Thread: Money in account

Respected Member

Money in account

Hi, i have recently started the visa process for my wife to come and visit my family here in uk. We have 2 children together in the philippines. 3 and 4 years old. The children will not be joining her this time. I really dont know much about the visa process, but i have some information by migration expert.com she will be coming on a family visa. My question is. How much money should be in her account there to satisfy immigration. After all she will be staying here with her family. I support her over there, i have good job. But she does not work, so surely they dont expect her to have big money. She only plans to stay around 6 weeks here. I would appreciate peoples comments on this.
    Many thanks
    sheldon

Hi Sheldon,
    To be honest I don't think they will be interested in her finances, it's your finances that they'll be scutinising.
    Iain.

hello and welcome to the forum sheldon1 your wife will only visit here in the uk? and she's applying for a family visit visa? if that so her chances of having her visa depends upon how you show your support to her as well as her intentions to come back to the Philippines. I think you have to show on your side your financial capabilities by means of bank statements showing savings, your capacity to house her when she's in the uk (accommodation), letter of support and kind of letter might also help from your family stating that they are keen for her to visit here in the uk, and the relationship you have with her
    ( marriage certificate) and on her side to be safe any properties and savings...and oh your children are still there so that is also a weight that she will really return after her 6 weeks visit. Our co-members here will add more soon to help you with it...so cheers and goodluck.

she will be ok if she has no money its you thay look at to see if you can support her in the uk

Respected Member

Question interview

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    Hi, i have recently started the visa process for my wife to come and visit my family here in uk. We have 2 children together in the philippines. 3 and 4 years old. The children will not be joining her this time. I really dont know much about the visa process, but i have some information by migration expert.com she will be coming on a family visa. My question is. How much money should be in her account there to satisfy immigration. After all she will be staying here with her family. I support her over there, i have good job. But she does not work, so surely they dont expect her to have big money. She only plans to stay around 6 weeks here. I would appreciate peoples comments on this.
    Many thanks
    sheldon
    my wife in the philippines is getting nervous awaiting her interview in manila. can any members who have been in this position give me an idea of what actually happens in the interview and what is said? also reference my personal circumstances here in uk. will immigration contact me regarding my ability to support her, or will she have to have all my deatails there to show at interview. many thanks sheldon

Thread Information