Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help! Formerly An Illegal Immigrant Applying For Settlement Visa

Thank you for all those who reply on my thread.

Ever since I had overstayed in UK i knew i had breached the law, scared all the time, that if they caught me, i will get imprisoned and eventually be deported but the circumtances that i had havep forced me to stay even though its wrong. Before my visa expired, my father got very ill and in need of dialysis every week. As all of you know, the cost of dialysis here in the Philippines is very expensive. Its only me, where my family who can rely on. And if it a matter of life and death, i think most of you will do the same, sadly after 1 year of battle, my father passed away. After that, I already planned to go back home but I met my boyfriend and got pregnant, and my motherly instinct have stopped me. I witness the love and affection of my partner to us especially to her daughter but then we knew that we cant live being scared all the time. we had decided to put things straight, go home and then work out to start a new life. But the lack of resources is stopping us, as i don't earn much (working 4hrs a day, 4times a week @ 6.50 pounds an hour) and my partner as i had said is jobless that time. It took us 2 years to finally be ready to do the plan. Here we are now, asking your advises and help to finally start a new life, not only for us but especially to my daughter who doesn't know anything that had happened and only knows that one day, we're going home to her dad and be a happy family again.
    I understand that some people condemn me for what i did, i can't say anything for that. I'm asking your help to put things straight.

thank you

No condemnation on my part Donna throughout asia there are many thousands of westerners who breach local immigration rules with bribes and one day visa runs to adjacent countries.

From a time perspective immigration rules are a new beast and are mostly designed to economically keep people in there place.

Its not very long ago we would simply turn up with a gunboat and "discover" some place with resources we wanted and the natives became our subjects overnight ours to use as we please in fact its still going on in the middle east right now dressed up as "mutual aid"

Your baby in my opinion was entitled as an English child to receive the support of her NHS and both you and your guy whilst breaching the "laws" did just enough to ensure your basic rights as humans to food and shelter at least at the level you describe you cannot be accused of destroying the planet by careless consumption whilst your brothers and sisters starve.

It has been said that there are a million illegal immigrants here so it is evident that these laws not only dont work but are unworkable

The law is not a sacred cow all of the rights we have now at some point were against the laws of that time and many people were imprisoned and killed to overturn them In fact it is the citizens ultimate right and duty to say no and of course be punished when we are faced with unjust rules and regulations

Good Luck in your application
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donnabelvaldeo View Post
    thank you very much for those who commented on my case. i know that it will be very hard for us but we'll try my best. We have had breach the rules because of circumstances, and we are sorry for that, We want to put everything straight not just to be willing to abide the rules but most importantly for our family to live together legally, peacefully and happily.

to those who were asking what is my daughter's passport, its a filipino passport. that time, we thought that my daughter cannot get british citizenship even though her father is a british citizen because we were not married and was afraid to ask Home Office because our intention is to go home voluntarily and not to be deported, so that we wont face a ban in the UK in our future application.
    Hello Donna,,just keep in mind things happen for a reason. Focus and have faith and as Pete said be honest. (it's the best policy)..

People made mistake and I'm happy to hear that you ackowledge them. For you to come out and seek advise through this site is one good move. Hoping all things goes well and Keep the spirit up.
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Quote Originally Posted by donnabelvaldeo View Post
    Thank you for all those who reply on my thread.

Ever since I had overstayed in UK i knew i had breached the law, scared all the time, that if they caught me, i will get imprisoned and eventually be deported but the circumtances that i had havep forced me to stay even though its wrong. Before my visa expired, my father got very ill and in need of dialysis every week. As all of you know, the cost of dialysis here in the Philippines is very expensive. Its only me, where my family who can rely on. And if it a matter of life and death, i think most of you will do the same, sadly after 1 year of battle, my father passed away. After that, I already planned to go back home but I met my boyfriend and got pregnant, and my motherly instinct have stopped me. I witness the love and affection of my partner to us especially to her daughter but then we knew that we cant live being scared all the time. we had decided to put things straight, go home and then work out to start a new life. But the lack of resources is stopping us, as i don't earn much (working 4hrs a day, 4times a week @ 6.50 pounds an hour) and my partner as i had said is jobless that time. It took us 2 years to finally be ready to do the plan. Here we are now, asking your advises and help to finally start a new life, not only for us but especially to my daughter who doesn't know anything that had happened and only knows that one day, we're going home to her dad and be a happy family again.
    I understand that some people condemn me for what i did, i can't say anything for that. I'm asking your help to put things straight.

thank you
    oh that makes me emotionalGoodluck Donna! Keep the faith and be strong
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Arthur, I love what you said. I just wish I can be as wise as you.
    Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE, Florge! :lol2: Seriously, though, I'd like to thank you for your kind words of support, in what had been on the brink of escalating into fairly controversial differences of opinion between myself and another member.

Quote Originally Posted by katy View Post
    you dont deserve to be allowed back, you have abused the system, and to all the people who follow the rules, you are a disgrace, I suggest you get a job in SM, and live in the philippines, you are obviously distrustful , and deceitful
    Wow, aren't we just so full of the milk of human kindness and compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Wow, aren't we just so full of the milk of human kindness and compassion.
    MY thoughts entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by katy View Post
    you dont deserve to be allowed back, you have abused the system, and to all the people who follow the rules, you are a disgrace, I suggest you get a job in SM, and live in the philippines, you are obviously distrustful , and deceitful
    Harsh words, indeed! I would refer you to the post submitted by Donna 6 days ago; it appears at the top of THIS page. Can I respectfully suggest you ... and THEN ask yourself what [in all honesty] YOU would've done, HAD (God forbid) you found yourself facing a similar situation? And I quote:

"Let those who are without sin, cast the first stone!"

Thank you for your posts, i appreciate your time reading and commenting on my thread.

i will try to apply a visa, hopefully they will forgive me and consider my application as a fresh application.

i would like to ask you to please help me decide if i am eligible on an Unmarried Partner Settlement Visa.

As I had wrote in my previous posts, my partner and I had been living together since January 2005 until March 2008 when i went back voluntarily to Philippines. Our names and address were indicated in our daughter's birth and baptismal certificate as well as in other important documents with regards to my daughter. My name were not in any of the utility bills because i dont have credit references. I do have some post and club cards membership which is on the addresses where we were living. I would like to ask you if this is enough to be eligible in applying as an Unmarried Partner or should I just apply as a Fiance visa.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for your posts, i appreciate your time reading and commenting on my thread.

i will try to apply a visa, hopefully they will forgive me and consider my application as a fresh application.

i would like to ask you to please help me decide if i am eligible on an Unmarried Partner Settlement Visa.

As I had wrote in my previous posts, my partner and I had been living together since January 2005 until March 2008 when i went back voluntarily to Philippines. Our names and address were indicated in our daughter's birth and baptismal certificate as well as in other important documents with regards to my daughter. My name were not in any of the utility bills because i dont have credit references. I do have some post and club cards membership which is on the addresses where we were living. I would like to ask you if this is enough to be eligible in applying as an Unmarried Partner or should I just apply as a Fiance visa.

Thank you very much.

The Entry Clearance Officer will need to see evidence of a two-year relationship. This may include:
    • documents showing joint commitments, such as bank accounts, investments, rent agreements or mortgages, and
    • letters linking you to the same address, and official records (such as a gas or electricity bill or proof of your rent or mortgage arrangements) of your address
    I think the best way is fiance visa as you did not put yourself on any official documents as you decided to cheat the system.

Banned
    Is that how linient is UK immigration?
    You must be lucky then.
    I wish you can sort all this especially your baby's docs.
    Goodluck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information