Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: case for divorce?

Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post
    Her application is FLR not ILR because she's only here seven months .

Lol it is FLR. i dont know about visa things only when im reading here in the forum that is why im glad i found this forum I learned a lot here.

Thanks you for the reply Ate Ping and for correcting me.

GOdBless

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post

is her husband has been married before or is this his first marriage?
    does he has a family there?
    she should of checked her husband family background before marry him but its too late now
    Her husband has already been married 4 times before. She didnt know this before she came to uk and only found this out from filipino friends she has made here. They know his latest Ex wife and she was also a victim of his violence :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    I assume that it’s a FLR she’s applying for, not the ILR?
    Also, this She actually wants to stay here for a while to at least have a job till the possible ILR visa gets approved cos she has no money at all. Is very confusing.
    Yes.. sorry as I mentioned above, I meant FLR not ILR

She's prepared to shut her mouth to his violence, his behaviour UNTIL the FLR is granted, yes ????????????
    No. Ive never said that, she has tried to live with it and make the marriage work, but sometimes enough is enough and things have to change.

“She has no money to return”.
    If she pitched up at the Filipino Embassy in London and explained the situation, they would repatriate her. (Isn’t this part of what’s covered at the CFO ?). Granted, they might bill her for the flight, but they would also (I assume) expect her to levy assault charges against the husband.

….. but if she did that, then there would be no chance of the FLR being granted, and hence no chance of working here.
    Im not sure about what the filipino embassy would do, but her thoughts are that now shes here she may as well try to make the best of things. If its not going to work out with her husband and she can get a visa to stay and work here for 2 years, then why not do that?

I dont know for sure her intention when she agreed to marry him only what she has told me and my own judgement on whether she is being truthfull about that or not. My feeling is that she came here for the right reasons and things have gone wrong since she arrived.

Only she knows for sure.....

He has been married FOUR times The guys a masochist Well,once again marry in haste repente in leisure,or in your friends case marry in haste repent even quicker Lots of pinays marry tom,dick,or harry without having a clue about the guy just to escape being left on the shelf or to escape poverty,though its true what BlueBird pointed out,she does seem eager for her Visa which is quite strange considering her short-lived marriage has just broken up It will all come out in the wash as my nan used to say

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    'friend'
    Please see line one of the first post

How old are the couple Terri The guy must be clocking on judging by the number of divorces he has racked up?Unless he is into speed relationships?A bit like speed dating but more meaningful(for a short while anyway)

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

i take it she didn't contact the police, doctor or social services ? if not i doubt she will get ilr becuase of domestic violence.

maybe she could still get flr, depends if her husband contacts immigration and tells them their marriage is over, but even if he did, maybe her app is already processed, or maybe they will not do anything yet. but i think becuase their marriage is over they could revoke her flr and tell her to leave the uk, even if she did get flr and is not told to leave, she cant get ilr as her marriage is over.

options for staying here, not much chance at all

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    applying for ilr, looks like for many people is taking longer than 3 months, so if her husband phoned up UKBA and told them he was no longer supporting his wife and the marriage is over, maybe they will refuse the app.

domestic violence i dont think would help, does she have evidence doctor or police reports ? , also shes moved out of their home.

i know it sounds bad, but if she put up with all the for so long, why she couldn't try stay with him but avoid him as much as possible until she got ILR.
    1. Thats true in my case 4 months(ILR) , FLR (same day)

2. She should have rang the police and had him picked up

3. I think it is hard Joeblogs to put up with it when your life is in danger?
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrielicious View Post
    Her husband has already been married 4 times before. She didnt know this before she came to uk and only found this out from filipino friends she has made here. They know his latest Ex wife and she was also a victim of his violence :(
    You get to know the person when you live in the same roof, share 1 pillow and argue about it

Is this an online love affair to start with? if you dont mind me asking?

Respected Member
    [QUOTE=Bluebirdjones;174114]Perhaps I’m being a little cynical here, or have a suspicious mind, but there are always two sides to every story, and at present we’ve only seen one & some things just don’t ring true, or sit comfotrable with me.

I agree.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    How old are the couple Terri The guy must be clocking on judging by the number of divorces he has racked up?Unless he is into speed relationships?A bit like speed dating but more meaningful(for a short while anyway)
    Don't knock it until you tried it

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    or he may be into serial marriage, lol.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Don't knock it until you tried it
    I would never knock speed dating,I wouldnt participate either however
    Your right Soph,he might just like wedding ceremonies or wedding cake At least he has the decency to get divorced between "Relationships" otherwise he could add bigamist to his list of sins

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i take it she didn't contact the police, doctor or social services ? if not i doubt she will get ilr becuase of domestic violence.

maybe she could still get flr, depends if her husband contacts immigration and tells them their marriage is over, but even if he did, maybe her app is already processed, or maybe they will not do anything yet. but i think becuase their marriage is over they could revoke her flr and tell her to leave the uk, even if she did get flr and is not told to leave, she cant get ilr as her marriage is over.

options for staying here, not much chance at all
    Unfortunately she didnt contact any of the authorities.

Her husband says he will give the passport back to my friend once it is processed and sent back.
    She will try to phone the UKBA to see if we will be able to just pick up the documents?

She shouldn't have 'escaped',she shouldve just called the authorities on him,and had his ass busted.or like enroll at a kick boxing class,so the fight would be even. (Jennifer LOPez, *enough)
    love is a verb its not a feeling u lose/it is something u do/

Quote Originally Posted by eleazebonares View Post
    She shouldn't have 'escaped',she shouldve just called the authorities on him,and had his ass busted.or like enroll at a kick boxing class,so the fight would be even. (Jennifer LOPez, *enough)
    Then she'd be sent home now. Although she will be in 2 years anyway, as she won't get ILR.
    Keith - Administrator

My thoughts are with her state of mind, never mind about the dam visa! She tried to commit suicide.
    she must be at her wits end..is it really worth hanging on in there with a wife beater? I think not..once a wife beater, always a wife beater.
    Yes, there are two sides to every coin but, no woman deserves to be beaten what ever the provocation.
    Surely life can't be that bad for her in the Phil, so bad that she would rather stay here and be treated like a miss treated dog, I think not! she should go home, the gossips will soon find something else to gossip about.
    Very true, no woman should put up with any form of violence from their partner, in fact this fella ain't really a man, no matter what has caused the disagreements there is no reason to raise the hand to a woman. What is it with some people picking up girls on the internet and then marrying them without really knowing each other, why not check the water level before jumping in.

... this is exactly my point.

It seems that the desire for a Visa, the desire for that all-important National Insurance number
    outweighs all other concerns.

The whole thread is about "if he does this... can I get my visa", or "if this happens ... what
    about my visa"

Whereas it should be about, "My life and health is at threat. How do I end this nightmare. Who
    should I complain to, what evidence do I need to provide to the police, how do I get home to
    my family".

There is more to this methinks

Precisely, I would have thought that if everything was as bad as she has said, the sort of thing she would asking would be, "how can I get some help to get back home to my family".
    Iain.

Smile

hi terrielicious, where is the girl now.. ?you said she will stay with you..is she there with you now?
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi terrielicious, where is the girl now.. ?you said she will stay with you..is she there with you now?
    Yes she is with me now she arrived yesterday afternoon and we picked her up from the Bus Station. She is beside me reading here in the forum and she wanna join as well here but at the moment we dont have a good connection we just use the plug in internet.

She still texting with her husband and the husband seems to blamed her from leaving it seems strange cos he is now texting like it was my friend fault that she left him and that she is a bad wife leaving her husband alone? hmmm dont understand him at all now.

She will go home to the philippines now but she gonna have to wait for her passport to turn up her husband says he will give her passport back once its been returned.

I really hope that my friend wont go back with him she still keep replying to his text anyway.

i think your friend has virtually no chance of getting ILR in 2yrs time thru marriage, even if she does get FLR very soon.(possible if she goes back to him .. )

if she wants to stay, she needs to find another way..

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Then she'd be sent home now. Although she will be in 2 years anyway, as she won't get ILR.
    2years is good.student visas are for 2 years,so what the heck.

U guys,maybe its her family who wants her to stay..maybe she needs to spill it out on here so everyone will be enlightened. I mean,i dont blame here if she wants to escape poverty.who could??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information