Thread: Visa Success

Visa Success

Hi Folks,

My Fiancee finally got her Visa yesterday so now we're planning the SMEF-COW and CFO sessions.

I wantto make sure I have the right, she has to attend the SMEF-COW first then attend the CFO (with the certificate from the SMEF-COW).

Also, what is the VALID ID with photograph she requires for the CFO, she has her passport, learners driving licence, NBI and Birth Certificate. I cant see a list of the accepted IDs on the CFO website.

Any help would be very grateful.

Niels

Congratulations! Ours went in on the same day so I can only hope its on its way too.

Quote Originally Posted by nielsfjords View Post
    Hi Folks,

My Fiancee finally got her Visa yesterday so now we're planning the SMEF-COW and CFO sessions.

I wantto make sure I have the right, she has to attend the SMEF-COW first then attend the CFO (with the certificate from the SMEF-COW).

Also, what is the VALID ID with photograph she requires for the CFO, she has her passport, learners driving licence, NBI and Birth Certificate. I cant see a list of the accepted IDs on the CFO website.

Niels
    CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU.
    These valid ID's with photographs can be your fiancee's Social Security Services ID (which we filipinos normally have), it can also be her Voter's ID, her employment ID (if she is working in a company etc..)
    When I attended the CFO seminar at Mother Euphrasia in Quezon City, I dont remember that they asked any valid identification from me. But anyway, maybe you would still want to wait for other member's opinion

Cheers to you!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Congratulations! Ours went in on the same day so I can only hope its on its way too.
    hi JMAC you could be the next to get the visa approved
    cheers! hang on to your faith and patience

Hi Folks,

Niels
    As far as i can remember she needs to know your educational back ground,family back ground like middle names,your address,postal code,your picture together,copy of your passport,her passport,id's in filling up forms before seminar started.They look at it during the interview....there are many members here will add some more.You can also call cfo before attending seminar.Its what I did.Where will your fiance attend cfo seminar if you dont mind me asking...I was in Cebu,maybe diffrent in Manila.

Respected Member
    Congratulations to both of you!

When I applied for the change of my passport because of my marital status, I was asked to attend the seminar on guidance & counseling for Filipino Spouses and other Partners of Foreign Nationals at PRISM (Peoples Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization) office - in Taft, Manila. After which I was awarded the Certificate of Attendance. Then on the same day, I was directed to go to CFO for the registration and got a green paper certificate (another certificate). But my registration is not yet complete since I don't have my visa yet. I was asked to go back when I have it already for the sticker to be affixed in my passport as proof of registration.

But since your fiance has the visa already, she'll all get this.

Fort the ID. What I presented (at PRISM office) was just a photocopy of my driver's license and my company ID (both have my pictures in it)

Hope that helps. =)

Good Luck to both again.

Hi Niels, congratulations to you both, well done
    Jiri & Maricel

Congratulations to both of you

Hi Pat, She is going to the Manila CFO office.

My congratulations to you both,sorry its late,better late than never hehehe.Maybe different in Manila....

Hi Folks,

Niels
    y Congratulations to you and your fiancee, Niels. Like Pat, my wife attended the Seminar in Cebu ... where the format is in accordance with what SHE [Pat] has outlined ...

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    As far as i can remember she needs to know your educational back ground,family back ground like middle names,your address,postal code,your picture together,copy of your passport,her passport,id's in filling up forms before seminar started.They look at it during the interview....there are many members here will add some more.You can also call cfo before attending seminar.Its what I did.Where will your fiance attend cfo seminar if you dont mind me asking...I was in Cebu,maybe diffrent in Manila.

Hi Folks,

Niels
    congratulation to both of you!
    all things are possible!

Congratulations!!! woo woo!! Another visa granted! Great News!!

congratulations to u both..good to know we have loads of successful visa recently..

Respected Member
    Hi Folks,

Niels
    Congratulations to you and your fiancee neil
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

congratulations welcome in advance to the uk....

Mine, was the same of yours Pat.

Congratulationwell done

About CFO remind her your mother's maiden name in order to complete the form as what PAT mentioned is almost similar in Manila procedure, and tell her to relax and arrive early so she can take the 1st session processGoodluck and have a safe trip to your fiancee
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Yes, Pat's right coz I was in Cebu too..Also you need to know the address of hubby's workplace coz it's in the form. But to be sure let ur fiancee phone the CFO, they might have some new requirements needed..Good luck and hope your fiancee will have a safe trip soon

Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    Congratulationwell done

About CFO remind her your mother's maiden name in order to complete the form as what PAT mentioned is almost similar in Manila procedure, and tell her to relax and arrive early so she can take the 1st session processGoodluck and have a safe trip to your fiancee
    Not only that, but what college (or uni) you were studying and what course...
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member
    Congratulations to you and ur fiancee
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Hi Folks,

Niels
    CONGRATULATIONS..........
    .the valid id's that CFO asking is an identification card with pix....so drivers license id is accepted...then be sure that she knows your mum's maiden name...and also your work...i just attend \cfo in \cebu last august 26, and had a flight going her (UK) august 27......i'm here now in UK,,,,,,,

Congratulations !!!
    Louella & Iain.

Thread Information