Thanks Chrisirene and thanks Pete for that alarming introduction, don’t worry it will not spoil my Christmas.. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind paying for high council tax as long as I know it will not be wasted. I know Britain is a relatively expensive place to live with London being one of the most expensive cities in Europe but I hope it is proportionately better than elsewhere although it’s difficult to make direct comparison between the cost of living in different countries. The amount of what we pay for living is already astronomical and has gone up well above inflation every year for as long as I can remember and it is an international issue. Even here, you can’t find a Filipino who can say he’s contented with the way things are going in his own country. I live in reality and we should all do, but I believe there is a lot more to see and to learn and you are right when you’re there, work hard.. save a lot (if you can) and find a nice place to live. (if you’re lucky..) and love your family.