Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rizza got Robbed

Banned

Rizza got Robbed

After having a late night last night (thanks in part to my neighbours last night), I woke up very late today. To 10 text messages from Rizza!

She was upset because some snatched her phone. The story as I can get it from her, was that she was holding her phone when some guy came up, grabbed it from her hands and ran away, but there was also some wording of a knife being displayed or she may have just feared for it. Well, I calmed her down and told her she did the right thing by just letting it go. After all, she is far more important than a phone

And tomorrow we will get a new phone, cheap and cheerful. And carry on as normal. Rizza was also upset as I had my phone on silent (due to working in a call centre) and did not wake up to answer her text messages, so she spent numerous hours worried that I was angry with her or something like that

Also, the snatcher. If her reads her text messages will know she has a western boyfriend! Would this make her a target for these thieves?

Banned
    how did she manage to text you when her phone got stolen anyway?

Banned
    She is staying with her cousin and has her phone.

Respected Member
    Sorry to hear about what happened to rizza northerner, what's important is, she was not hurt
    and it was a wise decision that she did not struggle with the snatcher and just let go and gave the phone.
    Anyway, as for your question, i don't think she will be targeted again, its probably just a random snatching
    and she just happen to be there and a convenient target since she's a woman and less likely to fight back.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Unlucky day for both of you.. but you're right, as long that she wasn't harm then I guess nothing she can do now. Just learn the lesson to what happened and be carefull next time.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Banned
    oh well... it happens all the time... is rizza working?

good thing she can remember your phone number... with all those numbers eh?!

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Lesson: There are morons even in paradise!!

Hope she is OK and not daunted by this sickening act of stupidity!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

.:

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned

Talking

i always view everything with a degree of suspicion

and i know this is not one of those dodgy ones ......HUNNY i have had my phone stolen can you buy me a new one I HAVE been looking at an iphone THEY LOOK NICE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Prophetic We were only chatting about this earlier in the week over Pacifics iphone rememberLucky she just let the Phone go,many people are stabbed or shot each year in Pinas by Hold-uppers and snatchers,you might get a few dodgy TXT messages from the snatcher but it wont go any worse than that Get a low-value phone that no self-respecting snatcher would even sully his hands on like my 3310,it works and it doesnt scream out "Snatch me" whenever a ne'er-do-well saunters past

send some txt messages to her phone telling the piece of sh*t that he stole your girls phone and if you ever catch him you will chop him into little pieces and feed him to the pigs

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    She doesn't want to buy a new phone, still a little shaken up. But, I am happy she just let it go. The guy got himself a newish phone, and she is shaken but okay.

Although, I am not going to be flashing the cash when I get there I would think I might not look too easy a target for these people. I don't carry myself like a victim and I can look a bit rough sometimes Hence, I did a short stint as a doorman.

But she is okay. We will talk more about it tomorrow after she finishes work.

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    She doesn't want to buy a new phone, still a little shaken up. But, I am happy she just let it go. The guy got himself a newish phone, and she is shaken but okay.

Although, I am not going to be flashing the cash when I get there I would think I might not look too easy a target for these people. I don't carry myself like a victim and I can look a bit rough sometimes Hence, I did a short stint as a doorman.

Well, good to hear that she is ok and only her mobile snatch for that time not all her things as it is really bad news then .. just tell her need to be careful always as many for now do lots of businesses just to earn the amount for not working hard

Banned

Talking

mate you only have to be above 5ft 6 and you tower above everyone i am only a short **** but even i look big there

but with everything that we say i still feel safer in the phils than i do here in places

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    mate you only have to be above 5ft 6 and you tower above everyone i am only a short **** but even i look big there

but with everything that we say i still feel safer in the phils than i do here in places
    Exactly Rizza is 5,1 and quite petite. And if someone wanted to try and snatch from somebody it would be a lady of her build. I think they would think twice before they had a go at me, or were armed Just like I'll never march up to Mike Tyson screaming "ave it" Unless I was tooled up like a !

Banned

Talking

He has probably flung the SIM already dave depending how much was on it and sold the phone on to its new owner,could be worse,she could have suffered the mental trauma of a jeepney hold-up,I know someone who has been in a few of those in Manila It tells you something about the state of a country when even the McDonalds have armed guards

still rather take my chances in manila than some parts of london

jeepney holdup never seen it yet what would i do ..... dont know untill it happens dont realy worry about those things but saying that never let the guard down

friend of mine had his gold neckless stolen in a squatters area in cebu [pratt for not covering it] anyway they went back with some local guys who know all the snatchers and got it back

i know people in manila you put your order in and normaly they deliver in a week or two laptops ,phones ,jewelry snatch or burgalry to order

Banned
    I know a guy in QC who would kill you to order,he is actually a very personable geezer,even got twinkly eyes that crinkle at the edges when he smiles
    Some scary people out there! Think I'll be watching mine and Rizza's back but staying chilled

Right lads....get the baseball bats packed.....Northerner is buying our tickets so we can get the lovely ladies phone back
    Keith - Administrator

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Right lads....get the baseball bats packed.....Northerner is buying our tickets so we can get the lovely ladies phone back
    Like a bad Van Dame movie! "Cebu City Shakedown"

Thanks for the laugh boss

Banned
    Exactly Rizza is 5,1 and quite petite. And if someone wanted to try and snatch from somebody it would be a lady of her build. I think they would think twice before they had a go at me, or were armed Just like I'll never march up to Mike Tyson screaming "ave it" Unless I was tooled up like a !

my opinion is the majority of those snatchers will run a mile if you or i stood up and said BOOOOOOOOO it is not like the uk hard to explain but its not

you are safer there than you are here thats the way i feel there others may disagree as you say dont look the victim if you got tatooes as well it would make them think i know a few snatchers they are mostly opportunists dont want any trouble pick on women especialy if the women looks like she has a foreign boyfriend if you want to walk AROUND SHOWING OFF COVERED IN JEWELRY THEN A WOMEN WILL BE TARGETED or a guy come to that

you can quite often notice a foregners girl because she wants to show off STOP IT BEFORE IT STARTS

WHY DO SOME PILIPINA HAVE TO DO THAT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    you can quite often notice a foregners girl because she wants to show off STOP IT BEFORE IT STARTS

WHY DO SOME PILIPINA HAVE TO DO THAT
    I read in an earlier post by Pete, of the showing off process. Pinays are proud to have a western boyfriend so will parade him round. Maybe it is the same with Jewellery and stuff Maybe they like to show off to people that they have a good future

Banned
    I read in an earlier post by Pete, of the showing off process. Pinays are proud to have a western boyfriend so will parade him round. Maybe it is the same with Jewellery and stuff Maybe they like to show off to people that they have a good future
    this is what it is like .....many say to MRS T oooooooooo why you still look very simple YOU HAVE ENGLISH HUSBAND NOW her answer ..... because i am not a show off .

my advice get that firmly in her mind now DONT BE A SHOW OFF

and thats why many pilipina argue its about status

Banned
    Well, I don't think Rizza is that sort of woman, just based on things she has told me.. Was just saying

Not my cup of tea, a high maintenance woman ....not that I could afford it anyway.

Sorry about your upset Northerner....hope she's ok

Respected Member
    I suppose it depends on the filipina
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Glad she is unhurt and its only a phone as other say

Rizza I know you log on in here. From the experience with my Wife while in Phill she lived away from home for a while. Luckily she just used the basics while there on her own. Preferred to spend more on top ups so we could chat n text.
    We still do the same for her family nothing flash but will never want for nothing. We dont want people we care and love to be put at risk.

Take care and Mr North and Rizza make sure you ensure you talk it though if needed and make sure it doesn't effect you long term.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I suppose it depends on the filipina
    I agree with you Sophie.
    When in doubt, mumble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information