Thread: Smart Plug & Talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Irobot... " Sunny... Different From The Rest ... "

Hi Peeps... I have no mobile phone or Skype, and i keep in contact with my mates in the Philippines with a computer to mobile program called CHIKKA... free to computer to mobile texting... not sure if it free to mobile to computer though ??... Check it out...Piip
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irobot View Post

Hi Peeps... I have no mobile phone or Skype, and i keep in contact with my mates in the Philippines with a computer to mobile program called CHIKKA... free to computer to mobile texting... not sure if it free to mobile to computer though ??... Check it out...Piip
    Most of the free ones are asymmetric i.e. free one way, very expensive in the other direction, Smart Plug & Talk is symmetric in charging, by virtue of being a remote presence in the Philippines.

For the last six months I have been the one enjoying the cheap deal, my partner was having to pay 20 peso a text because her Philippines phone was roaming in Korea. Here in the UK with my remote presence in the Phils I was still able to text her in Korea for 1 peso a text!

Cheers I will check out Chikka and find out how it works.

Jim

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irobot View Post

We use CHIKKA as well. The problem with CHIKKA is it is more costly for anyone in the Philippines to reply to messages.

One advantage of Smart Plug N' Talk over Chikka is it's ability to send load to mobile phones in the Philippines. My wife sometimes sends load to her sisters (when they don't have load to reply to her...) and where the minimum you can send with Chikka is 30 pesos (costing $1), she now sends 10 pesos (maybe costing £0.15).

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    We use CHIKKA as well. The problem with CHIKKA is it is more costly for anyone in the Philippines to reply to messages.

One advantage of Smart Plug N' Talk over Chikka is it's ability to send load to mobile phones in the Philippines. My wife sometimes sends load to her sisters (when they don't have load to reply to her...) and where the minimum you can send with Chikka is 30 pesos (costing $1), she now sends 10 pesos (maybe costing £0.15).
    The only problem with small denominations of shared load is that they expire really fast.

But you're right it's a useful feature.

Jim

Thread Information