Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: case for divorce?

case for divorce?

Hi guys I know it will be sound like it is me but it is not actually me who has the problem.

I have a question about a friend in Exeter who wants to file a divorce. They only got married just over a month ago. The reason is because they are continuously arguing over a nonsense reasons and sometimes end up with the husband beating the wife.

Now she wants to file a divorce but the problem is she doesnt know how and her passport has been sent to the UKBA for her ILR and it has still not been processed at the moment.

She wants to know if she will be able to call the UKBA office and ask if she can change the address to send her documents back or if she can just pick it up from the Home Office.

If she is going to file a divorce does that mean that the UKBA wont approve her application for her ILR?

She actually wants to stay here for a while to at least have a job till the possible ILR visa gets approved cos she has no money at all her hubby dont give her enough, not even enough for her fare escaping from him.

Thanks a lot in advance. God Bless!

She's best waiting till she gets the ILR.

I'm sure all the ladies on here would arrange to meet him all at the same time
    Keith - Administrator

Thats a very sad story

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Thats a very sad story
    All the women meeting?
    Keith - Administrator

The entire story is sad,especially when the word "Escape" was used,thats when you know a relationship hasnt worked out How long did your friend know the guy before she agreed to marry him Terrie?Wasnt she aware of his character?Total breakdown in the relationship after only a month is terrible.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I often wonder how they don't notice it isn't working before they marry!

After years things can change but not a month.

Tell her to stick around till the ILR is through, which doesn't take long, and get some evidence of the beatings (leave a mic around, hidden camera, etc), then when the ILR arrives, have him arrested.
    Keith - Administrator

A total break-down is incomprehensible in a month,there must have been signs long before,lets just hope its settled without serious injury,hell hath no fury like a psycho scorned If he wont let her go now imagine when she gets her divorce

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

Tell her to stick around till the ILR is through, which doesn't take long, and get some evidence of the beatings (leave a mic around, hidden camera, etc), then when the ILR arrives, have him arrested.
    Agreed And don't shy away from sending his as to prison

Respected Member
    Nothing justifies beating a woman, not ever.

It is a very sad story.

I am a bit confused onthe ILR side of things though as the timings seem a bit strange?

Jim

She should give him back what he deserves
    Jiri & Maricel

Thanks for all the replies

They met on the dating site i forgot what it is, the guy visited her for 10days and then she applied for a fiancee visa they been arguing before she come here and then when they living together after she arrived here for about 2 weeks they start arguing like every week she will call me and tell me about it and it seems they arguing in everything I dont understand like the guy is actually blaming her or keep reminding her that he got no money cos he spent it all by getting her here in the UK and like telling her that she should do things in his way even cooking rice OMG we Pinay should be the closest to perfect to cook rice but waever. I dont wanna say more what they are arguing about cos my hubby is telling me it is not necessary lol he just dont want me to be nosey. She arrived here last march 26 got married 8aug and now separating.

She left the house tonight and moved to the filipino family nearby and she will be travelling tomorow to come and stay with me while she figuring out what she gonna do next. I advised her early this morning that it is best if she will wait for her ILR to arrive but then they already decided and the husband is actually pushing her out in the house.

The husband is telling her that he will ban her to the immigration which I dont know how he gonna do that. Before they got married I keep on telling my friend to think about it million times but she doesnt like to go home and tell her family that she failed cos she is embarassed about the outcome of the foreigner coming to get her but she failed

The first time she got hit by her fiancee that time Im asking her to just go home but then she doesnt wanna go home cos she is afraid to face her family and the failure. So she attempted to commit suicide but she wasnt succesful so I told her to stop being with him anymore and dont be afraid to come home.

What she can do now I dont know. She already left the house tonight the ILR still in process she submit her application about a month ago she has no idea when it is going to turn up. Would the UKBA office will accept call and possibly be ok with just collectiing her documents personally rather than send it to her husband address?

Thanks guys for the replies again I wanna help my friend but i dont know what to do. Hope this will sort out soon tho.

Banned
    When she gets to you maybe take her to the citizen advice bureau, get as much advise as you can. Best of luck to her.

Hi Terrie, it is extremely sad and absolutely unbelievable for me to read that someone can behave like this to his wife and I would say it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
    It is very nice to read that she has support in you and that she's coming to live with you through this hard period of her life.
    You friend doesn't need to worry about her ILR as there are definitely ways how to get it sorted.
    The same is about he threats from her husband that he will get her deported etc - it is quite the opposite - if he will try he might get into serious trouble himself.
    Please see following link to UKBA pages - I'm sure you can get some advice from there and some comfort for your friend:

UKBA - domestic violence

Nothing is lost, wish your friend good luck and nerves of steel
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member

because I think they don't know unless they try?
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Hi Terrie, it is extremely sad and absolutely unbelievable for me to read that someone can behave like this to his wife and I would say it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
    It is very nice to read that she has support in you and that she's coming to live with you through this hard period of her life.
    You friend doesn't need to worry about her ILR as there are definitely ways how to get it sorted.
    The same is about he threats from her husband that he will get her deported etc - it is quite the opposite - if he will try he might get into serious trouble himself.
    Please see following link to UKBA pages - I'm sure you can get some advice from there and some comfort for your friend:

UKBA - domestic violence

Nothing is lost, wish your friend good luck and nerves of steel
    Thank you so much for your reply these info will help her to decide what she gonna do next.

Red face

hi..how long they have been chatting before they met in real..? it was only 10 days the guy visited her and she got a fiancee visa
    it is so sad.. the husband beating her and keep telling her what he's done to her, its a big..
    and my husband said you can only file a divorce after 1 year of marriage..
    how bad is that...
    is her husband has been married before or is this his first marriage?
    does he has a family there?
    she should of checked her husband family background before marry him but its too late now
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

BTW Terrie - something just came to my mind...
    You say that she is applying for ILR?
    Isn't it actually FLR??? As she came in here on fiancee visa I think that she should be applying for the FLR first
    If I'm wrong someone please correct me...
    Jiri & Maricel

applying for ilr, looks like for many people is taking longer than 3 months, so if her husband phoned up UKBA and told them he was no longer supporting his wife and the marriage is over, maybe they will refuse the app.

domestic violence i dont think would help, does she have evidence doctor or police reports ? , also shes moved out of their home.

i know it sounds bad, but if she put up with all the for so long, why she couldn't try stay with him but avoid him as much as possible until she got ILR.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrielicious View Post
    The husband is telling her that he will ban her to the immigration which I dont know how he gonna do that.
    That's fine, just tell her to make it clear to him he's going to jail if he does. And if she's already left, tell her never to go to see him alone.
    Keith - Administrator

Her application is FLR not ILR because she's only here seven months .
    Regards,

Ping

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post
    Sounds right... What is her visa status in the UK..?? Complete breakdown after only one month.. rare... and very sad...

AJ :(

Banned
    Thanks for all the replies

They met on the dating site i forgot what it is, the guy visited her for 10days and then she applied for a fiancee visa they been arguing before she come here and then when they living together after she arrived here for about 2 weeks they start arguing like every week she will call me and tell me about it and it seems they arguing in everything I dont understand like the guy is actually blaming her or keep reminding her that he got no money cos he spent it all by getting her here in the UK and like telling her that she should do things in his way even cooking rice OMG we Pinay should be the closest to perfect to cook rice but waever. I dont wanna say more what they are arguing about cos my hubby is telling me it is not necessary lol he just dont want me to be nosey. She arrived here last march 26 got married 8aug and now separating.

She left the house tonight and moved to the filipino family nearby and she will be travelling tomorow to come and stay with me while she figuring out what she gonna do next. I advised her early this morning that it is best if she will wait for her ILR to arrive but then they already decided and the husband is actually pushing her out in the house.

The husband is telling her that he will ban her to the immigration which I dont know how he gonna do that. Before they got married I keep on telling my friend to think about it million times but she doesnt like to go home and tell her family that she failed cos she is embarassed about the outcome of the foreigner coming to get her but she failed

The first time she got hit by her fiancee that time Im asking her to just go home but then she doesnt wanna go home cos she is afraid to face her family and the failure. So she attempted to commit suicide but she wasnt succesful so I told her to stop being with him anymore and dont be afraid to come home.

What she can do now I dont know. She already left the house tonight the ILR still in process she submit her application about a month ago she has no idea when it is going to turn up. Would the UKBA office will accept call and possibly be ok with just collectiing her documents personally rather than send it to her husband address?

Thanks guys for the replies again I wanna help my friend but i dont know what to do. Hope this will sort out soon tho.
    Yes you can deliver and pick up FLR documentation personally at LUNAR HOUSE in CROYDON.. I am not sure about other locations..

AJ

Hi guys I know it will be sound like it is me but it is not actually me who has the problem.

I have a question about a friend in Exeter who wants to file a divorce. They only got married just over a month ago. The reason is because they are continuously arguing over a nonsense reasons and sometimes end up with the husband beating the wife.

Now she wants to file a divorce but the problem is she doesnt know how and her passport has been sent to the UKBA for her ILR and it has still not been processed at the moment.

She wants to know if she will be able to call the UKBA office and ask if she can change the address to send her documents back or if she can just pick it up from the Home Office.

If she is going to file a divorce does that mean that the UKBA wont approve her application for her ILR?

She actually wants to stay here for a while to at least have a job till the possible ILR visa gets approved cos she has no money at all her hubby dont give her enough, not even enough for her fare escaping from him.

Thanks a lot in advance. God Bless!
    she need to sort it out her visa first before she file a devorce to her husband.
    all things are possible!

D.i.v.o.r.c.e

Perhaps I’m being a little cynical here, or have a suspicious mind, but there are always two sides to every story, and at present we’ve only seen one & some things just don’t ring true, or sit comfotrable with me.

I assume that it’s a FLR she’s applying for, not the ILR?
    Also, this She actually wants to stay here for a while to at least have a job till the possible ILR visa gets approved cos she has no money at all. Is very confusing.

She cannot work until the FLR is approved…. and there is obviously no chance of her gaining an ILR in 2 years’ time.

Perhaps she just came for “economic reasons” in the first place, perhaps it was never her intention to “make it work”. Who knows ?

It seems she’s more concerned about the FLR/ILR being granted than anything else !
    She's prepared to shut her mouth to his violence, his behaviour UNTIL the FLR is granted, yes ????????????

“She has no money to return”.
    If she pitched up at the Filipino Embassy in London and explained the situation, they would repatriate her. (Isn’t this part of what’s covered at the CFO ?). Granted, they might bill her for the flight, but they would also (I assume) expect her to levy assault charges against the husband.

….. but if she did that, then there would be no chance of the FLR being granted, and hence no chance of working here.

BTW …. I would never ever condone violence in the family home/environment in ANY circumstances.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

I'm sorry to hear the story of your friend

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi..how long they have been chatting before they met in real..? it was only 10 days the guy visited her and she got a fiancee visa
    it is so sad.. the husband beating her and keep telling her what he's done to her, its a big..
    and my husband said you can only file a divorce after 1 year of marriage..
    how bad is that...
    is her husband has been married before or is this his first marriage?
    does he has a family there?
    she should of checked her husband family background before marry him but its too late now
    Yes I agree
    Divorce
    To get divorced you must have been married for more than one year
    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...orce/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post
    yes agree to Ate Ping
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    Perhaps I’m being a little cynical here, or have a suspicious mind, but there are always two sides to every story, and at present we’ve only seen one & some things just don’t ring true, or sit comfotrable with me.
    I agree.

Banned
    My thoughts are with her state of mind, never mind about the dam visa! She tried to commit suicide.
    she must be at her wits end..is it really worth hanging on in there with a wife beater? I think not..once a wife beater, always a wife beater.
    Yes, there are two sides to every coin but, no woman deserves to be beaten what ever the provocation.
    Surely life can't be that bad for her in the Phil, so bad that she would rather stay here and be treated like a miss treated dog, I think not! she should go home, the gossips will soon find something else to gossip about.

gWaPito

... this is exactly my point.

It seems that the desire for a Visa, the desire for that all-important National Insurance number
    outweighs all other concerns.

The whole thread is about "if he does this... can I get my visa", or "if this happens ... what
    about my visa"

Whereas it should be about, "My life and health is at threat. How do I end this nightmare. Who
    should I complain to, what evidence do I need to provide to the police, how do I get home to
    my family".

There is more to this methinks
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Smile

It seems that the desire for a Visa, the desire for that all-important National Insurance number

The whole thread is about "if he does this... can I get my visa", or "if this happens ... what
    about my visa"

Whereas it should be about, "My life and health is at threat. How do I end this nightmare. Who
    should I complain to, what evidence do I need to provide to the police, how do I get home to
    my family".

you have a point bluebirdjones
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Banned

about my visa"

my family".

Yes, I think you are right bluebirdJones...after reading the header again, something is missing..I guess we will be like the rest..watching this space. I know for sure, the visa wouldn't be the the uppermost in my mind if I'd try to do myself away.
    It may be us misunderstanding and it's the 'friend' trying to get her to stay.

Thanks for the reply BluebirdJones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information