Thread: Seafarers with Filipina Wives

Respected Member

Seafarers with Filipina Wives

Just wondering how many seafarers are on here with Filipina wives and who lives in the Philippines?

I think Scottishbride and Subseastu are two that I know of and I know Aromulus was at sea many years ago.

Always meet someone on the ship who lives in the Philippines, so just wondered.

I've worked offshore, heavylift, general cargo, cruise and superyachts.

What's your position chap? Deckie or engineer? I heard the private yachts are pretty good!

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    I'm still in the uk at the moment but looking to go out to the phils next year once I've finished doing up this money pit of a house to rent it out.

I seem to meet more people offshore who live in the phils rather than the merchant side. Maybe its cos I take more notice now. I've heard that super yaghts are a good gig too. Long trips mind but a lot of time alongside and aslong as the owners aren't there you're left to your own devices. Don't know how true that is.

Scottishbride, if you read this just to let you know I've now changed company to one operating out of thailand. Off on wednesday to singers to live in an apartment for a few weeks while finishing off a conversion job for my new boat. Hard ol life.
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Scottishbride, if you read this just to let you know I've now changed company to one operating out of thailand. Off on wednesday to singers to live in an apartment for a few weeks while finishing off a conversion job for my new boat. Hard ol life.
    Alright mate it is Scottish Husband here, jeeewiz my wife keeps telling me to open up my own account, she gets a bit when I use her account name, but hey what the hell! Anyway long time no hear mate, how's tricks? You lucky bugger getting a few weeks in Singers, lovely place, been there 14 times and I still love the place like it was my first time there. Where you doing the refit, Jurong or Sembawang? I am on my way back to those frecking Chinese ships, we had a fire on the last one!

Respected Member
    I'm on the Deck side.

Well the grass always looks greener on the other side, and in all the types i've worked there has been pro's and con's. Loved the cruise ships for the social side, but a lot more work and hours then I expected and salaries crap.
    Yachting i've been doing for about 18 months now, and it really depends who you work for. We work time for time, and the boss is onboard around 6 weeks a year. The rest of the time we are alongside working mon-fri 9-5, summer in the Med and the winter in Caribbean/Maldives/Egypt etc. In Europe, you can fly home a couple of weekends a month at own cost (i.e a Friday to Monday on easyjet etc). Salaries on the bigger boats are on par (and in senior ranks better then offshore), and work load is less. The bad side is the bull****, politics and boredom factor of sitting alongside. Charter yachts can be much better with salary + average bonus of 2k per 1 week cruise tips. I think it's a pretty unstable market though, and conditions vary massively from yacht to yacht.

Heavylift was my favourite, good work with good people and plenty of time alongside in different places. Salaries and conditions were crap though!

I'll be in the Philippines next month, we're renting a place in Marikina (Manila), so if anyone is about let me know and could find somewhere for a beer.

So you reckon the deck side is the *******s! Well sorry to say I am a engineer! I work on LNG carriers for BP, but hey they have got me on these Chinese ships at the moment, put it this way they are something out of the ordinary! Mel and I live in Cainta, just a stones throw from Marikina, but I am leaving soon, won't be back until December, if you are in the Phils around that time I would be up for going out for a few San Migs, I am sure Subseastu would be up for it as well I am sure! I will pm you my email add!

Respected Member
    Unfortunately we'll be in England in December, having a Christmas in the UK and then i'm off to Warsash for 4 months study leave and seeing how Marvie likes living in the UK properly!
    I've sailed on Chinese built general cargo ships and I swear blind that if you stood aft you could see the vessel bending up the bow flexing! Never sailed with chinese crew though.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Unfortunately we'll be in England in December, having a Christmas in the UK and then i'm off to Warsash for 4 months study leave and seeing how Marvie likes living in the UK properly!
    I've sailed on Chinese built general cargo ships and I swear blind that if you stood aft you could see the vessel bending up the bow flexing! Never sailed with chinese crew though.
    Trust me you don't want to sail with Chinese officer's, we are sailing on these ships to train them up, it is gonna take decades! The last ship I was on was one year old, but really it looked 15 years old! Good luck with your trip to the Phils, go to Eastwood Libis for your dining out, lovely restaurants there and it is spitting distance from Marikina, enjoy!

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    A Fire!!!! I bet it was alright in the end though mate. Bet those chinese officers took control and sorted it in a controled professional manner!!!! Hope it wasn't too serious anyway mate. I've had 3 fires so far and luckly all got caught quickly.

I know waht you mean ricky about bul****t, I wasd a cadet with the RFA and lets just say that the senior officers and me didn't really see eye to eye a lot of the time.

Cable and wireless was a good gig but alcohol policies started to spoil it..

Anyway off for my overpriced eng1 today (away to singers tomorrow), £80 odd now for 2 years. What a joke. We had a guy over 30 stone!!!! onboard last year. He was ROV but still if I rocked up for my medical weighing that I get laughed out of the doctors.
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    A Fire!!!! I bet it was alright in the end though mate. Bet those chinese officers took control and sorted it in a controled professional manner!!!! Hope it wasn't too serious anyway mate. I've had 3 fires so far and luckly all got caught quickly.

I know waht you mean ricky about bul****t, I wasd a cadet with the RFA and lets just say that the senior officers and me didn't really see eye to eye a lot of the time.

Cable and wireless was a good gig but alcohol policies started to spoil it..

Anyway off for my overpriced eng1 today (away to singers tomorrow), £80 odd now for 2 years. What a joke. We had a guy over 30 stone!!!! onboard last year. He was ROV but still if I rocked up for my medical weighing that I get laughed out of the doctors.
    Best of luck with the medical mate! I went to Straits medical centre in Singapore for mine! Anyway off to Hong Kong tomorrow to join my next Chinese Disney ship, so for now mate take it easy and enjoy your time in Singers! p.s I hear they are going to knock down the 4 floors (Orchard Towers) pretty soon!

Thread Information