Thread: needing help....

Question needing help....

My British boyfriend will be sponsoring me and my kids to visit UK. We're planning to apply for a visit visa this November but I'm worried of being refused. A friend of mine was refused twice on her visit visa application; the reason was that her sponsor doesn’t have enough money to accommodate her. How much money does a sponsor need? My boyfriend has a good job, and I guess could support our visit but the problem is that I don't have properties, and big savings account as one of the proofs needed to prove that we'll be coming back here in the Philippines after the visit. I do have a permanent job here as a Public School Teacher. Will this be enough to prove that my kids and I will be returning back here in the Philippines...? Please help me.... He might be visiting here again this November and work on our visit visa. Need advise ASAP.

No harm on trying.I was refused for a visit visa before because I had the same problem as yours but mine was more as I didn`t have a job.
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    No harm on trying.I was refused for a visit visa before because I had the same problem as yours but mine was more as I didn`t have a job.
    Thanks Mrs. Daddy. What did you do? what documents did you submit?

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    Thanks Mrs. Daddy. What did you do? what documents did you submit?
    visit this site for more infos: http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/

Hi AryM, Why don't you apply fiancee visa instead of visit visa? There are less chance if you apply on visit visa.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Hi AryM, Why don't you apply fiancee visa instead of visit visa? There are less chance if you apply on visit visa.
    Hi., i want to meet his family first and also he wanted me and my kids to see and experience life in UK. From that, we will decide where to get married and where to settle down. I also don't want to jump into a decision of living there because i have to consider my kids. They are still very young and I don't want them have culture shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    visit this site for more infos: http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/
    Thanks Mrs. Daddy.

Thanks Mrs. Daddy.
    Pleasureand Goodluck!

Hi., i want to meet his family first and also he wanted me and my kids to see and experience life in UK. From that, we will decide where to get married and where to settle down. I also don't want to jump into a decision of living there because i have to consider my kids. They are still very young and I don't want them have culture shock.

You can try this link this is the checklist for visit visa. Hope this will help.http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/Visit_Standard.pdf

Banned
    Truly wise decision... good luck!

A visit would indeed be wise, especially where kids are involved. It may be difficult to get approval though. The decision making process seems to be a bit of a black art and a lot of applications are refused with no real justification.
    Im not sure even a visit will eliminate the culture shock element. Im pretty sure that any move would be a shock to the system, but children are resilient, and in the UK, many schools have provision for managing children new to the UK and sometimes with limited English language skills.

It sounds like you're in better shape to get a visitor visa than many, with a fulltime job to return to. I think the key is to make it very, very clear that you WILL be returning to leave no scope for misunderstanding.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    It sounds like you're in better shape to get a visitor visa than many, with a fulltime job to return to. I think the key is to make it very, very clear that you WILL be returning to leave no scope for misunderstanding.

Good luck
    A letter from your employer stating that you are being given an agreed period of leave and that you will be expected to return to work on a specified date would certainly help your application. I think your chances of getting a visa would also be greater if you weren't taking your kids with you because that would be another strong reason for you to return.
    Iain.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    A letter from your employer stating that you are being given an agreed period of leave and that you will be expected to return to work on a specified date would certainly help your application. I think your chances of getting a visa would also be greater if you weren't taking your kids with you because that would be another strong reason for you to return.
    Iain.
    Not sure a letter from the employer would help as wouldn't most people give up their job if they found a job elsewhere that paid more?

Also I know a lot of Filipinos who leave their kids behind because they can earn more money abroad to give the kids a better life.

My deepest gratitude to all who shed light on my problem,.. this will help us finalized our decision. My kids are really my first priority, I can't afford leave them here in the Philippines, while I am having a lovely vacation in UK, and they are the reason why we need to visit there, aside from meeting my fiances' family.

hi aryM!!

i think you'll have a good application... I had tourist visa granted last year and able to spend my christmas with my fiance's family and tour London, Lowestoft and Edinburgh. As what others have said, you have to convince the ECO that you will be returning in the Philippines. A letter from your supervisor stating your specified date of leave (i also provided that before). I didnt have any properties and dont have big savings account. Whats important is your sponsors capacity to support your vacation, 6 months bank statements, evidence of suitable accommodation (photo), copy of land title if he owns the house if rented the contract, payslips.

i hope it helps...

Godbless!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by abby View Post
    hi aryM!!

i think you'll have a good application... I had tourist visa granted last year and able to spend my christmas with my fiance's family and tour London, Lowestoft and Edinburgh. As what others have said, you have to convince the ECO that you will be returning in the Philippines. A letter from your supervisor stating your specified date of leave (i also provided that before). I didnt have any properties and dont have big savings account. Whats important is your sponsors capacity to support your vacation, 6 months bank statements, evidence of suitable accommodation (photo), copy of land title if he owns the house if rented the contract, payslips.

i hope it helps...

Godbless!

Thank you so much for the help Abby...! this info has help me a lot... thanks!

Thread Information