Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Guys. Help us please.

Hi Guys. Help us please.

PLease help us with an a to z of exact requirments for my future wife to join me from the philippines . WE where told by consultancy specializing in visa that she will not getr a fiance visa or a visitors visa. So i am going to abra the phils to marry her. PLease help us with detailed list of exactly what we need > Mainly sponcers letters and the financial side. What exactly do the embassy want to see on six months bank satements and my six months bank statements ?? Any help wil be gratefully acsepted. Thanks guts. marlyn and kenny.

Banned
    why won't she get a fiance visa?

please visit this website: http://vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx

Kenny

Why don't you do some research of your own, like other members of this forum, we are here to help in complicated cases, however, use the search function on the site, many of the requirements you ask for has been asked a million times, also have you read the advice at the top of the page it says if you need help, use Pete's site at http:www.british-filipino.com

or use the VFS Global page site as shown in the last post.

hi Peter, so sorry if i upset you. I am just despirit to get my fiance here.I have done loads of resurch peter. One thing recently descoverd is the visa embassy fee is now 585 pounds sterlin.The area wich remains very gray is the money side of it. To many conflicting reports from people !! Most say i need to shopw i have at least 1500 pounds in savings. Some say over 2000 in savings. And again lots say this money must be shown on bank statements as steady growth or savings, and not a lump sum or bank loan.
    I have 4000 to go the phils, fly my fiance back to phils from kuwait, get married, pay visa fees, my fiance return ticket toi uk, hotell bills, and spending money. Please point me in the right direction. THanks so much peter god bless.

Banned

Talking

do what the others have suggested research research then research it again just slow down it is not a race if you try to rush it you end potless wasting money

it is not easy for anyone to come into the uk now LEGALY THAT IS but IF YOU ARE MARRIED THEN MAYBE YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE

all the info you need is about on this site

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn&kenny View Post
    PLease help us with an a to z of exact requirments for my future wife to join me from the philippines . WE where told by consultancy specializing in visa that she will not getr a fiance visa or a visitors visa. So i am going to abra the phils to marry her. PLease help us with detailed list of exactly what we need > Mainly sponcers letters and the financial side. What exactly do the embassy want to see on six months bank satements and my six months bank statements ?? Any help wil be gratefully acsepted. Thanks guts. marlyn and kenny.
    Hi Kenny, Where in Abra is your girl from ? my wife is from La Paz Abra.

Before you go to get married you must visit your local registrars office to get a certificate of no impediment to marry, you will need to make an appointment and then wait for about one month to collect your certificate.
    You then take this certificate with you to British Embassy in Manila to have it converted to valid Philippines version (completed while you wait, not sure of the fee PHP 3000ish). Your fiance could start preparing for the wedding before you arrive, the requirements vary from district to district, will you marry in church or civil wedding ?
    JOHN and VANESSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post

Before you go to get married you must visit your local registrars office to get a certificate of no impediment to marry, you will need to make an appointment and then wait for about one month to collect your certificate.
    You then take this certificate with you to British Embassy in Manila to have it converted to valid Philippines version (completed while you wait, not sure of the fee PHP 3000ish). Your fiance could start preparing for the wedding before you arrive, the requirements vary from district to district, will you marry in church or civil wedding ?
    THank you so so much your help is so very welcome. I thank you for advice about certificate of no impediment. And it seams it must be displayed for 21 days on notice boards before i get it.THe very gray area my friends are money !!!! What does the embassy want to see on my payslips and bank statements ??? Some say they want to see 1500 pouns minimum savings, others say over 2000 ?? And some asian friends from packistan say they want to see six moths of steady savings, and the bank statements must never show you are overdrawn. Ie i may have slipped intoi my agread overdraught of 1500 a few times. Can you Elaberate ?? And when i go there to phils to marry her i wilo use at least 2000 for air tickest and basic weedding. And leave 1500 in my acount at least.THis leaves a 1500 overdraught i can use and the savings left in as 3000 at my disposal to keap Her on arival.PLease help this is a very gray area. regards and respect. kenny and marlyn

Thumbs down

My future wife is from banqaet abra in the north of the phils well noth west.A long ride from the capital lol.

respect

Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    Kenny

Why don't you do some research of your own, like other members of this forum, we are here to help in complicated cases, however, use the search function on the site, many of the requirements you ask for has been asked a million times, also have you read the advice at the top of the page it says if you need help, use Pete's site at http:www.british-filipino.com

or use the VFS Global page site as shown in the last post.
    THank god for people like you anbd your good wife. God be with you allways. this is the best site i have visited in years. regards. marlyn&kenny

Respected Member
    THank you so so much your help is so very welcome. I thank you for advice about certificate of no impediment. And it seams it must be displayed for 21 days on notice boards before i get it.THe very gray area my friends are money !!!! What does the embassy want to see on my payslips and bank statements ??? Some say they want to see 1500 pouns minimum savings, others say over 2000 ?? And some asian friends from packistan say they want to see six moths of steady savings, and the bank statements must never show you are overdrawn. Ie i may have slipped intoi my agread overdraught of 1500 a few times. Can you Elaberate ?? And when i go there to phils to marry her i wilo use at least 2000 for air tickest and basic weedding. And leave 1500 in my acount at least.THis leaves a 1500 overdraught i can use and the savings left in as 3000 at my disposal to keap Her on arival.PLease help this is a very gray area. regards and respect. kenny and marlyn
    The requirements for finances is not black and white. What the Embassy are looking for is that you have enough spare money to look after your wife without having to claim additional public funds. Obviously having some savings/investments, having spare money to save each month, and not being overdrawn helps to show this. Though if for example you are already supporting your partner (and can prove this to the embassy) it wouldn't necessarily be any issue if you didn't have any spare money each month.

hi. im from bangued abra.. wish us luck!

Thank you so much for your advice. I think i can pul this of. Though it still remains my big concern. I will have at least 1500 in my account on applying for visa in the manila embassy.Thats without being overdawn. But that overdraught is 1500 at my disposal. Thank you so much. so sorry about my grammer and spelling i am dyslexic. regards kenny and marlyn.

IT seams as i am dyslexic most are not willing to try help. But god bless and thanks to those who did. Regards kenny and marlyn

I was told by a visa consultancy she wont get a fiance visa because oour grounds are to weak. Because we have only spent two weeks together late set 2008 and a year working appart. So i then asked for a visitors visa, he said not much chance because she cannot show good grounds to return like family comitments a job ect.So i wil go there and spend a whole month, i hope this will be enough. Regards. kenny and marlyn. please excuse my dyslexia.

I was told by a visa consultancy she wont get a fiance visa because oour grounds are to weak. Because we have only spent two weeks together late set 2008 and a year working appart. So i then asked for a visitors visa, he said not much chance because she cannot show good grounds to return like family comitments a job ect.So i wil go there and spend a whole month, i hope this will be enough. Regards. kenny and marlyn. please excuse my dyslexia.
    dont bother with a visa consultancy,you can do it all yourself.

just use the search button as everything you need to know as been asked and answered many times.

you should have over £2000 in the bank for the 6 months bank statements.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Hi Kenny,
    As long as you have met, have proof that you have met and have proof of regular communication since your meeting, like emails, yahoo chat logs and letters you should be OK, so don't take any notice of the consultant, it's much better if you do it all without the aid of consultants or agents.

All you have to do is download the list of requirements that you have to submit for the visa from http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/ and then glean as much additional info and tips as you can from http://www.british-filipino.com/ , then if there's anything you don't understand, are unsure about, or would like more detailed advice about, you'll find the members here are always happy to help.

Iain.

PS: The one thing the consultant was correct about is the chances of getting a visit visa. The success rate for this kind of visa is extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    dont bother with a visa consultancy,you can do it all yourself.

just use the search button as everything you need to know as been asked and answered many times.

you should have over £2000 in the bank for the 6 months bank statements.
    Thank you so much for your help. PLease excuse my dyslexia.I havent had 2000 pounds in for over six months ! But will have over 4000 in my account when i go there to marry her this october.I invested my savings in cars i buy and sel. So for months its been stable with the od dip into my 1500 agread overdraught.Is there any point in me paying 585 embassy fee ??? maybe it wil be rejected ? God luck to you and your partner, god bless. Kenny&marlyn.

before you apply for the visa read up and research and make sure you fulfill the visa requirements until you do this dont bother trying for the visa?

THank you so much for your advice and help. Please excuse my dyslexia, and sausage fingers lol. Most areas thanks to thgis site are clear and we can meet the requirments. But 1 area remains pretty gray. My finances and weekly income. I have 6 months bank statements showing regular good income.The thging is i took my savings and invested it cars i buy and sel. So for those six months my savings are up and down and sometimes into my agread overdraught of 1500. But for sure when i leave this october to marry my loved one, i will have over 4000 in my account.PLease what is your advise. regards kenny and marlyn.

Banned

Talking

do the research first believe me now its going to cost a fair few bob if i told you how much i have spend over the 2 years of my LDR and my wife is still not in uk yet ..... i think you would run away

you must have a regular income to support your wife ...without recourse to public funds

its a long hard struggle dont start it unless you intend to finish it

you need to show that you have over £2000 in the bank for the 6 months and show how much you earn too,where you live and how much you will both live on.

having been overdrawn doesnt look good,how many months have you had over £2000 in?

i kept £2000 in my bank but with other money i had upto £5000 in my account for the 6 months.

God be with you and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    do the research first believe me now its going to cost a fair few bob if i told you how much i have spend over the 2 years of my LDR and my wife is still not in uk yet ..... i think you would run away

you must have a regular income to support your wife ...without recourse to public funds

its a long hard struggle dont start it unless you intend to finish it
    Thank you, i have only one very gray area, my savings ect. I have six months bank statements showing regular good income from my job.THe thing is i used my savings to buy and sel cars for profit to help us in our mariege.So a couple of times i have diped into my agread overdraught of 1500. But before i go this october i will have all moneys back into account over 4000. Do i stand a chance >>>??? thanks guys and good luck god bless. kenny and marlyn. Please excuse my dyslexia.

Sounds like u know your stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you need to show that you have over £2000 in the bank for the 6 months and show how much you earn too,where you live and how much you will both live on.

having been overdrawn doesnt look good,how many months have you had over £2000 in?

i kept £2000 in my bank but with other money i had upto £5000 in my account for the 6 months.
    I have six months statements but it shows me always under 2000 savings and a couple of times diping into my agread overdraught of 1500.Infact i used my savings ( roughly 1500 ) to buy and sel cars and this october before i leave i will have over 4000 back in my bank account. Shall i bother to waste the 585 pounds embassy fee ??? Or is it best to submit six months statements showing 2000 and above . THank you so much. warm regards. kenny and marlyn. Please excuse my dyslexia.

I have six months statements but it shows me always under 2000 savings and a couple of times diping into my agread overdraught of 1500.Infact i used my savings ( roughly 1500 ) to buy and sel cars and this october before i leave i will have over 4000 back in my bank account. Shall i bother to waste the 585 pounds embassy fee ??? Or is it best to submit six months statements showing 2000 and above . THank you so much. warm regards. kenny and marlyn. Please excuse my dyslexia.
    It's much better if you can show a stable earnings and savings record. If you buy and sell cars and your account goes from overdrawn to over £4000 in a short period of time, it can look a bit suspicious and the ECO might think that you have borrowed the money just so that your account will look healthy when you apply for the visa.

What the ECO's like to see is a reasonably healthy balance (usually around, but not necessarily as much as £2000) over a sustained period of time and with regular amounts going into your account each month. This will show him or her that you have disposable income at the end of every month after you've paid all of your bills etc.

Having said that, you may be able to explain to the satisfaction of the ECO, the erratic changes in your saving in the letter of support that you include with the application.

Iain.

hi. im from bangued abra.. wish us luck!
    My wife is from close to Bangued, in fact Bangued is the closest town to La Paz, we would often visit the market there..

As far as savings go it is not so important, in your covering letter to support your fiances (wifes) visa application you could mention why you have gone overdrawn, (sending money to your fiance, funding trips to see her perhaps) what the embassy is interested in is that you have a permanent source of income, enough to support you and your wife and somewhere to live. The more positive information you can provide the better.

Good Luck.
    JOHN and VANESSA

.. you can explain to your sponsor letter about the changes in your saving... that is what me and my husband doing now, writing a sponsor letter.. we explain everything they would want to know..make them satisfied
    but mind the grammar and spelling

CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Smile

Thanks Pumpkin, I can take care of the grammar and spelling... Im a Filpina lol
    We really appreciate all your advices, We know we will get there somehow

My wife is from close to Bangued, in fact Bangued is the closest town to La Paz, we would often visit the market there..

As far as savings go it is not so important, in your covering letter to support your fiances (wifes) visa application you could mention why you have gone overdrawn, (sending money to your fiance, funding trips to see her perhaps) what the embassy is interested in is that you have a permanent source of income, enough to support you and your wife and somewhere to live. The more positive information you can provide the better.

Good Luck.
    Hi Vanessa & John! Hope everything is well. Wow! isn't that great! When do you plan to visit Philippines? I might still be there in Bangued.
    Regards and God bless,
    Marlyn & Kenny

Smile

Goodluck for us then..
    God bless.

CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Im confused at first I thought your the Brit BF

Anyway goodluck and remember that best to research well, prepare your requirements, make sure everything is complete before you submit it...and most importantly better have everything sorted as it is expensive to apply for a VISA and you dont want it be wasted
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information