Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
Hi Kenny, Where in Abra is your girl from ? my wife is from La Paz Abra.

Before you go to get married you must visit your local registrars office to get a certificate of no impediment to marry, you will need to make an appointment and then wait for about one month to collect your certificate.
You then take this certificate with you to British Embassy in Manila to have it converted to valid Philippines version (completed while you wait, not sure of the fee PHP 3000ish). Your fiance could start preparing for the wedding before you arrive, the requirements vary from district to district, will you marry in church or civil wedding ?
THank you so so much your help is so very welcome. I thank you for advice about certificate of no impediment. And it seams it must be displayed for 21 days on notice boards before i get it.THe very gray area my friends are money !!!! What does the embassy want to see on my payslips and bank statements ??? Some say they want to see 1500 pouns minimum savings, others say over 2000 ?? And some asian friends from packistan say they want to see six moths of steady savings, and the bank statements must never show you are overdrawn. Ie i may have slipped intoi my agread overdraught of 1500 a few times. Can you Elaberate ?? And when i go there to phils to marry her i wilo use at least 2000 for air tickest and basic weedding. And leave 1500 in my acount at least.THis leaves a 1500 overdraught i can use and the savings left in as 3000 at my disposal to keap Her on arival.PLease help this is a very gray area. regards and respect. kenny and marlyn