Thread: Choice - living in the UK or Philippines?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tell him to save enough in the UK to enable him to pay his own salary whilst here..
    Tell him to save a bit more if he wants to put in some overtime...
    Now thats what I call being self employed!!

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    I think I'm in a slightly different / better position than most of the people on this forum. My job (work offshore on a dive boat) means I spend 6 month away from home. This means my home for the remaining 6 months can be anywhere i choose. We're going to emigrate to the phils next years and I'm really looking forward to it.

When I talk to folk about living in the uk the list of negatives grows longer and longer. With the money I earn I can have a very respectable life style out there. I'm fortunate that my company provide private health care and will fly my to anywhere from anywhere to join my ship.

As long as you can work you can have a fantastic lifestyle in the phils.

Main drawbacks with living in the phils : Proper bread, beer, cheese, fillet steak, cream, decent roast dinner, pork sausages, back bacon. Oh yes family and friends
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I think I'm in a slightly different / better position than most of the people on this forum. My job (work offshore on a dive boat) means I spend 6 month away from home. This means my home for the remaining 6 months can be anywhere i choose. We're going to emigrate to the phils next years and I'm really looking forward to it.

When I talk to folk about living in the uk the list of negatives grows longer and longer. With the money I earn I can have a very respectable life style out there. I'm fortunate that my company provide private health care and will fly my to anywhere from anywhere to join my ship.

As long as you can work you can have a fantastic lifestyle in the phils.

Main drawbacks with living in the phils : Proper bread, beer, cheese, fillet steak, cream, decent roast dinner, pork sausages, back bacon. Oh yes family and friends

You can get most of the stuff on your list these days(steak etc usually from Australia Fillet steak about 1,200PHP per kilo.)..
    Roast dinners taste even better now that my wood burning oven is up n running..
    And my pizza`s are the bees kneez!

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    You can get most of the stuff on your list these days(steak etc usually from Australia Fillet steak about 1,200PHP per kilo.)..
    Roast dinners taste even better now that my wood burning oven is up n running..
    And my pizza`s are the bees kneez!
    Thats good to know. Not a bad price for fillet steak either. where did you get your wood burning stove from Fred? Are you a budding Jamie Oliver? Quite like the idea of one of those, standing around outside watching it cook stuff with a cold san mig!
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Thats good to know. Not a bad price for fillet steak either. where did you get your wood burning stove from Fred? Are you a budding Jamie Oliver? Quite like the idea of one of those, standing around outside watching it cook stuff with a cold san mig!
    Built it with the help of 2 Filipino masons and some red clay brick..
    The oven is outside but the front of it is built into the kitchen wall (if you know what I mean)
    we've done beef casseroles,shepherds pie,roast pork/chicken etc and the pizza s take 59 seconds at 900F!!

Thread Information