Thread: Granted a spouse visa, can't work for a year? Is this so?

Smile Granted a spouse visa, can't work for a year? Is this so?

Hello everyone, my husband has been granted a spouse visa on the 24th of august 2009. He was been told he can't work, he need to be dependent for about a year, then he can apply for a job.. is this so? I thought once a spouse been granted a visa, they can work straightaway on their arrival to the UK.

Enlighten me.
    Thanks,
    lontaly151206

Hello... i arrived on a spouse visa here in the uk too, spouse visa can work anytime ..as long as one applied/gotten a national insurance number.

Quote Originally Posted by lontaly151206 View Post
    Hello everyone, my husband has been granted a spouse visa on the 24th of august 2009. He was been told he can't work, he need to be dependent for about a year, then he can apply for a job.. is this so? I thought once a spouse been granted a visa, they can work straightaway on their arrival to the UK.

Enlighten me.
    Thanks,
    lontaly151206
    "Benefits
    A UK spouse visa allows a person with settled status in Great Britain to bring their spouse to join them in the Country. The applicant will be able to seek and take up employment in the United Kingdom as soon as the document is granted without the need to arrange a UK work permit. British marriage visas do not place any restrictions upon the type of work that can be undertaken."

Read more...http://www...........s.com/uk_immigr...iage_visa.html
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Enlighten me.
    Thanks,
    lontaly151206
    are you both filipino? if so i think that is right
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    are you both filipino? if so i think that is right
    Nope, I am Brit. My husband is. Apparently, CFO told him that he is not allowed to work until after a year?

I have a friend at work whose husband was granted a visa 2 months ago, and he is presently working with us.

Nope, I am Brit. My husband is. Apparently, CFO told him that he is not allowed to work until after a year?

I have a friend at work whose husband was granted a visa 2 months ago, and he is presently working with us.
    He can work straightaway once he is here. So dont worry about that.
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Hi, spouse visa can work once they arrive in UK only those on fiancee visa can't work when they arrive in UK, hope that helps

He just need to get a National Insurance number

yes he can work straight away
    all things are possible!

Damned CFO! Its primary ... if not, sole [albeit important] function is to give guidance counselling to Filipina wives going to live abroad with their husbands. Purportedly, the reason it exists at all, is to safeguard the welfare of the WOMEN concerned as far as possible.

I may be wrong but, for obvious reasons, I wouldn't have thought it necessary for emigrant HUSBANDS to attend the seminar (but I suppose it's possible for men to be at risk, too ... although common sense would suggest that this is much less likely to be the case).

Whatever, the Commission For Filipinos Overseas has sd all say in the matter as far as whether or not ANY spouse (male or female) is entitled to work in the country he or she is bound for. And you can rest assured that your husband WILL be eligible to take up employment - remunerated or otherwise - from the moment he steps onto British soil.

Exactly! And that's fine ... it's completely within the law ... so please don't concern yourself further on this issue.

[QUOTE=Tiggers0608;169659]Hi, spouse visa can work once they arrive in UK only those on fiancee visa can't work when they arrive in UK, hope that helps Thanks, I don't understand how come CFO was giving a wrong info to my hubby then?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    Hi, spouse visa can work once they arrive in UK only those on fiancee visa can't work when they arrive in UK, hope that helps

He just need to get a National Insurance number
    Apologies for a silly question though, how could i get him a national insurance number? Thanks for your reply.

Apologies for a silly question though, how could i get him a national insurance number? Thanks for your reply.
    If you want to apply for an NI number to start work or make voluntary contributions - Telephone 0845 600 0643 (8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday). Jobcentre Plus will check to make sure:

* that you need a NI number
    * you don’t already have a NI number

Where you don’t have a number but do need one Jobcentre Plus will arrange an Evidence of Identity (EOI) interview for you. Jobcentre Plus will confirm the date, time and location of the interview and will tell you what information/documentation to bring with you.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...ts/DG_10014073
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

with my fellow forumers - CFO is telling pork pies
    If your husband would NOT be allowed for some reason to work in UK it will be CLEARLY written or stamped along his visa in his pasport - something like "No access to public funds/No employment allowed"

So on your place I wouldn't worry about it at all
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    If you want to apply for an NI number to start work or make voluntary contributions - Telephone 0845 600 0643 (8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday). Jobcentre Plus will check to make sure:

* that you need a NI number
    * you don’t already have a NI number

Where you don’t have a number but do need one Jobcentre Plus will arrange an Evidence of Identity (EOI) interview for you. Jobcentre Plus will confirm the date, time and location of the interview and will tell you what information/documentation to bring with you.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...ts/DG_10014073
    You don't actually need to get a National Insurance number to get a job. You can apply for one after you receive a job offer or even once you start working.

That explains it then, if the CFO says it then you know it's gotta be wrong.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    with my fellow forumers - CFO is telling pork pies
    If your husband would NOT be allowed for some reason to work in UK it will be CLEARLY written or stamped along his visa in his pasport - something like "No access to public funds/No employment allowed"

So on your place I wouldn't worry about it at all
    In his visa, it says,
    mult
    spouse visa -cp
    no recourse to public funds
    expires 08/2011

i don't understand why the cfo need to give a wrong info though, making me and my husband confused.

lontaly151206

i don't understand why the cfo need to give a wrong info though, making me and my husband confused.
    It seems to me that these people at the CFO ask lots of silly questions about things they don't even need to know about and spout a lot of garbage about things they only pretend to know about.

lontaly151206
    because they think they're professionals! but they're stupid.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    because they think they're professionals! but they're stupid.
    Totally agree.
    It seems fairly common for an answer to be made up when the correct repsonse isnt known.
    In my experience, this also extends to asking directions of people in Philippines. It doesnt seem uncommon to be sent the wrong way rather than someone to say they dont know.

Thread Information