Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rizza got Robbed

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
    I agree with you Sophie.
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    *good thing she can remember your phone number... with all those numbers eh?!
    As others have already implied, this guy's action smacks of being little more than an 'opportunist theft' by some moronic passer-by who grabbed Rizza's mobile phone ... perhaps on impulse ... because it happened to be handy at the time and the temptation was too great to resist.

Even so, the very fact that it was suddenly, and unexpectedly snatched from her grasp would, in itself, be bound to have a trumatising effect on the victim. Thank God, she was otherwise unharmed, and none the worse of her ordeal.

One *[curiously positive] aspect - that hasn't escaped my notice - is that YOUR telephone number was not lost from HER memory ... despite her obvious distress ... which, to ME, at any rate, is a clear indication of how much she ALREADY cares about you, because I for one, would have difficulty in remembering MY mobile number ... let alone another person's in NORMAL circumstances!

You've got a real good 'un there mate, and I wish you both all the best in what - even at this early stage - shows signs of blossoming into a very promising relationship.

Banned
    Thanks Guy's,

Truly, there is nothing Rizza needs to worry about when it comes to me and this situation. I know this happens a lot in Cebu and perhaps it is because she is new to Cebu she did not realise of the danger? She is a little shook up or she was yesterday (she will be getting ready for work now) and I will talk more with her when she gets online after work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Thanks Guy's,

Truly, there is nothing Rizza needs to worry about when it comes to me and this situation. I know this happens a lot in Cebu and perhaps it is because she is new to Cebu she did not realise of the danger? She is a little shook up or she was yesterday (she will be getting ready for work now) and I will talk more with her when she gets online after work.

thanks for the up mate she has got to get a little street wise

her life is going to totaly change as she now has a foreigner as a boyfriend [are you here first foreign bf ] this is a hard one to explain

but she will suddenly have PLASTIC FRIENDS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK

or she may have?????

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    thanks for the up mate she has got to get a little street wise

her life is going to totaly change as she now has a foreigner as a boyfriend [are you here first foreign bf ] this is a hard one to explain

but she will suddenly have PLASTIC FRIENDS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK

or she may have?????
    This is one of the hardest things for them it really kills them if they are of a generous nature.

Very hard thing for a simple good person to adjust to.

Jim

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    This is one of the hardest things for them it really kills them if they are of a generous nature.

Very hard thing for a simple good person to adjust to.

Jim

its a crazy thing as i am sure you well know jim i even had the feckers move in i soon read the riot act and stopped that 2 lots funny how these people suddenly become homeless

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    its a crazy thing as i am sure you well know jim i even had the feckers move in i soon read the riot act and stopped that 2 lots funny how these people suddenly become homeless
    yeah I understand

Respected Member
    I'm being impolite jumping in late on in this thread, sorry to hear this happened to Rizza Northerner it is a traumatic experience wherever one is the world. :(

I've never seen a daylight robbery in the Phils but I know they happen.

Worst thing we have been involved in was a possible kidnap threat but the worst thing that's happened to Ana was being about to walk out the door of the building that hosted the old Korean Embassy in Manila just on the corner of Jupiter Street in Makati.

As she walked out the door a gun battle started as armed robbers shot and killed the driver of a van that contained a company payroll.

Full Balaclava and Armalite style attack I think a couple of bystanders were killed that day too :(

She was an emotional wreck for a week or two after that :(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    I'm being impolite jumping in late on in this thread, sorry to hear this happened to Rizza Northerner it is a traumatic experience wherever one is the world. :(
    Thanks Jim, Rizza seems okay now, got her laughing over yahoo at least

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    After having a late night last night (thanks in part to my neighbours last night), I woke up very late today. To 10 text messages from Rizza!

She was upset because some snatched her phone. The story as I can get it from her, was that she was holding her phone when some guy came up, grabbed it from her hands and ran away, but there was also some wording of a knife being displayed or she may have just feared for it. Well, I calmed her down and told her she did the right thing by just letting it go. After all, she is far more important than a phone

And tomorrow we will get a new phone, cheap and cheerful. And carry on as normal. Rizza was also upset as I had my phone on silent (due to working in a call centre) and did not wake up to answer her text messages, so she spent numerous hours worried that I was angry with her or something like that

Also, the snatcher. If her reads her text messages will know she has a western boyfriend! Would this make her a target for these thieves?

Oh dear! i hope Rizza is ok. Cellphone snatching/theft is quite rampant here in the Phils especially in big cities like Metro Manila, Cebu etc. Many indolent bugs sitting around waiting for perfect victims... they really are a menace to our society!

I have seen a lot of snatching incidents but never experience it yet. God forbid! I try not to use or display my phone in public and i dont buy the top of the line phone so i guess that's why the snatchers are not interested
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information