom

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    I admire the friendship you have with your husband's ex, you're very lucky. You're one of those few I've met who are friends with the ex. It wouldn't have worked in my situation and I am sure it will never work.

For instance my husband's ex is a Nigerian (I have nothing against them as I am never a racist and have a lot of close friends from Uni who are of the same race). She is a difficult person and was one of the reasons I almost walked out on Trev (thank God I didn't). She made life difficult for us when the relationship just started...she has now mellowed but occassionally screws up but I am used to it now. It took me a long time to adjust and looking back it was one of the hardest parts of my being in the UK.

She will always be a part of Trev's life as they have a son and is still young which I totally understand. And I think I will have to try and understand a bit more...it is never easy though, it requires a lot of patience and undestanding...

I really am happy for you, you know. You are one lucky woman!!!
    Im sad to hear that...I hope she will then realise soon that better to be civil with you

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    you are indeed lucky most of the storys i hear about exs are horror storys

i know for a fact that MRS T will not be interested in making friends with my ex's
    Mrs. T is still young, I think age will mature her too

You are lucky though as you found a young and nice lovely wife Dave

Quote Originally Posted by D&G View Post
    Precisely im lucky to find my hunny who is my bestfriend, my everything .....
    ...and having that is more than winning the lotto

It's nice to hear your story Charlene, it's like Bruce Willis - Demi Moore - Ashton Kutcher.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    It's nice to hear your story Charlene, it's like Bruce Willis - Demi Moore - Ashton Kutcher.
    Agreed, but without the weirdness, or the millions... Or the press in your faces... Or without the.. Joking It is good that you two get along and can support each other

You mean Kevins going to run around barefoot in a dirty vest shooting abu sayaf and shouting "Yipee kayay mother****er" and charlene is going to shave her head and apply to join the Navy Seals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    You mean Kevins going to run around barefoot in a dirty vest shooting abu sayaf and shouting "Yipee kayay mother****er" and charlene is going to shave her head and apply to join the Navy Seals
    It could happen

Respected Member

That's really nice that you'are getting along really well with kevin's ex and even struck up a close friendship with her
    You don't get that a lot these days i suppose, lol from what i've seen, most ex's specially ex-wives are not in good terms with the present wife, lol
    or most of the time, they are just civil to each other and probably not going the friendship road or best of friends, lol
    just an observation though, i cannot really talk from experience since my hubby has never been married before,
    so no ex-wife for me to deal with, and no ex-gf's around the corner either.....
    I guess hubby made sure he's got a clean slate huh lol, so no ghost to hunt him or me, lol
    But on a serious note, i can say my hubby is such a gentleman and a good guy, so i'm sure his ex-gf''s can still speak highly of him....
    The relationship with them may have ended, but it did not end badly...
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned

Exclamation

Danger potential accident black spot ahead.. !!

Thread Information