Thread: Miss Philippines gears for Miss Universe main event

Miss Philippines gears for Miss Universe main event

Bahamas – The cheering squad of Miss Philippines Bianca Manalo is complete.

Her parents, Emily and Rod, arrived here, together with her beauty queen aunt, Nini Ramos Licaros, to show their support to Bianca who is vying for the Miss Universe 2009 crown.

Bianca's two sisters, Kyle and Kate, also flew to the Bahamas with their husbands. They had a tough time getting a visa but they said there was no way they would miss this year’s Miss Universe pageant.

Emily and Rod said they are both excited and nervous as they asked for the support of the Filipinos and their prayers for their daughter’s success.

Bianca's father said he is thrilled because Bianca is his second daughter to make it to a prestigious beauty pageant. Kate was a finalist in the Miss World 2002.

Just like Kate, he said he believes Bianca will represent the Philippines well.

Nini, who was a Miss International semi-finalist in 1968, on the other hand, said she is impressed with Bianca's transformation since winning the Binibining Pilipinas title.

She predicted that Bianca will be strong in the swimsuit and question-and-answer portion.

Bianca was very happy to be reunited with her No. 1 support group and inspiration - her family.

They had a little bit of time to chat. Her family gave her a kiss and hug for luck. Bianca again asked for the prayers and support of her countrymen.

On the eve of the coronation night, Bianca and all the candidates spent almost the entire day rehearsing for the grand show that will be viewed by an estimated one billion audience all around the world.

Lights and cameras are all in place at the Imperial Ballroom at the Atlantis Hotel, the venue for the pageant.

It’s been 36 years since the Philippines won the Miss Universe courtesy of Margie Moran in 1973. Bianca hopes to break the long drought and bring back the prestigious crown to the Philippines.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertain...rse-main-event
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Go Miss Philippines!! Hope we win!
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

I really hope that she gets the title, she got the body and brain..

Goodluck Bianca!!!Bring home the bacon..

She doesn't look like a Filipina to me!

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Go Philippines....
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Banned
    My Rizza looks better than her

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    She doesn't look like a Filipina to me!
    I thought that as soon as I saw the pic But none of the "Beauty queens" normally do,they cherrypick mestisas or chinese blooded to represent pinas,the same as all their newscasters look whiter than me sometimes

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

My fiancee is more beautiful than that for sure!
    I do think its poor that they seem to feel that the features and character that make filipinas unique in looks should be completely overlooked when picking people for a beauty event.
    I can never understand teh whole skin whitening thing either. Its always made me uncomfortable shopping in manila - I feel like I'm being served by ghosts!

I had a half japanese/pinay girlfriend years ago,incredible looker,like the lord had taken a guys fantasies and reproduced a one off limited-edition model,she was an F1 high maintenance female with eyes like fire and hair like a shampoo commercial,but she was incredibly dark maybe attributable to her lineage and she spent most days on the beach,proved I have good taste(she also had taste,she dumped me and married a much older guy from the states)in women,BUT pinoy guys wouldnt look twice at her,said she was too dark If you took her to europe she would be sitting in the passanger seat of a ferrari within a month,very classy but to pinoys she was the wrong colour

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thread Information