Thread: settlement visa for my wife and 2 step-daughters

Newbie (Restricted Access)

settlement visa for my wife and 2 step-daughters

After 8-years together and married for 4-1/2yrs now with 3 step-daughters of whom one is now in Australia, my wife would like to settle in the UK for a few years. Applying for wife is not a problem but the question is about my 2 step-daughters. Do they have to be applied in the same way or if applying their mother she has them down as her dependents and me as their step-father, would it be a different type of visa for them. Secondly as my wife and I have been together for the past 8-years would she get indefinate stay to the UK or is it limited period given to her.
    Its not a case I can't afford to take care of them as I work overseas and already provide for them and my own 3 teenagers from a previous marriage to filipina who resides in the uk
    Thanks for any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated

you joined in 2005 and just made your first post
    and you remembered your password

have you lived with your wife for 4years or more ? if so i think she could apply for ILE, but she would have to pass the 'life in uk ' test first and that can only be taken in the uk , if syou have lived togther 4yrs or more, the visa should be endorsed "KOL required" ... get to the UK ... take the test .... and apply for ILR shortly thereafter(no need to wait the 2yrs)

if not 4yrs living togther then she would have to apply like most others on here for a spouse visa.

how old are her children? if under 18 and are not living a independent life, then they can go on her app as her dependents, but a settlement fee would need to be paid for each child (that's nearly 150,000php for your wife and 2 stepchildren )
    and your wife would need 'sole responsibility' of the children.not sure if you need to fill a visa app form for each child thou - i tihnk so

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you joined in 2005 and just made your first post
    and you remembered your password
    That's pretty amazing

Welcome George, sorry I can't help, I'm in a, not quite but, similar situation but asking similar questions, I'm sure someone on here wil be able to help!

Jim

what's up jim can't sleep 2:30am

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what's up jim can't sleep 2:30am

just trying out VMWare Server 2 and building a couple of Virtual Servers, I like late nights

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    After 8-years together and married for 4-1/2yrs now with 3 step-daughters of whom one is now in Australia, my wife would like to settle in the UK for a few years. Applying for wife is not a problem but the question is about my 2 step-daughters. Do they have to be applied in the same way or if applying their mother she has them down as her dependents and me as their step-father, would it be a different type of visa for them. Secondly as my wife and I have been together for the past 8-years would she get indefinate stay to the UK or is it limited period given to her.
    Its not a case I can't afford to take care of them as I work overseas and already provide for them and my own 3 teenagers from a previous marriage to filipina who resides in the uk
    Thanks for any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Welcome, George. Much as I'd like to offer advice, it would be better coming from someone with experience in dealing with the situation you're in. However, I cannot help wondering why your wife and two of her [?dependent] daughters should want to settle in the UK whilst you're stationed overseas. I mean, where's the point in forking out what, after all, amounts to a colossal sum of money for three separate visas (which I imagine MIGHT be needed) when you will continue living apart ANYWAY? ... for the duration of the time YOU are working abroad, at least!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    thanks to all, it is some time since i joined because was then we started to think about moving, not my choice but not wanting to be selfish and my wife has been with me in west africa and recently she has been onto me for them to move to england for a few years as my intention is to saty in warmer climes, hence one of the reasons i work in africa. i do rotate in my line of work and being apart though hard, we are both mature enough to bear it till all the young ones are able to go their owns once thru all their education, then she and i are at will to spend more time together.

Thread Information