Thread: worried

worried

ive just checked on the status of the visa application and had this message now

" your application is ready for collection please visit the UK visa application centre where you submited your visa application to collect the same "

has anybody else had this ? does this mean visa refused ? or visa granted as its not bussines hours in manila yet i cant call them to query it any help gratefull

Quote Originally Posted by james999 View Post

" your application is ready for collection please visit the UK visa application centre where you submited your visa application to collect the same "

has anybody else had this ? does this mean visa refused ? or visa granted as its not bussines hours in manila yet i cant call them to query it any help gratefull
    Calm down mate, you going to be alright - everybody got a similar message when tracking their application I think - at the end you wilt get either this message or "Processed application returned by courier" - in case you have paid for the delivery service.
    When did you (you fiancee/wife) applied?
    Good luck man

P.S. Instead of going bonkers it would be better to start preparing your house and yourself for her arrival
    Jiri & Maricel

my fiancee applied on the 2nd july this has thrown me as i thought the next thing i would see was approved or rejected is says she should go there and i don't want her taking time of work on a wild goose chase i thought i would call them to clarify the message ?

my fiancee applied on the 2nd july this has thrown me as i thought the next thing i would see was approved or rejected is says she should go there and i don't want her taking time of work on a wild goose chase i thought i would call them to clarify the message ?
    More than likely you won't be able to get any clear answer out of them so if I were you I wouldn't bother to call
    At the end you never can see the status - if it was approved or rejected - you will only find out when the passport and documents are handed back to you fiancee...
    And - in both cases (approved x rejected) she will have to go back to VFS to collect the application etc. anyway...
    No worries, you will be OK
    Jiri & Maricel

thanks for that but i will still be climbing the walls until i know we have got it or not

thanks for that but i will still be climbing the walls until i know we have got it or not
    Aww - no worries I think nearly everybody in here has been through this
    I know that feeling very well myself - not so long ago we have been in situation "Processed - returned by courier" but my Maricel missed the courier when they tried to deliver for the first time as she's been working so I had to chew on my nails for another day in here...
    And now she's in here looking over my shoulder as I'm writing this reply - just finished her first week in UK
    Jiri & Maricel

thats great , we didnt go by the courier method maybe thats why they want her to go and collect the application from the VFS ? and we have the visa sitting in her passport anyway glad your mahal is there with you and i hope mine soon as well

We get very few refusals on here if people follow the advice.
    Keith - Administrator

Had the same message and exactly the same feelings but everything was fine. I am pretty sure the visa is granted.
    Get ready for the next stage in this exciting journey.
    JOHN and VANESSA

Worry no longer, mate! This is just one of the Embassy staff's two Standard Messages/little quirks (when everything has been dealt with) ... both of which GENERALLY mean the visa is affixed to an applicant's passport ... although [apart from the ECO] God alone knows WHY the so and so's can't simply inform the people concerned of the actual OUTCOME at the same TIME and be done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    God alone knows WHY the so and so's can't simply inform the people concerned of the ACTUAL outcome and be done with it!
    i know what you mean talk about double speak and grey areas but thanks for all replies , will be calling my mahal in a few hours to tell her not to go to work and head for the VFS instead and be shouting for joy myself and being calmed down by workmates when i get a good news text from her

CONGRATULATIONS JAMES999........it's an approved visa now...it will be my 2weeks tomorrow here in UK

hello james 999,
    dont worry to much everything is fine ,thats a visa already xxxx

Thread Information