Thread: Marriage Contract to register here in UK?

Respected Member

Marriage Contract to register here in UK?

Hi All,

I told my friend about the forum and she was asking about her Marriage Contract if it needs to be registered here in UK Phil Embassy?

I registered mine because there was one time that the Phil Emb Consul was here in our place and I had my passport ammended. I was married here in the UK she was married in Phils so I dont know what to say. Please can anyone help as I promise to ring her as soon as I get info?

Thanks a lot again.
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Smile

hi jaishann..
    i am married here in the phils...
    my husband have deposited our marriage certificate to the GRO in london..

Benefits of depositing your documents

* you can obtain certified copies of your documents without having to apply to the authorities in the country where you married.
    * your marriage or partnership documents will become an official record.
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi jaishann..
    my husband has been deposited our marriage certificate to FCO..i have just sent my certified true copy of my marriage cert to my husband..

* you can obtain certified copies of your documents without having to apply to the authorities in the country where you married.
    Hi Pumpkin thanks for your reply. Is your husband registering the MC at Philemb here in the UK? Just to make it clear the registration my friend is talking about is registration with Phil emb here in the UK as I was made to register mine. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by jaishann View Post
    Hi All,

I told my friend about the forum and she was asking about her Marriage Contract if it needs to be registered here in UK Phil Embassy?

I registered mine because there was one time that the Phil Emb Consul was here in our place and I had my passport ammended. I was married here in the UK she was married in Phils so I dont know what to say. Please can anyone help as I promise to ring her as soon as I get info?

Thanks a lot again.
    hello.i got married in the Philippines.my passport was amended in Phili Embassy London.I signed the Report of Marriage Form but they did not accept it.Coz according to them, Report of Marriage is for marriage performed outside the Philippines.

Here's the link:

http://philembassy-uk.org/forms/pass...dment_back.pdf

6. If marriage is performed outside the Philippines, three (3) completed Report of Marriage forms (which are available
    at the Embassy and at the Embassy website). If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the
    filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration.

Banned
    Hi All,

Thanks a lot again.
    Hi, I'm pumpkins husband. I downloaded form from the site http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...hips/DG_175716.

You need to allow 20 working days for your passport to be returned.
    With special delivery it cost £47 to have it registered.
    It does explain what papers you need to send.

Good luck

Oh..you do not need to legally register any foreign marriage here in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    hello.i got married in the Philippines.my passport was amended in Phili Embassy London.I signed the Report of Marriage Form but they did not accept it.Coz according to them, Report of Marriage is for marriage performed outside the Philippines.

Here's the link:

http://philembassy-uk.org/forms/pass...dment_back.pdf

6. If marriage is performed outside the Philippines, three (3) completed Report of Marriage forms (which are available
    at the Embassy and at the Embassy website). If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the
    filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration.

Hello esther,does this mean that fiance visa holder must report thier marriage in the phil embassy London? If so can we report our marriage by post?...

Respected Member
    filing of Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18 for late registration.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is what happened to me late registration. Thanks for your reply.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Hi, I'm pumpkins husband. I downloaded form from the site http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...hips/DG_175716.

You need to allow 20 working days for your passport to be returned.
    With special delivery it cost £47 to have it registered.
    It does explain what papers you need to send.

Good luck

Oh..you do not need to legally register any foreign marriage here in UK.
    Thanks for the info. I can ring my friend now . thanks again

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Hello esther,does this mean that fiance visa holder must report thier marriage in the phil embassy London? If so can we report our marriage by post?...
    Hi Pat, yes we have to report our marriage here at Phil emb in London at the same time you can apply for ammendment to your passport -

I think this is the reason why my FLR visa (although I presented my MC) was still in my single name and my ILR is in my married name because I had my passport ammended prior to applying ILR.

Hi Pat, yes we have to report our marriage here at Phil emb in London at the same time you can apply for ammendment to your passport -

I think this is the reason why my FLR visa (although I presented my MC) was still in my single name and my ILR is in my married name because I had my passport ammended prior to applying ILR.

Thank you so much jaishann,sorry for the late reply,been busy for the past months,is it possible to report by post?....

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi jaishann..
    my husband have deposited our marriage certificate to the GRO in london..

..if married in UK,,what are the advantages for a filipina to apply changed name..in philippine embassy here in UK?

Thread Information