Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to go easy with the texting

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Yes Jim, before you select the card you choose the country you're calling and whther its a mobile or landline. You're right about 0800, I always call from a landline. Quality is usually fine, occasionally have the odd problem connecting.
    That's pretty good then, last time I looked at these cards was years ago and the Phils was still pretty expensive but definitly looks cheaper now!

Jim

Banned
    I am a bit peeved with the "Talk Home" calling card. When I last used it and called Rizza, the automated line tells me I have 300 minutes. Then after a 30 minute conversation I try again the following day but get told I have 100 minutes available Only to have the call disconnected in 10 minutes as I had ran out of call credit

And the customer service line is at a premuim rate so I am not going to call them to to get nowhere, only to get another £5+ for the fun of it...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I am a bit peeved with the "Talk Home" calling card. When I last used it and called Rizza, the automated line tells me I have 300 minutes. Then after a 30 minute conversation I try again the following day but get told I have 100 minutes available Only to have the call disconnected in 10 minutes as I had ran out of call credit

And the customer service line is at a premuim rate so I am not going to call them to to get nowhere, only to get another £5+ for the fun of it...
    I'd take matters up with your local Trading Standards Dept - sounds like a right rip off

Try registering with chikka (www.chikka.com) to send text messages to the philippines. it may save you a wee bit of money.

Quote Originally Posted by proud2bepinay View Post
    Try registering with chikka (www.chikka.com) to send text messages to the philippines. it may save you a wee bit of money.
    Isn't it expensive if they reply from the Phil though? We found the catch to Chikka a few years back.
    Keith - Administrator

As far as I can tell from the Chikka website, replies from Philippines cost 1.5pesos each.
    Its not 100% clear, but my faincee and I have used this a lot and she's never mentioned it being expensive.

Banned
    Just found this gem on the O2 website:

Text messaging abroad

Why write postcards when you can send a text? It's a low cost way of keeping in touch, and there are no charges to receive messages when you're abroad.

Just got to see what the cost if any it will cost me to send a text now! Otherwise I might have found a hidden goldmine, if I get to send them for free and Rizza gets to receive them for free.

But the following bit of info makes me think it might just be free for me:

Your Text messages abroad included in your domestic allowance

Pay Monthly customers can use text messages from within their normal text message allowance, at a rate of 4 to 1 i.e. you will use 4 normal text messages to send a text message from any where abroad.

A call to customer services is in order methinks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information